PDA

View Full Version : World Series 2012

Sect309Fan
10-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Last night was a very impressive night for Sandoval and the Giants. He became only the 4th batter to hit three homers in a single World Series game, joining Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson, and Albert Pujios. Even more amazing was that he hit his first two off of Verlander.

And to make it even more incredible, this park has been open 12 years. In that time, only one player has ever hit three homers in a single game there, and that happened by Kevin Ester in the very first game there. (Thanks, Jason Stark of ESPN for these cool stats)

It's hard to believe that Barry Bonds never hit three homers in a single game there.

I like the Giants all along in this series. It certainly isn't over by any means, but beating the Detroit ace while resting the Giants ace is a huge advantage. And congrats to Barry Zito for a masterful performance, plus an RBI.

I predict Giants in 6.

JimOkc
10-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Free Doritos Loco Tacos on the 30th. :)

Titansfan777
10-28-2012, 01:34 AM
I just don't know what happened to my Tigers...they became the ALCS Yankees during the world series

Sect309Fan
10-28-2012, 05:43 AM
This is going to be a sweep. I don't see the Tigers beating Cain tonight if they can't beat the other three starters.

We have seen some amazing postseason runs in both baseball and the NFL the past few years. What the Giants have done is right near the top, surviving the 6 straight elimination games, and then getting every bounce to go their way in the World Series. Looks like 2012 is the "Year of the Giants".

MDK Titan
10-28-2012, 03:24 PM
This has got to be the most anti climatic World Series ever. I feel like the Giants have been at batting practice this whole time.

Titanico
10-28-2012, 04:34 PM
yesterday I knew that Detroit isn't ready for a comeback, since they left those 3 runners on bases. (5th inning, if I'm do not remember wrong)

Sect309Fan
10-29-2012, 08:11 AM
This has got to be the most anti climatic World Series ever. I feel like the Giants have been at batting practice this whole time.

This series reminded me a lot of the 2004 series between the Red Sox and Cardinals. The Red Sox had their amazing comeback against the Yankees in the ALCS, while the Cards were down 3-2 in the NLCS against the Astros, but won out. Then the Red Sox swept the Cards in the WS. The playoffs this year were so exciting until the World Series (though those first two games were quite exciting).

The Giants had the pitching and the defense, and just enough clutch hits. Detroit had two big weaknesses going in, defense and bullpen, and both were exposed badly in this series. The surprising thing was that Detroit's starters and their hitters just weren't effective.

Congrats to the Giants for their 2nd win in 3 years. For all the talk that the AL is the better league, the NL has won this three in a row and four out of five.