PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Buy Street Hockey Gear?

Conan Oh Brian
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
This is the ever fabulous Brian Maxwell but I felt the need to get a little creative for the new board.

Thanks to whoever is responsible for putting up the site and keeping the team alive. Thanks to JimOKC for letting me know where to find it. I have been dying to tell you guys that the wife and I are going to have our third child and found out Monday that it will be our third boy.

Now to the actual question. I will be heading to Canada in June to play street hockey on a Kevin Smith (Silent Bob from Clerks) sponsored team in the 2009 Walter Gretzky Street Hockey Tournament. I met him on his message board and we started playing NHL 09 on the XBOX. He is sponsoring three teams and I will be a proud member of the Monroeville Zombies. Where is the best place to get some gear at a reasonable price?

JimOkc
03-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I would figure that your local sporting goods store would be a good place to start.

You could also look to see what can be found via craigslist or ebay.

Good Luck. Have Fun!

JCBRAVE
03-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Just go to Minnesota on your way there. They love hockey up there.

Conan Oh Brian
03-27-2009, 02:06 PM
I would figure that your local sporting goods store would be a good place to start.

You could also look to see what can be found via craigslist or ebay.

Good Luck. Have Fun!

You would think so but it is harder than you think. I have heard there is a place near NES on Church street in downtown Nashville but the guy didn't know the name of the place.

Zephyr
03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Play-it-Again Sports(Cool Springs) has some good used gear. Pads, helmets

Jones31
03-27-2009, 02:13 PM
You would think so but it is harder than you think. I have heard there is a place near NES on Church street in downtown Nashville but the guy didn't know the name of the place.

The Hockey Stop. It's on George Davis Blvd.

NcTitans_fan
03-27-2009, 04:53 PM
DICKS...........sporting good that is

kytitansfan1
03-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Brian,

Good luck in the Great White North!

JimOkc
03-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Brian,

Good luck in the Great White North!

Don't you mean - Take off! You hoser. (And when you come back bring the Molson and backbacon.) :lol

Count Telecky
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
I have been dying to tell you guys that the wife and I are going to have our third child and found out Monday that it will be our third boy.

Now to the actual question. I will be heading to Canada in June to play street hockey on a Kevin Smith (Silent Bob from Clerks) sponsored team in the 2009 Walter Gretzky Street Hockey Tournament.

Congrats on the new baby. Hopefully my wife and I will have some good news soon.

I am just an average hockey fan and have never played but WOW...Kevin Smith???? That's awesome. Does he supply team uniforms? I could see it now...the whole team with those long trenchcoats and shorts!!!:bowdown

Conan Oh Brian
03-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Congrats on the new baby. Hopefully my wife and I will have some good news soon.

I am just an average hockey fan and have never played but WOW...Kevin Smith???? That's awesome. Does he supply team uniforms? I could see it now...the whole team with those long trenchcoats and shorts!!!:bowdown

Mr. Smith will be paying the registration fees for the three View Askew sponsored teams and is also providing us with jerseys. Smith's team is Puck University or PUCK U. I will play for the Monroeville Zombies. The other two teams are the Leonardo Reapers and the Vulgarians.

http://www.brantford.com/index.cfm?page=home&section=News&id=1094

he talks about it in his SModcast this week. It is on Itunes or you can get it at www.quickstopentertainment.com

We are also organizing activities for any spectators that come to support the VA teams. We are pretty much renting an entire hotel and as of now there will be a poker tournament room and a film festival room. Anyone in the area is more than welcome to come out and cheer. After all it is for charity.

don28
03-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Play It Again Sports has street hockey gear. Hockey stop as mentioned by Jones31 has a VERY limited selection of gear.