PDA

View Full Version : Royals in the World Series

Sect309Fan
10-15-2014, 06:34 PM
First team to ever go 8-0 in the postseason. Congrats to all you Royals fans out there, and I hope they win it all.

Last WS appearance (and win) was 29 years ago in 1985 (against the Cardinals). I was a sophomore in high school back then. ;)

Yvette
10-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if they went 12-0?

LET'S GO ROYALS!!!!!!!

Toronto
10-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if they went 12-0?

LET'S GO ROYALS!!!!!!!

I will bet every dime I have (which ain;t much but I digress) that you'd settle for 12-3.

Sect309Fan
10-17-2014, 08:43 AM
I hate the Cardinals so much that I am glad the Giants knocked them out. I am also happy that Tim Hudson will finally get to pitch in a World Series. But I will be rooting for the Royals to win it all.

Toronto
10-17-2014, 08:40 PM
My wife's uncle is a legit diehard Giant fan (lives there), but he's got 2 rings. My loyalty goes to the person that has paid a heavy price rooting for these teams. Go Royals!

Parddy
10-24-2014, 07:47 AM
This is going to be a very entertaining World Series. If the Royals can just get to the 7th with a lead it appears to be lights out. What a great bullpen.

Sect309Fan
10-25-2014, 06:15 AM
Big game 3 win last night for the Royals. At worst, the series will go back to Kansas City. At best, they will have a parade when they get back.

The Giants almost never lose at home in the World Series, so I expect to see at least a game 6.

Face
10-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I love that one of the professional sports teams I cheer for are giving me something to get excited about. This is just absolutely unreal for me to grasp. Years and years of going to Royals games, watching on tv, and just knowing they are going nowhere, year after year, to not only be in the World Series but actually winning. I would say I am a much bigger Titan fan than a Royals fan but watching this team glide through the post season and play to this level is unreal. The 13-3 Titan years and the Super Bowl run were awesome but this Royals team is the most exciting thing I have ever witnessed in all of sports.

I would love to see them win out and close it in 5 but I wouldn't mind seeing them win it in front of the home town crowd.

Wow. I am still just at WOW with this team.

Toronto
10-25-2014, 04:40 PM
I remember as an Astro fan being on the edge of my seat for every pitch in 2004-05. So I remember it and know what Royal fans, legit ones, are going through. It's agony, and its awesome. Enjoy Game 4..and pray you have a lead in the 7th, because if you do? Lights out. Awesome bullpen, just awesome

Sect309Fan
10-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Bumgardner of the Giants is now one of the greatest postseason pitchers of all time, and he is only 25 years old. It's just amazing what he has done.

The good news is that it isn't that hard to win the final 2 games at home. This is turning out to be a great World Series.

Yvette
10-27-2014, 11:47 PM
This is just absolutely unreal for me to grasp.
I forgot how young you are. You're from the lost years. You need this series worse than me.

At least I'll always have '85. I hope you get '14

:toast

Face
10-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah I was 2 years old when they won the World Series in 1985. I have never really got to see this team be any good lol. I have suffered through the Runelvys Hernandez, Ken Harvey, Neifi Perez, Kerry Robinson, Scott Elarton, Yunieski Betancourt, Chris Getz, (etc.) times...it's been a long time coming.. now we finally get to enjoy this. LET'S GO Royals!!

Kerry Robinson climbing the wall for a ball that landed on the warning track, Harvey hitting Grimsley in the back of the head with a throw, trading players like Jermaine Dye and Johnny Damon for prospects that just never worked out. Starting the early 2000s with almost 100 loses each season and then finally getting to that 100 loss season. From the mid 90s to 2012 we had 1 (ONE)... JUST ONE damn season with a winning record lol. How do we back up that one season with a winning record, with 3 straight seasons of 100+ losses obviously lol.

The trade that sent Greinke to the Brewers was heart breaking to me. But in the long run getting Escobar and Lorenzo Cain worked out pretty well for us. Then the Royals did something unheard of and traded prospects for Big Game Shields (great pitcher but not living up to his high school nickname) and Wade Davis.

2014 has ALMOST made me forget just how bad we really were and I am sure 2 more wins will help that even more.

Toronto
10-28-2014, 09:20 AM
I have never rooted for a team like this, when I have no emotional stake in it. I know (Leafs, Titans, Astros) how seemingly impossible it is to win a title, and now you guys finally have one within your grasp. Good luck tonight, the Giants are a tough as hell team but they can be beat. Just get a lead into the 6th inning. The bullpen won't let you down. And man is game 7 for a champion special stuff, hope it happens.

Predarat
10-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Even if it ends tonight, this has been an awesome ride, excluding the last few games. Hope the Royals can remain relevant in the playoff race for years to come, this drought was awful. I cannot remember the last time I had much interest in them while Football season was going on. They were usually out of it by the time the NHL/NBA playoffs were done. Cannot wait for tonight and hoping like hell for tomorrow!

Sect309Fan
10-29-2014, 05:54 AM
I can't quite think of a series like this that is compelling, but every game but one has been a blowout (5 runs or more).

Tonight the pressure will be on to score early. If the Giants get a lead, we all know Bumgarner will come in shut it down. If the Royals get a lead, they can give it to their bullpen. If it is tied after 6 innings, it could be a long night.

Parddy
10-29-2014, 07:52 AM
World Series game 7. It doesn't get any better than that in sports. It just doesn't.

Toronto
10-29-2014, 08:46 AM
World Series game 7. It doesn't get any better than that in sports. It just doesn't.
Nope. When I was a KID, long before I knew I'd never have an athlete's body, I dreamed of nights like tonight. I was Nolan Ryan Darryl Sittler or Moses Malone....

What a weird autocorrect i had on my phone. never knew i was a maid!

Parddy
10-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Many times I've dreamed of hitting a Home Run in the 9th inning of this very game!!!!! I suspect many little boys have.

Yvette
10-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Many girls have too, Parddy!!!

:slap

Sect309Fan
10-30-2014, 04:42 AM
I called it. Bumgarner is now one of the greatest of all time in WS lore. Just amazing.

I still can't understand why it is so hard to get the Panda out and prevent him from scoring. For a guy that looks more Chance Warmack than a baseball player, he just finds a way.

Great game 7, but is it so painful to lose because the Royals survived the mistakes of the 2nd inning only to repeat them again in the 4th.

Toronto
10-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Bummed for Yvette and others but what a great game and series. Hats off to Bumgarner. All-time. Period.

Yvette
10-30-2014, 03:55 PM
For a guy that looks more Chance Warmack than a baseball player, he just finds a way.
One of the announcers Game 3:

"Don't let the body fool you, that's one terrific athlete" :lol

Yvette
10-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Bummed for Yvette and others but what a great game and series. Hats off to Bumgarner. All-time. Period.
I finally uncurled from the fetal position about an hour or so ago.

I really need this bye week from the Titans or I might curl up again :laugh