PDA

View Full Version : World Cup in Nashville

Predarat
09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
If you would like to see the World Cup in Nashville please sign this petition. Im not the biggest soccer fan in the world but this would help Nashville. I heard on 104.5 The Zone that Nashville has made it to the finals as cities to host World Cup games. It doesn't take long, it needs an email address, zip code and your name is optional. Thank You!

If you live outside of the Nashville/Middle Tennessee area please put the zip code as 37213.

http://www.gousabid.com/page/s/sticker

Hookem Horns
09-22-2009, 09:21 PM
I am a pretty big soccer fan (of European soccer). That petition is to get the WC in the US. If the US is the host country then select cities would be chosen to host certain matches.

I am sure MLS cities would have priority if the US were to host.

titanup23
09-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I am sure MLS cities would have priority if the US were to host.

I would disagree because whenever I watch MLS games, the place definitely isn't sold out or anywhere near it and with the number of fans that have showed up to the last two US World Cup Qualifying matches in Nashville, I'd say we'd make a STRONG case of having the World Cup in Nashville. Maybe not the knock out round games, but definitely the Pool games. If I'm not mistaken, there was about 26-27K people at the last Qualifying match against Trinadad & Tobago.

t1tan5
09-23-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm all for the WC being in the US. It'll make traveling a lot easier for me.

Hookem Horns
09-23-2009, 06:02 PM
I would disagree because whenever I watch MLS games, the place definitely isn't sold out or anywhere near it

That's because it is the MLS. I wouldn't even go see the MLS. However I can see them trying to support the sport in those cities to get interest up.

Major cities with high latino populations would probably be no brainers. LA, NYC, Houston, Miami, etc.

SwissTitansFan
09-23-2009, 06:11 PM
As a big soccer (football) fan....Of course I'll sign the petition....

The World Cup is something huge...and Nashville can only profit of it....

Last year, when I was in Switzerland, they were the hosts of the Euro Cup...and it was an unbelievable experience....

Orca
09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
What's the World Cup? Does it have anything to do with football?

t1tan5
09-23-2009, 07:43 PM

No, which is why it's in the "If it ain't about football" forum.

Titanico
09-24-2009, 01:44 AM
The World Cup is unique. The atmosphere is quite electrifying.

If Nashville gets it, and for any reason Brazil, Argentina or Mexico play there...you will see what I'm talking about.

European fans, such as the Germans, Spanish, Portuguese and the English ones, bring some nice atmosphere as well. But they are not as fun as the ones mentioned above.

Titanico
09-24-2009, 01:45 AM

:huh

You are just teasing!

titanup23
09-24-2009, 07:22 PM
If Nashville gets it, and for any reason Brazil, Argentina or Mexico play there...you will see what I'm talking about.

You may not see the Argentines :crazy

Titanico
09-25-2009, 04:52 AM
You may not see the Argentines :crazy

:mad:

Isn't it spelled "ARGENTINIANS"?

titanup23
09-29-2009, 05:07 PM
:mad:

Isn't it spelled "ARGENTINIANS"?

Maybe?? I've always thought it was Argentines

Hookem Horns
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
The World Cup is unique. The atmosphere is quite electrifying.

European fans, such as the Germans, Spanish, Portuguese and the English ones, bring some nice atmosphere as well. But they are not as fun as the ones mentioned above.

¿Que dices? Los fanáticos españoles son muy divertidas.

http://goldinero.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/chica-playboy-espaqna.jpg

¡A por ellos... oe!

Predarat
09-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I heard those British people are hooligans, worse then Oakand Raiders fans.

Yvette
09-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Is she missing her belly button?

TitansFan23
09-29-2009, 10:53 PM

Looks like someone got carried away with the airbrush.

Hookem Horns
09-30-2009, 12:39 AM

LOL, yeah I noticed that after I posted it.