PDA

View Full Version : Which big city's teams do you hate most?

Sect309Fan
10-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Poll 2.0

Titanico
10-29-2009, 11:14 AM
I demand to see Texas on that poll.

Parddy
10-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Boston????? :slap

Titanico
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM

Ok...I'll be fine if Dallas is shown there.

Sect309Fan
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM

It's not a city. :lol

Parddy
10-29-2009, 11:30 AM
I notice they are all North of the Mason-Dixon 309. Where is Miami, Atlanta, Houston?????? Nice 309, real nice...lol

zonian
10-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I notice they are all North of the Mason-Dixon 309. Where is Miami, Atlanta, Houston?????? Nice 309, real nice...lol

He did list LA, which has nothing to do with the Mason-Dixon line, in all fairness. :slap

Sect309Fan
10-29-2009, 11:47 AM

I am just going by what ESPN put out there.

Actually, I did screw up. Chicago wasn't listed and Dallas was. Sorry about that.

Parddy
10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
He did list LA, which has nothing to do with the Mason-Dixon line, in all fairness. :slap

:lmao at Zonian... You can that again, L.A. is in a class all by itself..

don28
10-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Hating a whole city (sports-wise) is energy consuming on the hater. I might not like certain franchises or fanbases of franchises, but could not extend that hate to all of the people of the city or all of their sports teams.

I don't particularly care for the people who give the Eagles and Flyers fanbases a bad reputation, but I know that not all of those Philadelphia fans are like that. The Red Sox and Patriots have developed some not-so-nice members of their fanbases as well, but I wouldn't collectively lump them all together (especially since my wife is a New Englander. :lol )

The more winning a city's teams do, the more brazen that those fans get. As soon as they start losing, it's amazing how the bandwagons rapidly empty. Even in the bigger cities.

As a person born in the hated Tri-State area (NY-NJ-CT), I have had to fight that stereotype all of my life. Those of you that have met me know that although I still like the Yankees and Islanders, I'm not that obnoxious fan who makes you want to run for the exit 10 minutes after we meet.

I root and support my teams, but realize that there are other franchises out there. I whole-heartedly support a salary cap for Major League Baseball. It would be for the benefit of the entire league. The Yankees may not win as many championships, but the overall health of the league and all franchises would be for the best.

Sorry for creating a tangent on your poll, just wanted to present an alternative to unwarranted city-hate. You're now returned to your major city bashing....

Sect309Fan
10-29-2009, 01:41 PM
I hate New York the most, even though I like the Giants. I just really hate the Yankees, Mets, and Jets.

Boston is probably #2, with the Patriots and Red Sox, though I don't mind the Celtics.

LA would be #3, though I hate almost every college and pro sports team from California (except Stanford). :p

NYTitan21
10-29-2009, 05:44 PM
lol i almost picked NY being i hate every team here except for the Yankees...

but i went with boston. the pats and red sox piss me OFF

Serge
10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
I hate everything sports about NY especially the yankers. The Giants are the closest thing to a team I can stand, only because they play the cowpatties I like rooting for them.

pookha
10-29-2009, 09:29 PM
as a mets fan i wouldnt mind if a blimp fell on both the yankees and phillies..

Titansfan777
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Haha mets fan. How bout them phills

pookha
10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
^sends small blimp toward a certain direction..
:p

or a water balloon..

Titansfan777
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
^sends small blimp toward a certain direction..
:p

or a water balloon..

This isn't new York/new jersey water is it?!?!?! Ewz

TTP77
10-30-2009, 08:48 AM
i voted boston

Parddy
10-30-2009, 11:54 AM
i voted boston

What a shocker.

TTP77
10-30-2009, 12:02 PM
What a shocker.

I wondered when you were going to weigh in :lol

zonian
10-30-2009, 01:47 PM
i voted boston

Its all New York to me... :lmao

JCBRAVE
10-30-2009, 02:59 PM
I love to hate the Cowboys, and I also enjoy watching the Raiders embarrass themselves regularly.

Titan723
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I voted Chicago. Blame that one on Cub fans.

MDK Titan
10-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Boston

douchebags galore!

Titanico
10-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Boston

douchebags galore!

The Bruins included? :huh

MDK Titan
11-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't follow them or know they exist, its mainly the Celtics and Patriots for me

TitansGiantsBears
11-01-2009, 12:45 AM
As a fan of all New York sports teams, I voted Boston. I'd sell the city back to the British if I had my way. :D

TRUTitan
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
If Dallas was on the list I would have voted Dallas x 50. I hate the Cowgirls, the Mavs, the Rangers, the Stars (I don't even watch hockey) and anything having to do with the city. It's the city, the franchises, the fans, the traffic I must endure trying to pass through.... Everything. But I voted Boston because extreme hatred for the the Patriots.

