PDA

View Full Version : the 2010 Finals MVP is FOR SURE kobe...

Rolltide14TOMB
06-18-2010, 03:33 PM
BUT why?

because he scored the most points, while of course taking the most shots

The games that won him mvp of the series (besides his name) were those 29 shot 35+ point games he had in Laker losses. However ironically ron artest and gasol had poor games in the laker losses. But in the 4 laker wins artest and gasol were dominating (artest moreso in the point column in the 7th game)
Kobe played awful last night and he was given so many easy points via the free throw line i dont think he even earned a legit 20 points if not for those free throws. On the biggest stage Kobe choked, BUT he got bailed out by the TRUE mvp's of this series gasol and artest.

If artest and gasol didnt play great and the lakers lost last night, kobe would be getting reemed, but "winning cures all". Needless to say i despise Kobe Bryant and personally think LeBron is a better player even without the rings. We saw how kobe handled those celtic double teams in ONLY the first half. Pathetically. LeBron faces those EVERY SINGLE night and puts up the same, if not better numbers than kobe does playing 1 on 1. Lebron is a better passer, shot blocker, driver of the ball, rebounder. Kobe is a better 3pt shooter, free throw shooter, and luckier. And by luckier he has had (in order of importance) 1. Phil Jackson 2. Shaquille O'Neil 3. Pau Gasol 4. Derek Fisher Lebron has had (in order of importance) 1. Mo Williams 2. a 65 year old Shaquille O'Neil (not that he was important but yes i realize Lebron also had Shaq.) 3. Mike Brown compared to phil jackson is like Mike Shula to Nick Saban

but hell anyway you slice it, the Black Mamba has five rings...but i still dont like him. I usually always like superstars but not him. I really enjoyed Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, Wallace, and the entire Celtic team in these finals. They were clearly out-manned but i would say they out fought the lakers. But in a 7 game series talent beats playing hard 8/10 times. In '08 the Celtics were 2 years younger and had 6,7 in their place

But oh well bball is over and its time for the dreaded wait between the NBA and college/NFL...and unless tiger makes and appearance at some point at a major this year it will be an even WORSE downtime in sports than normal

Rolltide14TOMB
06-18-2010, 03:35 PM
how could i forget..i also enjoyed doc rivers in this series. If that celtic team was younger and would be together for 5-10 more years....man they would be a fun group to watch.

ZachLV27
06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Gasol was MVP based on stats.

Kobe was MVP based on his impact in the games. The double teams and triple teams gave everyone else some really good looks.

Artest wasn't even close to MVP. In fact he had a lot to do with the the troubles the Lakers had in this series. He was definitely the MVP of game 7 though.

Rolltide14TOMB
06-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Artest wasn't even close to MVP. In fact he had a lot to do with the the troubles the Lakers had in this series
he played pierce pretty good outside of boston, which was all the lakers needed in this series. however i agree that doesnt win you MVP of the series and gasol was much closer than him.

TitansJonne
06-18-2010, 08:29 PM
The MVP goes to Ray Allen. After game 2 he has been useless, and in game 7, those shots he missed were costly. He makes a layup or a jumper instead of bricking those 3s then were talking about the celtics. When he was on the court without pierce and kg, the cs had no offense. I love allen and hes is still my favorite shooter ever, but after game 2 he has been crap and its been back to the big 3 pierce kg and rondo.