PDA

View Full Version : Crazy finish in US Open

Toronto
09-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Doing this at work - Serena Williams blew a gasket on a foot fault call and apparantly tells the line judge she's gonna shove her racket down her fkn throat, and thanks to a second court violation, was DQed because it was now match point.

Crazy finish.

RohitTheNair
09-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't blame Serena at all, that call was simply unacceptable on so many levels.....

We need a tennis thread for fellow fans like me out there....By the way, im a die-hard Nadal fan, Serena is my favorite women's player.

Titansfan777
09-12-2009, 11:25 PM
video? anyone? I must see it

RohitTheNair
09-12-2009, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIQcJU9VKU4

Titansfan777
09-13-2009, 12:12 AM
wow, the asian chick needs shoulda gotten pummeled by serena.

Sect309Fan
09-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Wow! Thanks for the video clip. What a crazy ending... :ohmy

TITAN 1
09-14-2009, 11:00 AM
On the mens side, anyone see Federer's point to get to match point? Unbelievable! The best part is when you see it in slow motion and see the expression on his opponent's face. It's like "Did you really just do that?"

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/roger-federer-between-legs-shot-vs-djokovic

I could not find a clip form the post match that showed the slow motion and close up of Djokovic's expression, but it is priceless!

Titanico
09-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Serena took or tarnished the glory of her opponent.

She was a poor sport.

Titansfan777
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
WTF. I dozed off while federer was taking a dump on his opponent and just dominating the dude. When I wake up. I see federer holding the 2nd place trophy.

TITAN 1
09-14-2009, 08:44 PM
WTF. I dozed off while federer was taking a dump on his opponent and just dominating the dude. When I wake up. I see federer holding the 2nd place trophy.I didn't see it tonight, but saw the result. I guess he should have saved that backwards through the legs shot for today. That was one hell of a shot!

Sect309Fan
09-15-2009, 07:48 AM
WTF. I dozed off while federer was taking a dump on his opponent and just dominating the dude. When I wake up. I see federer holding the 2nd place trophy.

I just watched the last part of the 4th set and the tiebreaker, and del Potro was a beast. I have watched Federer play quite a bit, and I can't remember a time that someone could just outhit him like that. del Potro just crushed the ball on his serves and forehands.

Great win for Argentenia.

Titansfan777
09-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Got any vids?

Toronto
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I was assigned all of the weekend tennis, and wasn't thrilled about it. I'm not a huge tennis fan, but this weekend may have changed that.

The del Potro/Federer and Federer/Djokovic matches were awesome displays of talent and power. I love getting emotionally involved in matches I have absolutely no vested interest in, and yesterday I was on the edge of my seat by the 5th set.

That was great theater yesterday and hopefully the men's game is revitalized by some new talent that emerged yesterday.