Livid13
11-01-2009, 10:05 AM

Surely you're referring to Dallas and not HOUSTON ?:p

FearKVB93
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I absolutely cannot stand any team from the Boston or NY area. I can't choose one because I hate both so much.

Orca
11-02-2009, 04:51 PM
None of the above.
Any place in Texas qualifies for me.

Titanico
11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Surely you're referring to Dallas and not HOUSTON ?:p

hehe!!

MillaKilla8
11-02-2009, 11:04 PM
gotta go with boston..
i like the dodgers and i like the knicks

GoPats
11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
This is a really interesting topic for a Boston fan!

It's so funny... 10 years ago, I don't think there was a sorrier creature on the planet than the Boston Sports Fan. No one hated us really. Aside from those good years with the Celtics in the 80s, we sort of embodied the tortured sports fan. If anything, we were pitied, not detested.

Remember the Patriots' first Super Bowl? On the heels of 9/11, the Pats come out of the tunnel as a team, refusing individual intros, against a seemingly unbeatable foe. That seemed to resonate with the entire country and I feel like in those early years the Patriots had a lot of fans around the country.

Or the Sox in 2003, with Grady Little and Pedro and yet another soul-crushing loss to the Yankees? Who could watch all that transpire and not feel a shred of pity?

Younger generations of Boston fans, and those who have jumped on the bandwagons after our teams started winning, can be obnoxious for sure. They weren't around for that '03 ALCS or the early 90s Patriots (1-15, 2-14) or Bill Buckner or Bucky Bleepin' Dent. But for those of us who went through the previous failures and disappointments, we try to keep a healthy perspective on things.

I remember being a kid and kind of hating Joe Montana and the 49ers... not because I actually hated them, but because they were good. Now when I look back, I realize it was just sort of the manifestation of a lot of sports fan envy. So I try to wear the Hated Boston Fan thing as a badge of honor of some kind, knowing that it's never anything personal, and that it's the price a fanbase pays for prolonged success.

Cheers all, here's to you! :toast

Sect309Fan
11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
So I try to wear the Hated Boston Fan thing as a badge of honor of some kind, knowing that it's never anything personal, and that it's the price a fanbase pays for prolonged success.

That's my feeling. I was cheering so hard for the Patriots in 2001 and the Red Sox in 2004. I was so happy that Boston finally had some winners.

Then they kept winning, plus ESPN and the networks kept showing them over and over again. :p That is what soured me. It really is nothing personal about the city (though I have nothing really bad to say about the city of New York either). It is just success breeds contempt (not to mention that the Pats have caused some pain to the Titans in 2003 and 2006).

MDK Titan
11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
This is a really interesting topic for a Boston fan!

It's so funny... 10 years ago, I don't think there was a sorrier creature on the planet than the Boston Sports Fan. No one hated us really. Aside from those good years with the Celtics in the 80s, we sort of embodied the tortured sports fan. If anything, we were pitied, not detested.

Remember the Patriots' first Super Bowl? On the heels of 9/11, the Pats come out of the tunnel as a team, refusing individual intros, against a seemingly unbeatable foe. That seemed to resonate with the entire country and I feel like in those early years the Patriots had a lot of fans around the country.

Or the Sox in 2003, with Grady Little and Pedro and yet another soul-crushing loss to the Yankees? Who could watch all that transpire and not feel a shred of pity?

Younger generations of Boston fans, and those who have jumped on the bandwagons after our teams started winning, can be obnoxious for sure. They weren't around for that '03 ALCS or the early 90s Patriots (1-15, 2-14) or Bill Buckner or Bucky Bleepin' Dent. But for those of us who went through the previous failures and disappointments, we try to keep a healthy perspective on things.

I remember being a kid and kind of hating Joe Montana and the 49ers... not because I actually hated them, but because they were good. Now when I look back, I realize it was just sort of the manifestation of a lot of sports fan envy. So I try to wear the Hated Boston Fan thing as a badge of honor of some kind, knowing that it's never anything personal, and that it's the price a fanbase pays for prolonged success.

