PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Maximus
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
My spelling is absolutely going to the dogs as I get older! When I was in my early 20's my spelling & overall diction was excellent. Now, I am constantly catching myself with spelling errors, or incorrect usage of words (spell-check won't catch those lol), or putting threads in the wrong forum such as this one.....sorry mods, you can move if you like.

Man, this getting older business is for the birds.......

Sect309Fan
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Instant messaging sure isn't helping. We have a nice system at my work that makes it easy to contact coworkers without clogging up email, but I sent an atrocious message today filled with spelling errors. (and don't get me started on texting...)

I am the type of guy that will edit my own post here if I see a spelling or grammar error. Thank goodness for Chrome's spellchecker. :)

The one word that I post a lot that I constantly misspell is "guarantee". I keep wanting to spell it "guarentee".

Titanico
05-02-2012, 02:32 AM
I had found many people uses wrong the "your"

like in "your a doctor" while the correct way to write (type) it is "you are a doctor" or "you're a doctor"

your family, your tickets, your house. Since that is used to indicate pertenence.

Wonder why many people makes that constant mistake?

MrBean
05-02-2012, 04:35 AM
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Possibly NSFW