PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NCAA Tourney thread

Sect309Fan
03-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Belmont beat Murray in the OVC championship in OT to get the automatic bid. When Belmont joined the OVC, I wasn't sure if Belmont was good enough to win in a tougher league, but they were terrific this season.

MTSU suffered a loss in the semi-final round of the Sun Belt tournament. They have a top 30 RPI and a gaudy record (28-5). However, they really only have one good win (Ole Miss). Everyone else has an RPI of 100 or below. I really hope they make it, but they are squarely on the bubble right now.

The biggest surprise so far is Liberty, who finished 15-20. They are the Big South conference champions.

Florida Gulf-Coast lost to Belmont in the A-Sun championship game last season, and with them gone, won the tournament this year for their first NCAA appearance.

Harvard and Creighton are also both in for the 2nd year in a row.

hooktool
03-19-2013, 08:13 PM
My son is the director of the MTSU pep band. He's in Dayton, and they had to send half the band to the women's tournament. :)

I don't get to watch-still in Bogota, and the school,where I live during the week won't let me log on to my Slingbox. I'll listen on the radio, I think.

John

Sect309Fan
03-20-2013, 08:25 AM
It was disappointing to see MTSU lose last night. They have been a terrific regular season team these past two years, but they can't seem to click at tournament team.

The good news last night was Robert Morris beating Kentucky in the NIT. Kentucky ended up losing every road/neutral game since they lost Noel to injury. That coach for Robert Morris looks like a student. :kool-aid:

Sect309Fan
03-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I just have one bracket this year, and I did pretty well with 12 correct picks. I only have one sweet 16 pick gone, and most people are going to miss that one as well (I had Belmont beating both Arizona and New Mexico, while I lot of people had New Mexico there).

The Marquette come from behind win was reminiscent of Vandy's comeback against Pittsburgh 25 years ago. Goheen his 2 three pointers in the final 5 seconds to erase a 4 point deficit and force OT. Marquette hit three 3-pointers in the final minute, forced a turnover with 5 seconds left, and won on a layup.

Harvard had the biggest upset, beating New Mexico as a #14 seed. Missouri continued the this year's trend of SEC teams losing in the first round (glad I picked Colorado St).

My biggest worry after watching yesterday's games was Memphis. My homerism led me to picking them to go the elite 8, and I have serious doubts now they can play with Michigan State. I guess we will see.

kytitansfan1
03-22-2013, 08:22 AM
My bracket is still in good shape... much better than this time last year. New Mexico and UNLV are my losses. Two 12 seeds won but I don't see Ole Miss becoming the 3rd, continuing the one & done for the SEC.

Wrong again.

Titan723
03-22-2013, 08:20 PM
It was disappointing to see MTSU lose last night. They have been a terrific regular season team these past two years, but they can't seem to click at tournament team.

The good news last night was Robert Morris beating Kentucky in the NIT. Kentucky ended up losing every road/neutral game since they lost Noel to injury. That coach for Robert Morris looks like a student. :kool-aid:

Enjoy it this year, we are going to be loaded next year.

Lots of upsets in the tournament today. Be nice if WKU could end the day beating Kansas.

Jones31
03-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Sort all brackets for recycling...

Comar
03-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Come on football!

Sect309Fan
03-23-2013, 07:04 PM
After the first few games Friday, I was sitting pretty on ESPN's challenge around the 95th percentile. Now I am in the 26th percentile. :(

I still have 3 of my final 4 intact, but I have already lost 3 of my elite 8.

kytitansfan1
03-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Louisville!!!

MDK Titan
03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Kevin Ware :(

kytitansfan1
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Kevin Ware :(

Hard to watch live. Cannot watch replays. Wish him the best.

Yvette
03-31-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm so glad I blinked and missed it. And no way I'm tempted to watch a vid either. Best wishes to him and everyone else traumatized by it.

Titan723
04-01-2013, 08:25 AM
That was awful to see. Felt so bad for Kevin and his teammates. I knew it will was bad when Pitino wiped away tears. Here's to a speedy recovery.

kytitansfan1
04-06-2013, 08:48 PM
C'mon Cardinals just one more!

ZachLV27
04-07-2013, 12:48 AM
I was rooting for the Cardinals to win today, but I don't like how the last 10 minutes went down. The refs deciding to swallow their whistle after being quick to use it earlier in the game is annoying. I say that as someone who was drawn into college basketball as a kid thanks to the full court press that Kentucky (and Duke to a lesser extent) put on back in the 90's.

Sect309Fan
04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Good to see our neighbors to the north win the last two national championships. I like Louisville more than Kentucky, so I am happy they won it this year. I thought they were in big trouble when they fell behind by 12 early, but they rallied well.

I just had the one bracket on ESPN. Throughout the tourney, I was as high as 92% (about midway through the first Friday of games) to a low of about 28% (after the sweet 16). But by picking Louisville to win it all, I finished at 80%, despite getting only one right in the final four and two right in the Elite Eight.