PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2010-2011 Season Thread

TRUTitan
10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Season kicks off tonight! Heat VS Celtics, Suns VS Trailblazers; Rockets VS Lakers.

Alot of story lines going into this season. What do ya'll think?

ZachLV27
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Lakers win it all again!

TitansJonne
10-26-2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.reclinergm.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/andre_iguodala.jpeg

SIXERS BABY!!!

ZachLV27
10-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Heat lose

Lakers win

Season is off to a great start.

TitansJonne
10-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Stupid Rocket would have made this night perfect if they didn't choke. lol

TRUTitan
10-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Tonight the Magic square off with the Heat in Miami. Orlando is coming off dominate performance last night against the Wizards. Both teams have bad blood for each other and have swapped hateful comments all around.

Titanico
10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Go Lakers!!

Titans and Turtles
11-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow, what happened!?

I mean, the Heat lost the opening game, so we all knew that meant they' lose all 82 and be the worst team of all time, like most of you hope for.

Well, something funny happened on the way to the cellar.

Wade threw off the Rust, the Heat have proven themselves already one of the best DEFENSIVE teams in the league, and their prowess on offense will only improve with time and familiarity.

I'm sorry haters, but the Heat are not going to fizzle and bust. They will gel, they will excel, and they will be hoisting championship hardware at the end of the playoffs.

ZachLV27
11-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Put down the bottle...

Titans and Turtles
11-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Put down the bottle...

I'm not one of the multitudes guzzling the hater-aide.

Parddy
11-05-2010, 10:06 AM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll19/ntstar55/Boston_Celtics_logo.png

Comar
11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
I had no idea that people actually watched NBA games. ;)

MDK Titan
11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
well its better than watching MLB games ;)

Comar
11-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Are you saying people actually watch those too?

MillaKilla8
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
The BLAZERS will win it all this year.

GO BLAZERS!

ZachLV27
11-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow, what happened!?

I mean, the Heat lost the opening game, so we all knew that meant they' lose all 82 and be the worst team of all time, like most of you hope for.

Well, something funny happened on the way to the cellar.

Wade threw off the Rust, the Heat have proven themselves already one of the best DEFENSIVE teams in the league, and their prowess on offense will only improve with time and familiarity.

I'm sorry haters, but the Heat are not going to fizzle and bust. They will gel, they will excel, and they will be hoisting championship hardware at the end of the playoffs.

When is the 3rd part of "The Big 3" actually going to show up?

If Miami doesn't get a big man then they aren't going to go anywhere come playoff time.

TRUTitan
11-12-2010, 10:12 AM
When is the 3rd part of "The Big 3" actually going to show up?

If Miami doesn't get a big man then they aren't going to go anywhere come playoff time.

That is the way it appears. A little disappointed with Bosh and the Heat as a whole.

ZachLV27
11-25-2010, 06:11 AM
I'm not one of the multitudes guzzling the hater-aide.

This "hater-aide" really hits the spot. Would you like some? I'll spike it with some alcohol so that you can handle watching the Heat play.

Now that I have gotten in some easy (deserved) shots I'll say that I think they'll turn it around. That is if they can learn to play 5 on 5 ball together and if they can get a real center (dragging Dampier's corpse onto the court doesn't count). Them not playing as a team is what is really killing them though. James and Wade are too used to being the guy with the ball in their hands making the plays and it really shows. Whichever one doesn't have the ball in their hands is doing a lot of standing around and watching.

ZachLV27
12-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Bynum is finally back and now the Lakers are almost up to full strength. We can now see how the season plays out from here on out.

It's not like the real season starts anytime soon anyways.

Oh also, apparently the Lakers found someone they could dump Sasha Vujacic's contract on (saves over $9m in salary and luxury tax cost that would have been paid). They had to add in a 1st round pick as well but that pick figures to be somewhere close to the 30th pick which means nothing. It's not like that player would have ever gotten any playing time on the Lakers anyways. The Lakers also get Joe Smith who, at this point in his career, is probably about as useful as a cardboard cutout of Bynum is but he can give the Lakers big men an extra 10 minutes of rest per game.

Titanico
12-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Lakers are doing good. They had won 5 games in a row. :thumbsup

Sect309Fan
02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
When wil the Cavs losing streak end? I just can't imagine losing 26 games in a row in any sport. To go from near the top with Lebron to dead last in the next season has to be so rough for their fans.

MDK Titan
02-11-2011, 07:20 PM
maybe they can hire Jerry Sloan to help end the streak

Sect309Fan
02-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I figured they had a good shot last night, playing the Clippers at home, and they finally broke the streak with an OT win. Good job!

26 losses matched the Tampa Bay Bucs for longest losing streak in the major professional sports.

TitansJonne
02-12-2011, 12:04 PM
My sixers just beat the SPurs. Not even the LAkers have done that yet :)

Sect309Fan
02-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Cavs pull off the biggest upset of the season, beating the Lakers last night at home. :thumbsup

This is a team that lost by 55 to them in LA. Cavs have now won 2 of their last 3.

ZachLV27
02-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Cavs pull off the biggest upset of the season, beating the Lakers last night at home. :thumbsup

This is a team that lost by 55 to them in LA. Cavs have now won 2 of their last 3.

Apparently there is some huge scandal involving the Lakers (or a player on the team) that is going to break within the next few days. I want to know what it is but I don't want to know at the same time. I don't watch the NBA nearly as much as I used to but I often watch the Lakers whenever they are televised. I have been a diehard fan of theirs since the last 80's.

Outside of whatever this scandal is or could be this team needs a shakeup. Ron Artest is worthless at this point in his career. Why he still starts and why anyone passes him the ball (if he gets the ball he shoots it) is beyond me. Gasol is a great center and his height is a big factor (when combined with Bynum's and Odom's height) in their success over the last few seasons, but he is non-existant on defense. There was talk of a Bynum for Melo trade a few weeks ago, but I'd actually prefer a Gasol for Melo trade. Neither plays defense but Melo is a better scorer and one who can create scoring opportunities on his own. He'd also help make it so Kobe could be more of a facilitator instead of being the key go to guy. Kobe is still damn good but his body is getting old and if he could take some of the weight off of his shoulders and let Melo take some of it then it would be great.

I doubt a trade for Melo will happen thouygh. We just don't have the young guys and draft picks that Denver is looking for. Either of the proposed trades would also leave our front court with absolutely no depth.

I don't know who else is out there that the Lakers could get or who on the Lakers (outside of Bynum, Gasol, and Kobe) that other teams would want. Picking up a Chauncey Billups at PG wouldn't be a bad idea. Pryzbylla and Jamison both look available and they could be good pickups to help the front court but what do the Lakers have to trade for him. Andre Miller wouldn't be a bad pickup for PG.

MDK Titan
02-19-2011, 11:26 AM
I believe that scandal has something to do with Kobe and another lady having his baby. I read it somewhere but I forget where

ZachLV27
02-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I think Blake Griffin just blew up twitter with his first dunk in the slam dunk contest.

ZachLV27
02-19-2011, 11:09 PM
The slam dunk contest is boring most of the time. Not this year though. The NBA put 4 guys out there that put on a show.

However, we have just seen why the Clippers have been such a horrible franchise. Two or three of the dunks Griffin did should have been banned in his contract lol.

Toronto
02-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Well the Melo drama is over - he did a solid job screwing over the Nuggets.