PDA

View Full Version : Healthcare and professional sport teams/athletes...

SwissTitansFan
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Without gettin' into politics...I was wondering, what impact will "Obamacare" have on sport teams and athletes...

Will they get priority/preference for MRI's? etc?...Will there be exemptions...???

I'm just curious...

Sect309Fan
03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I really doubt it has any effect at all. The new healthcare bill mainly increases the number of insured Americans (a good thing).

The new CBA will have a whole lot more effect on players' healthcare than anything the government does.

SwissTitansFan
03-26-2010, 02:12 PM
I really doubt it has any effect at all. The new healthcare bill mainly increases the number of insured Americans (a good thing).

The new CBA will have a whole lot more effect on players' healthcare than anything the government does.

If there's no effect at all...then I guess, everyone will receive the same treatment and quality of treatment, 'cause we all pay the same....In other words...if 20 people are scheduled for MRI on Monday morning....our players have to wait in line to get it....just like everyone else....right...????

Sect309Fan
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Why would you think that? :huh

I just don't see any difference with how healthcare will be distributed in the future than it is now. This new reform is all about getting more Americans insured through incentives and through penalties. After that, doctors and hospitals should work the same way they always have.

So if a player gets an MRI the day after an injury now, I don't see why that won't continue.

Sect309Fan
03-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Even in a country like Canada, professional athletes get quick MRI results.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/03/22/michalek_injury/

The Ottawa Senators hope to have results from an MRI on Milan Michalek's left leg by Tuesday morning, according to general manager Bryan Murray.

Michalek returned to Ottawa for an MRI on Monday to determine the extend of his injury.

TTP77
03-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I agree with 309. The new CBA well SHOULD have a bigger impact at least on current players. What happens with older guys may fall under the new health care plan.