Cheers all, here's to you! :toast
Funny how fast things change huh? Iíll admit I was pulling for the Patsies against the Rams in that Super Bowl and even for the Sox in 04. I bought into the whole patriotic angle though most of my rooting against the Rams was because I was still bitter about our Super Bowl against them. Belichick, Brady, and the Pats were the model of what a football team is supposed to look like and were starting to look like the new Americaís team. But as the Pats won more super bowls and with the egos inflating and the aftermath of the tapes, any admiration I had for the team quickly diminished.

Titanico
11-04-2009, 11:42 AM

That could be the case for some opposing fans, but not in general.

No offense to you, or any New England fan, but some of us Titans' fans do not like the Patriots a bit.

1. For what Brady said "We're not going to play down to their level" that was referred to the Titans.

2. Bilichick unfortunate quotes or arrogant personality.

3. The videogate case.

4. 59-0

It's like Payton Manning, he has had his share of unfortunate quotes "At least we're not a 5-11 team" That was back in 2005. And then all the arm flopping, and the arrogant attitude he had for years.

I do like Montana and I consider him the best QB from all times that I had the luck to watch through many games. He was never cocky or said unfortunate things, he was a class act as far as I remember. Those 49's team had strong personalities in guys such as Ronnie Lott, (who I consider one of the best if not the best DB that this game has seen) but he spoke strongly on the field.

Jones31
11-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I got a term for all of that....

Embrace the Hate!

Even though spygate didn't effect the Titans directly, and hell getting a mudhole stomped in them you can't blame NE for not running it up. Hell the players and coaches sure didn't

Toronto
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Spoil it for the rest of NYC.

Maybe its the fact that they play in a league that allows them to have a payroll that dwarfs any other, or the spineless commissioner that shut down the league and World Series to break a union, but allowed a literal monopoly on high priced talent to remain by not implementing a salary cap.

Maybe its the fact that Yankee stadium was half empty when Winfield, Guidry and Mattingly played on their average teams in the 90s. I never saw "Got rings" t-shirts, or every average human being wearing their garb. So my problem isn't with Billy Crystal, who showed up there as a kid and has every lineup since 1950 memorized, its with Kate Hudson.

My beef isn't with Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada or any other Yank that is homegrown. Its with Sabathia, Burnett, Damon, Teixeira, and ARod, who have helped ensure that the sport doesn't give more than half the league any chance at all at success longterm.

Its with the 10,000 fans that show up at the Rogers Center and make Jay fans feel hopeless. The Twins or Angels don't have to face those guys 19 times a year like the Jays, but yeah its a fair fight.

I love baseball but the Yanks and Bud Selig have made it awful tempting to run away.

Titansfan777
11-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I was never a big fan of the patriots, just ty law and brady.

ZachLV27
11-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Spoil it for the rest of NYC.

Maybe its the fact that they play in a league that allows them to have a payroll that dwarfs any other, or the spineless commissioner that shut down the league and World Series to break a union, but allowed a literal monopoly on high priced talent to remain by not implementing a salary cap.

Maybe its the fact that Yankee stadium was half empty when Winfield, Guidry and Mattingly played on their average teams in the 90s. I never saw "Got rings" t-shirts, or every average human being wearing their garb. So my problem isn't with Billy Crystal, who showed up there as a kid and has every lineup since 1950 memorized, its with Kate Hudson.

My beef isn't with Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada or any other Yank that is homegrown. Its with Sabathia, Burnett, Damon, Teixeira, and ARod, who have helped ensure that the sport doesn't give more than half the league any chance at all at success longterm.

Its with the 10,000 fans that show up at the Rogers Center and make Jay fans feel hopeless. The Twins or Angels don't have to face those guys 19 times a year like the Jays, but yeah its a fair fight.

I love baseball but the Yanks and Bud Selig have made it awful tempting to run away.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. The one thing I will say for Yankees fans is that the one game I went to in old Yankees Stadium was enjoyable. The game itself was a real good one which was nice, but what I'll remember is that all the fans near me were knowledgeable and were actually quite friendly. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was expecting the fans that we've all come to hate (most of us at least), but I guess the vocal minority that act like that weren't in my section.

Titan723
11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you said here. The one thing I will say for Yankees fans is that the one game I went to in old Yankees Stadium was enjoyable. The game itself was a real good one which was nice, but what I'll remember is that all the fans near me were knowledgeable and were actually quite friendly. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was expecting the fans that we've all come to hate (most of us at least), but I guess the vocal minority that act like that weren't in my section.

Ditto. I went up there in 08 to watch the Yanks and the Reds. I was expecting hell being a Reds fan (especially after the Reds took the lead). It was a complete opposite. Because of that I do not hate the Yankees as much as I did going in. I will never cheer for them though.