PDA

View Full Version : Nashville - home to long-tenured coaches

Sect309Fan
02-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Barry Trotz is now the longest tenured head coach in the NHL. This is his 15th year in the league.

I was looking up other long-tenured coaches in Nashville. I think it is pretty interesting how many this city has/had.

Rick Bryd - Belmont basketball - 27th season
Kevin Stallings - Vandy basketball - 14th season
Scott Sanderson - Lipscomb basketball - 14th season
Melanie Balcomb - Vandy womens' basketball - 12th season
Jeff Fisher - Titans - lasted 16 seasons

Toronto
02-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Barry Trotz is now the longest tenured head coach in the NHL. This is his 15th year in the league.

I was looking up other long-tenured coaches in Nashville. I think it is pretty interesting how many this city has/had.

Rick Bryd - Belmont basketball - 27th season
Kevin Stallings - Vandy basketball - 14th season
Scott Sanderson - Lipscomb basketball - 14th season
Melanie Balcomb - Vandy womens' basketball - 12th season
Jeff Fisher - Titans - lasted 16 seasons

Some of the stats surrounding lindy ruff were oustanding in terms if number of coaches hired and fired since he began his tenure. That said, he should have been tossed a while ago and Regier will likely also ge tossed if they miss the playoffs again. The new owner Terry Pegula spent a fortune on players and Regier/Ruffs refusal to get outside the box, and way too often depend on a goalie (Hasek or Miller) to bail them out finally came crashing to earth, especially with Ryan Millers play much worse this season.

In many respects I feel Trotz has done a better job than Ruff. Worse market, less budget, tougher travel.