PDA

View Full Version : Devasted

Sect309Fan
03-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Vandy women had an 18 point lead against #1 seed Maryland but couldn't hang on in a 4 point loss. :cry

You just can't let a single player score 42 points, but that is what Vandy did. I feel like this team is so close to being in the Final Four, but they keep blowing big leads. Usually they hang on, but against a great team like Maryland, it was deadly.

I am sick about this. To play so well for the entire game but fall apart in the final minute. :sad

TitansFan23
03-28-2009, 09:40 PM
I saw that.

I know it sucks, but I'm not really sure it matters.

There's no stopping the UCONN train this year.

kytitansfan1
03-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I would love to see UConn lose in the championship. Can't stand their coach.

TitansFan23
03-28-2009, 09:48 PM
I would love to see UConn lose in the championship. Can't stand their coach.

Me too, but it ain't happening.

I'm a UT fan, but I have to admit, Geno has a stellar team up there.

Pat is the GOAT, but she has a pretty crappy class right now.

Geno has the best team, and that's after losing a player to injury and having the best HS player EDD quit on him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Geno surpass Pat in NC titles over the next few years.

Titans and Turtles
03-28-2009, 10:35 PM
/FEAR

Sorry. I feel for Vandy. But Coleman would not be denied today.

And don't crown UConn just yet. Most experts agreed before the tourney started, if there was a single team that could get in the way of the UConn coronation, it was the Women in Red, the Diamondback Terrapin.

Of course, plenty of basketball before the championship game, and Maryland, like anyone else, still has a very tough road ahead just to get their shot.

Toliver and Coleman have one ring each. They want one for the other hand now.

kytitansfan1
03-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Louisville is playing great right now! It could happen!

Titans and Turtles
03-29-2009, 01:53 AM
the Louisville women's team had a great season, and losing on Monday night will be of no shame to them at all. I applaud their season, and gratz on reaching the elite 8! A very worthy accomplishment!

TitansFan23
03-29-2009, 03:31 AM
Dude, I would love to see Maryland whip up on UCONN, but I just don't see it happening.

I'll be pulling for whoever plays them though.

Fear the Turtle!

TitansFan23
03-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Oh yeah,

Eat Kids!

Have to say that's the most bazaar rallying cry I've ever heard, but it seems to be working for the Terps.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/03/terps_eat_kids_on_rome_is_burn.html

TitanTom0987
03-29-2009, 03:42 AM
I flipped that game on at a couple points during the game and I was like "Man, Maryland's in trouble". Then I saw they were playing Vandy and assumed they'd comeback and win. They didn't disappoint. Sad but true.

Bobcat
03-29-2009, 04:04 AM
I was thoroughly happy to see Louisville beat the crap out of Baylor and their whiner of a coach (I don't care if she was hospitalized during their first round game, she's a bitch). Baylor knocked out my Jackrabbits from S. Dakota State in what may have been the worst reffed game I've ever seen. When the announcers start commenting on how bad the officiating is (and they're supposed to be impartial), you know it's bad.

The end of that game still leaves a sour taste in my mouth, too. With about 8 minutes left one of their big girls went out with a hyper-extended knee, only to come back with a couple minutes left. The coach put her in - risking more injury - for the sole purpose of her grabbing a rebound in the event of a missed free throw. She grabs the rebound, gets fouled. Conveniently, she's something like a 55% shooter for the year, but she's "hurt" again. The rules allow her to be subbed for, which of course happens for the best FT shooter on the team.

After the game is over and Baylor is celebrating, this same girl who was so hurt and couldn't shoot free throws is seen jumping up and down on both legs, celebrating with her team.

:bsflag

TitansFan23
03-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Bobcat,

Then you're probably not gonna be happy that Kim Mulkey is getting this kid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Could-6-8-quot-Brittney-Griner-play-in-the-NBA-?urn=nba%252C66363

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO-iH1UniSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDfRzY2Vqw

Titans and Turtles
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Gratz to L-Ville. I thought my Girls would handle it, but the Lady Terps got torched. I am saddened to see Toliver and Coleman go! :(

But they were not the better team tonight. Good luck in the final four!