PDA

View Full Version : XXX Olympic Games - London

Titanico
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Female's Soccer yesterday and today's men Soccer activity, officially started the Olympics, which are taking place at London.

The Comittee had issues to complete the security guard group, and the military take over to take a hold about security deserved.

IF I didn't listen wrongly, the Opening will take place tomorrow at 2:30 pm (CST)

Here, hoping to see good competitions, and Mexico getting more than 3 medals in total. :p

Titanico
07-28-2012, 01:26 AM
The U.S.A. had the most competitors going to the joust. Mexico has 104 competitors as a whole. Here there are high hopes in Tae-Kwon-Do, Female single diving, Men Single Diving, Soccer, Female and Male weight-lifting, Arch (Single an Team) competitions.

Hammr
07-29-2012, 06:23 PM
saw our team as they entered and could help thinking that the uniforms theose poor atheletes were forced to wear looked like some hidious mockery of a french 2 star hotel house keeping staff. Whoever thought that those uni's looked good or even represented anything American needs to be fired.

Sect309Fan
07-30-2012, 07:41 AM
The Michael Phelps era certainly looks over. I think yesterday in the team relay was his best chance for gold, and they came in second. He might medal in some of his competitions, but I doubt he gets even a single gold.

It is amazing what you will watch when the Olympics are on. I spent at least two hours yesterday watching the women's road cycling race. ;) I watched some of the men's basketball game against France, and saw some of the ping pong as well. This morning, I was watching Roddrick play tennis.

Apparently, my work is being proactive against employees wasting time on the Olympics. They have blocked almost all Olympic web sites, even the sections of ESPN covering up. I can see all other sports, just not the Olympics. Oh well, that's what smart phones are for. ;)

Titanico
07-30-2012, 01:59 PM
I was with this face :huh loking at Phelps getting in 4th. And also when France won in those 4 X100 swimming styles competition.

Mexico won their first silver medal in synchronized male diving competition today.

Toronto
07-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Can't believe NBC is trying to pull the tape delay crap on the US viewer again. Its like the executive boardrooms at NBC forgot that people actually use the internet often.

ZachLV27
07-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Can't believe NBC is trying to pull the tape delay crap on the US viewer again. Its like the executive boardrooms at NBC forgot that people actually use the internet often.

Those people that use the internet can access the live feeds (if they have a cable subscription).

Those that don't have cable subscriptions can pay $5 (or $10 depending on who you use) for a month of an internet proxy server in another country (they can watch that countries live feed).

I don't have cable and I don't mind the tape delay. I've just made sure to avoid sites where people will spoil things for me.

Sect309Fan
07-31-2012, 05:32 AM

What else is NBC to do? Show all the Olympics when people are asleep or at work?

When the Olympics are on the other side of the world, there isn't any choice but to tape delay for prime time. And there are plenty of live events either through the internet or on the multitude of NBC channels during the day.

Titanico
07-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Mexico wins their 2nd silver medal in female sinchronised diving.

:)

By the way..i don't know about TV programming with you guys, but I heard since NBC is the owner of 51% of broadcasting rights, the most important events must take place at 3 pm (Central Time), since that's the one they consider prime time.

Titanico
08-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Silver and Bronze medals in female archery yesterday for Mexico. Both mexicans had to face each other in semi-finals, and in the final the competition was elbow to elbow with the Korean competitor...both went to the "gold medal" throw, both had 8, but the Korean was closer to the center.

In other news, in badmington...chinese, japanese and korean competitors were expelled from the joust, since they were playing to get defeated so they wouldn't were facing each other in early rounds. (what a bunch of......)

Titanico
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Mexico wins its 2nd bronze medal in single-female spring-board competition. That makes 5 medals in total so far.

The 100-dash competition qualifying matches started today. Who can beat Usain Bolt? ...hard to tell.

Sect309Fan
08-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Yesterday's soccer win for the USA over Canada was so amazing. That is classic American sports, to score a winning goal in the final moments of a game. :)

The sport I probably enjoyed the most so far has been tennis. Serena Williams won women's singles, Serena and Venus won doubles, the Stanford twins win men's doubles, and Andy Murray, the pride of Britain, finally beat Federer (and beat him soundly) for the men's gold. I have always loved Wimbledon, and having the Olympics there increased my enjoyment.

Titanico
08-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Mexico's Soccer team gets to play the final match, vs. Brazil or Korea...this may surprise many, but this is the first time in which the Mexican team will win a medal in SOCCER.
They beat the fast, difficult and so constant Japanese team, by 3-1.

Hadn't watched all competitions in their fullest, but has been great to see some of the athletism ones. Also by the 60 pound, female weight-lifting competition. Overall it has been a good Olympics, with great competitions, with some surprises and with some unexpected results, from many competitors around the globe.

I'm pulling for the U.S.A. to get the first overal place in medals obtained...but China has become a hard force to defeat.

Titanico
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Congrats to the female U.S.A. Soccer team for winning the gold medal against Japan.

Big dissapointment in watching Paula Espinoza, the mexican diver, finishing in 6th place...but what was worst was watching her obonxious attitude at interviews.

Usaim Bolt...is undefeatable. Period.

kytitansfan1
08-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Congrats to Mexico for their soccer gold medal over Brazil!

MusicCityMullet
08-12-2012, 01:50 PM
so really, our all star pro-basketball team pulls off a squeaker???

Titansfan777
08-12-2012, 08:57 PM
so really, our all star pro-basketball team pulls off a squeaker???

Without Howard, Rose, Wade, Griffin, and Bosh - 3 Bigs, they were exposed. If they were fully healthy, they blow out spain by 40 - even if spain had Rubio

hooktool
08-12-2012, 09:53 PM
The closing ceremony sucks...................

I mostly enjoyed the games, though, and I'm glad they cherry-picked and taped for the evening. :)

John

Titanico
08-14-2012, 01:10 PM
I enjoyed watching the basketball final between U.S.A. and Spain.

It was great to see how well the Mexican Soccer team played, controlled the ball.....and of course the first goal scored after 27 seconds after the game started, was unreal.

Brazil is where the next Soccer World Cup will be organized in 2014...there's no doubt in my mind that they look forward to have a match against the Mexican team in that competition...and they are also hosting the 2016 Olympic Games...so their hands are really full.

...meanwhile, they can enjoy their Silver Medal :lol :p