PDA

View Full Version : Worst basketball season that I can remember

Sect309Fan
01-14-2013, 02:43 PM
I am usually a pretty big college basketball fan, but my teams are sucking on a grand scale.

Vandy is trying to rebuild with a completely new team, and while they almost beat Kentucky, they followed it with a horrible 56-33 loss to Arkansas. They already had a 50-33 to a pathetic Marist team earlier this season.

Vandy is 6-8, 0-2 in the conference. They are 334th in the country in scoring. :ohmy'

Usually I can depend on Austin Peay to help me if Vandy is bad. Not this year, where APSU is 5-13, 1-3 in the OVC. :(

If I get truly desperate, I sometimes cheer for UT. They are 8-6, 0-2 in the SEC.

My high school has had some great seasons, including making the state tournament last year. They are 4-13 this year. :doh

I am desperate for some good sports this winter. The Preds may be my only hope.

ZachLV27
01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
I've got UNLV sitting at 14-3 and Boise State (not a huge follower of their basketball team but I keep updated) at 13-2.

It's been a pretty fun season for me so far.

I'm thinking of going to see Boise State play New Mexico this Wednesday and then see them play UNLV Feb 2nd. Can usually get really cheap tickets to their basketball games unlike their football games.

Sect309Fan
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Vandy just keeps sticking daggers in their fans with another OT loss to a heavily favored opponent in Ole Miss. This one was brutal with Ole Miss hitting a desperation 35-foot three pointer at the end of regulation to tie the game. :(

Comar
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Didn't you hear? Vandy is a football school now. Can't have everything.

Sect309Fan
01-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Vandy finally gets an SEC win, a road win over SC. It was almost deja vu all over again, as a 10 point lead went down to 2 a couple of times late, but this time Vandy hit their free throws late to prevail by 7.

Sect309Fan
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
UT took a 12-0 lead, but Vandy had the ball down just 1 in the final 28 sec. Vandy drove for the basket and missed the contested layup. :(

I am glad that Vandy didn't get blown out as it was looking initially, but these close losses can be painful too.

Sect309Fan
02-14-2013, 10:48 AM
UT didn't back down last night. They took a double-digit lead and never gave it up.

UT may play ugly in many games, but their up-tempo, steal-the-ball mentality that they seem to have with whomever coaches that team drives Vandy crazy. Stallings seems to have a harder time playing UT than they do Kentucky.

Despite this being one of the worst Vandy teams in history, Stallings needs at least one more season to make up for it. There are a contingent of Vandy fans that want him fired, but I don't see any way Vandy gets rid of him yet.