PDA

View Full Version : I was just BamBoozled.

Aaron3322
12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
So...I'm sitting here at work, a small home suppy outlet, and a nice looking lady in scrubs and supposedly working at a home care center comes up to me asking if we knew of anywhere to help her out with some money.

She was out of gas and she had to get back to Liberty, her home town about 30-45 minutes away. She said she had tried all the churches around here and they only help out with clothes or food.

So, without knowing of anywhere that could help her out I asked her how much she was needing. She said only enough for about 4 gallons. So I said i'd glady help her out and gave her a 20 and said if she could just come back here Tuesday and she could repay me.

I then got on Facebook talking about it and come to find out the same thing happened to one of my friends just earlier this week. Same lady. Same scrubs. Same nametag. Same teary eyes. lol

So, I just bought some good Karma for 20 bucks. haha

Feel free to share any stories you have of getting hustled. I still can't believe the sincere look on that sweet ladys face. No way in my right mind would I have thought I was being hustled. lol

TitansFan23
12-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Unfortunately, that happens all too often.

I had a lady approach me over the summer in the parking lot of Wal-Mart asking for money for gas, but I don't carry cash, so I couldn't help her out.

She had the hood up on her car, and I remember wondering why she would need to have the hood raised if she was simply out of gas.

The bad part is the swindlers make it difficult for the people out there that really need help.

There are a few gas stations around Nashville where people run scams. It seems there are a lot of pregnant women running around Nashville who are out of gas and need a few bucks.

Aaron3322
12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Ive seen plenty of it up in college station. Atleast 3 or 4 times during the one year i lived there. They know how to work them aggies. But none were as convincing as this lady. O well. Lol

And your right. It does ruin it for the people that actually need help.

MusicCityMullet
12-17-2010, 06:16 PM
theres this lady in a big red jacket thats been hanging out recently near my local kroger begging for change. she has this annoying loudass bell she jingles when you pass her...shes even so forward as to put up a pot with all her stealings right in front for everyone to see. its so annoying. i think ill call them and turn her lazy butt in.

TitansFan23
12-17-2010, 06:17 PM
theres this lady in a big red jacket thats been hanging out recently near my local kroger begging for change. she has this annoying loudass bell she jingles when you pass her...shes even so forward as to put up a pot with all her stealings right in front for everyone to see. its so annoying. i think ill call them and turn her lazy butt in.

You ain't right. :lol

Titans and Turtles
12-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Bamboozled?

Were you also hoodwinked? You been took? You been had? Led astray? Run amok?

I think this man can help:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/malcolmxmovie1.JPG

Hammr
12-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I love the "I need gas money" beg. I see it all the time. Had a man begging for cash said he was on his way back home after taking a week end trip and he needed gas money to get his kids home. Shoulda seen the look on his face when I told him he shouldn't have left home without enough money to get back. Oh and then there was these 2 girls who were banging on my trk at 1:30 am, said they were at the bar and needed gas money to get home. If you guessed I was a bit less than polite with these two young ladies you would be correct. If you're gonna be a begger then just beg, don't come up with some BS and try being some slick con man

Orca
12-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Last time this happened to me I refused and was roundly cursed as a result. Vagrancy laws etc should be enforced.

Old Oilers Fan
12-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Some girl done this to me at our local Kroger's saying that she was going to a town that was not so far away? I told her that I only had a debit card but if she follow me to the gas pumps I will put $5.00 worth of gas in her car? So she did and thank me.

Face
12-19-2010, 08:08 PM
I got married.... we should have won 3 superbowls already from that alone

Maximus
12-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Learned my lesson on this one a long time ago. I tell them, "I'm willing to buy them some gas, or if they claim they're hungry I'll buy them something to eat, But I WILL NOT just give them money.

Amazing how quickly they change their song & dance.

pookha
12-19-2010, 09:48 PM
there used to be guy who waited outside farmers market with a tale of his car being broke down ect..

except after awhile people would warn others as he worked his scam.

12-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Just some info.... the folks you see selling the news papers around town for a buck are legit. They buy them at cost and get to keep the profits. I dont think they can sell them for more than a dollar. Some people have actually been able to get off the streets by selling these papers.

I try to buy 3 or four a week even though they are all the same addition. If you buy one it will tell you what the organization is about and how much good it does.

Predarat
12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I actually had one honest guy ask me for $1 and tell me he was going to use it for booze, so I gave him $2.

Titanico
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Bah! We always have to pay this tax called "Vehicle Tax"...averagly we pay $250.00 American dlls, yearly...only to get streets full of holes.

I never thought that holes in the street were so expensive! :blink

MusicCityMullet
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I actually had one honest guy ask me for $1 and tell me he was going to use it for booze, so I gave him $2.

you always see those pics on the intraweb of honest bums...they are out there. i took this pic last time i was in san fran

http://168.144.136.42/sanfranbum.jpg

ohh and the guy behind him on the phone was yelling obscenities into his phone at a very uncomfortable rate and volume. good ol frisco

12-20-2010, 10:38 PM
you always see those pics on the intraweb of honest bums...they are out there. i took this pic last time i was in san fran

http://168.144.136.42/sanfranbum.jpg

ohh and the guy behind him on the phone was yelling obscenities into his phone at a very uncomfortable rate and volume. good ol frisco

Yea... but maybe its time to come up with some originality. I've seen 3 bums in 3 different cities with the same sign.

I did see a sign at one of the interstate exits that said...
Homeless hungry and pregnent and it was a dude and he was holding the sign upside down.

One time when we were building one of the additions to Babtist Hospital, I stopped at a little market on church street and got a tall boy for the way home. It was in the middle of summer and I had the top popped as soon as I walked out the door. There was a homeless dude rightoutside the door and as soon as I swallowed that 1st big swig he asked me if he "could have a pull off it". I will never forget that. I just gave him my tall boy and went in and got another one.

12-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Bah! We always have to pay this tax called "Vehicle Tax"...averagly we pay $250.00 American dlls, yearly...only to get streets full of holes.

I never thought that holes in the street were so expensive! :blink

What The Hell ???? :)

Hammr
12-21-2010, 06:56 PM
glad I live in TN, here the pot holes are free.