PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Warrior, passed away

Titanico
04-09-2014, 01:05 PM
It was back in the 90's when I strted to watch WWF. Wrestlers such as Andre The Giant, Hulk Hogan, Ted Dibiasse, Rick Flair, Bret Hart... were some of the house-hold names for that company. The Undertaker was starting his career, with solid steps.

Wrestling for me is a sport-spectacle. The presentation and preparation of every character is not easy. There is not the same impact from young wrestlers, the old school left big shoes to fill for the recent generations of wrestlers. And all the preparation required is what gets my respect from them.

And there was one wrestler who made everything went to the next level...that was the Ultimate Warrior. His antics on the ring, his growl and electrifying entrance to the ring. His trademark make-up and stamina.

A warrior is any person that sees in everything challenges to conquer. Not issues to keep them down.

Born James Brian Hellwig (1959), left and raised the spirit of wrestling. His matches against any oponent left a long lasting memory, and his battles against Hulk Hogan were his peak. His fearless attitude in the ring, is something that most fans and people involved in wrestling will remember.

He left the WWF in 1991 after contract negociations with Vince McMahon. Hellwig was feeling underpaid and not receiving the percentage of royalties he thought he deserved. McMahon was forced to agree to pay $550k for Warrior's match at Summer Slam. After that event ended, McMahon decided to suspend Warrior, allegedly because McMahon felt that the Warrior was going too far with his demands. The Warrior then decided to leave the company, since he refused the suspension.

He was hired back in 1992. And he had issues on how the story-lines were written. He felt that his character was being mistreated and underrated again.

It was told that Warrior had steroid use issue in September and someone was able to successfully persuade McMahon, who was under federal scrutiny at the time for allegations of illegally supplying steroids to some of his wrestlers, to release Warrior from the company.

He returned in 1996, only to find himself involved in more confrontations and disrupts with McMahon.

Most of us, the fans, look at those stories as McMahon being unable to get rid of his overpower managing around the WWE, and misrespecting the fans, by taking things too serious, without caring as much for the fans themselves. Most of us agree that McMahon kicked his own business he so fiercely defends, by mistreating the Warrior in various ocassions. The employee (Warrior) became more powerful than the owner, in terms of sales, impact and importance. That's something McMahon or the McMahon family has never tolerated.

Neverless, The Ultimate Warrior's legacy and career was due to be inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame. And that happened this past weekend (April 5). Then he appeared again at the following RAW after Wrestlemania XXX. Next day surprisingly and sadly... he passed away, without official news on what happened to him, so far.

He was only 54 years old, and his wife and two kids survived him.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior...your legacy will endure for a long time.

http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=VNjseJAhBbgsOM&tbnid=L_J9cJiaLmvlcM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F1 383738-lex-luger-ultimate-warrior-5-wrestling-conspiracies-that-wont-go-away&ei=KYtFU_zeIurF2wXohYGAAQ&bvm=bv.64507335,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNGTOPsTy_q-kG9oyvd7gJ94C9Jz-g&ust=1397152925649041

Titan723
04-09-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm really glad he was able to make peace with wwe and have his hall of fame moment. RIP Warrior. True wrestling legend.

Jones31
04-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Crazy timing, his last promo is eerie looking back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR08M6EUd0g

Titanico
04-10-2014, 04:42 PM
The unofficial news of why he passed away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPbO7RJZYtg

Toronto
04-11-2014, 12:30 AM
The unofficial news of why he passed away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPbO7RJZYtg

Grace is getting roasted for the way she went about this and the number of factual errors they made. Curtis died from cancer and was a tiny referee. Owen Hart fell to his death. Many more, but it got in the way of her op-Ed.

Toronto
04-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Grace is getting roasted for the way she went about this and the number of factual errors they made. Curtis died from cancer and was a tiny referee. Owen Hart fell to his death. Many more, but it got in the way of her op-Ed.

DDP also has said if he had known what gfx (graphics) had been used and the real intent of Graces story, who BTW dated a pro wrestler and was dumped, he never would done that appearance. I believe him, if you look and realize he saved Jake Roberts and Scott Halls lives.

Titanico
04-11-2014, 06:47 PM
DDP also has said if he had known what gfx (graphics) had been used and the real intent of Graces story, who BTW dated a pro wrestler and was dumped, he never would done that appearance. I believe him, if you look and realize he saved Jake Roberts and Scott Halls lives.
WOW- It seems that she has some skeletons in her closet.

So...whatever it comes from her has to be taken with a grain of salt? (honest question)

Toronto
04-11-2014, 10:26 PM

So...whatever it comes from her has to be taken with a grain of salt? (honest question)

Watch it again and ask yourself if this comes across as a fair and balanced look at Warrior's death, or is it no different than when the McMahons were under the microscope when Benoit murdered his family and killed himself. Her bias is beyond ridiculous here.

Jones31
04-12-2014, 10:17 PM

She's an ex attorney with no problems side stepping ethics. It's why CNN/Turner hired her. Same company that has been doing breaking news daily about a plane that crashed a month ago.

Titanico
04-13-2014, 12:53 PM
She's an ex attorney with no problems side stepping ethics. It's why CNN/Turner hired her. Same company that has been doing breaking news daily about a plane that crashed a month ago.

That's just not nice from her.

Titanico
04-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Former pro wrestler The Ultimate Warrior died of cardiovascular disease, authorities in Phoenix said Monday.

Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick said that's the finding from an autopsy conducted Thursday by the county medical examiner's office.

The 54-year-old wrestler's given name was James Hellwig. He collapsed April 8 while walking with his wife to their car at a Scottsdale hotel and was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Scottsdale police have said there were no signs of foul play.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20806951,00.html

Toronto
04-16-2014, 01:10 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpQXqEI7EE just a great production job by WWE editors and producers. Fantastic song choice and lyrics.

Jones31
04-17-2014, 10:34 AM
That's just not nice from her.

If you ever get or want the chance to be appalled by CNN, just watch her, I give you an hour before you change the channel.

Titanico
04-17-2014, 06:39 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpQXqEI7EE just a great production job by WWE editors and producers. Fantastic song choice and lyrics.

For me it's also a good short way to honor the Warrior. Thanks for sharing.

Titanico
04-17-2014, 06:41 PM
If you ever get or want the chance to be appalled by CNN, just watch her, I give you an hour before you change the channel.

Yes. I got CNN on cable, so I will take a shot.

Titanico
04-19-2014, 12:14 PM
That Nancy Grace is just a very very unethical and terrible person. Has a "collection" of videos on YouTube where she is being shown-up and unmasked as a spinless weasel!

Titanico
05-04-2014, 09:18 PM
This is a video that is uploaded at YouTube from WWE Network. It's a HD one. If you have 58 mins. to watch it, do it. Even if you aren't a wrestling fan.

I am always effusive at this type of things, because there are so many lifes that are an example. And James Brian Hellwig is just another one. He never accepted BS, he always knew who he was, what he gave to his profession and the impact that he caused. No matter that, he became in a well self-centered person, and he always respeted and was grateful for his life as a wrestler, which gave him all he got. He was a good family man.

Vince McMahon, knows that. And he doesn't say it, but he knows he was very unfair to Hellwig. McMahon has to live with that remorse for the rest of his life. Hellwig was a very good human-being, and his heart was huge enough to accept forgivness.

How many people runs their lives being such selfish and just ignoring the value of a person? I had known and know many. And just when it's too late they open their eyes, and then there is no return (or way to fix things).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2-LfEATtBg