PDA

View Full Version : Name your Top 5 Sports Movies

SouthSide Titan
09-19-2011, 10:42 AM
I not only love sports,I love movies about sports. Over the years their have been some great movies and I would like to hear what are some of your personal favorites are. You can name more than 5 if you want but I narrowed mine down to 5.

1.Glory Road-MY All-Time Favorite.... Not only was it a true story,but it showed a coach that was willing to go against the normal mindset of coaching at that time and put the best players on the court regardless of color or what everyone else thought.

2.Any Given Sunday-Oliver Stone is one of my favorite directors and the movie has a great cast and gives what I think is a accurate view of life in the NFL.

3.Soul of The Game- This movies was based on the 3 central players( Satchel Page,Josh Gibson,Jackie Robinson) who made the Major Legue take notice to great players from the Negro Leagues and allow black players into the Majors.

4.Remember The Titans- Another true story that shows how a great coach can bring the best out of his players no matter what is going on in the public or the lockeroom.

5.The Program,Rudy-Two great movies. I could'nt decide which one I liked the most.My favorite part in Rudy was while at Practice, Rudy knocked the QB down and the QB caught feelings :lol

Well there's my 5 what's yours Family?

Sect309Fan
09-19-2011, 11:25 AM
1. The Natural - I just love this movie. It has terrific actors and a compelling story of loss and redemption. The home run in the lights at the end is classic.

2. The Naked Gun - not a sports movie directly, but it has the funniest sports sequence ever. :lol

3. Major League - What a great cast of characters in this film. The interaction between them all and the love story with Tom and Renea was wonderful.

4. Necessary Roughness - I have to pick this over The Replacements because Scott Bakula and Sinbad were really good in this film (and Kathy Ireland never hurts ;) )

5. Rocky 4 - "I will break you" :) I like this the most of all the Rocky movies. I can watch the training montage in Russia over and over again.

Toronto
09-19-2011, 11:29 AM
1) Field of Dreams - only sports flick to bring me close to tears
2) Bull Durham - awesome baseball movie with best comedic moments
3) Caddyshack - 2nd funniest sports flick to me
4) Bang the Drum Slowly - wonderful underrated flick - another sad one
5) Major League - any scene with Lou rules.

I find it just unbearable to not give 5a) to Hoosiers. Awesome story and movie.

SouthSide Titan
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
5. Rocky 4 - "I will break you" I like this the most of all the Rocky movies. I can watch the training montage in Russia over and over again.

That's my favorite scene too. The Natural is another favorite of mine. Knock the cover off the ball Roy"

SouthSide Titan
09-19-2011, 11:51 AM
I could have very easily listed 10 or 20 LOL. There were so many good movies.

Predarat
09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
1. Rocky (most of the series, not so much 5)
2. The Natural
3. Hoosiers
4. The Longest Yard (original NOT sandler, though the sandler version isn't bad)
5. Miricle

DelawareTitans
09-19-2011, 03:45 PM
1. Caddyshack - nuff said.
2. Remember the Titans - feel good movie and great performance by Denzel
3. Field of Dreams - I almost cry everytime Coster sees his father at the end.
4. Bull Durham - the part where Nuke beans the mascot is hiilarious
5. Eight Men Out - good story about the Black Sox scandal.

Titansfan777
09-26-2011, 02:14 PM
1-Any Given Sunday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFft6r6Des
2-Remember the Titans - My Friend was their QB (TC Williams High School in Alexandria, VA) from 2007-2009 before going to play at 'Bama.
3-Ali - very good film on the tensions at the time.
4-Run Ricky Run/The Fab 5 - Both awesome films...as all the 30 for 30 are in general.
5-Jerry McGuire - amazed it wasnt mentioned.

Parddy
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
1) Rudy

2) Bad news Bears

3) The Natural

4) Hoosiers

5) North Dallas forty/ We are Marshall