+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27
FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27
Results 521 to 535 of 535

Thread: Titans @ Cowboys OGT

  1. #521
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    240

    Default

    I actually really like Troy Aikman as a commentator....He's leaps and bounds more sensible than Collinsworth....You can make that out just by what they both say about VY..
    Tennessee Titans Fan For Life!!!

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,794
    Rep Power
    28151

    Default

    Not that I like Collinsworthless.... but that statement is stupid.
    Welcome to the Suck

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    8,876
    Rep Power
    51393

    Default

    Mr. Man of Few Words... how is it stupid?

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Posts
    2,899
    Rep Power
    14394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RohitTheNair View Post
    I actually really like Troy Aikman as a commentator....He's leaps and bounds more sensible than Collinsworth....You can make that out just by what they both say about VY..
    What did they both say about Vince?

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Posts
    2,899
    Rep Power
    14394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    Mr. Man of Few Words... how is it stupid?
    I will take a stab at this. It was stupid because he is comparing the two by what they said about Vince not about their knowledge about football.

  6. #526
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Oilers Fan View Post
    I will take a stab at this. It was stupid because he is comparing the two by what they said about Vince not about their knowledge about football.
    The uninformed things Collinsworth said about VY's situation (like something about how we were sending him mixed signals or something)....That was total BS, its almost like he makes things up to support whatever argument he is making....

    Aikman doesnt do that, and that therefore, to me, makes him a far better commentator overall, what they each said about VY's situation is just one example that came to mind.

    If that makes me crazy, so be it..
    Last edited by RohitTheNair; 08-22-2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Tennessee Titans Fan For Life!!!

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    8,876
    Rep Power
    51393

    Default

    Kind of reminds me of a good cop bad cop schtick.

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,794
    Rep Power
    28151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Oilers Fan View Post
    What did they both say about Vince?
    Troy said he still had confidence in Vince to become a good QB.
    As far as Collinsworthless.... I couldn't tell you I mute the TV when he's on.

    Guess when someone is pro-VY that makes them better in people's eyes.


    Imagine that.
    Welcome to the Suck

  9. The following user likes this post:

    Orca (08-22-2009)

  10. #529
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Posts
    2,899
    Rep Power
    14394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RohitTheNair View Post
    The uninformed things Collinsworth said about VY's situation (like something about how we were sending him mixed signals or something)....That was total BS, its almost like he makes things up to support whatever argument he is making....

    Aikman doesnt do that, and that therefore, to me, makes him a far better commentator overall, what they each said about VY's situation is just one example that came to mind.

    If that makes me crazy, so be it..
    Sounds to me like Collinsworth was saying the same thing most of Vince followers always say. That it is not Vince fault but everyone else fault.

  11. #530
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    8,876
    Rep Power
    51393

    Default

    So Aikman and Collinsworth are both pro VY?

  12. #531
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Universal Consciousness
    Posts
    9,771
    Rep Power
    13629

    Default

    One thing that ran through my mind last night was that they need to take Griff off double duty. He had been working in ST drills on top of regular team practice. He looked slow and out of sync last night.

  13. #532
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    524

    Default

    Troy Aikman is ok, I guess. All of these commentators have to talk out their arse at some time or another - they just can't keep up with every individual story of the thousands of preseason NFL players. What irked me last night is that he droned on and on about Dallas. It's his former team, so I understand. I just wish that I didn't have to listen to it (football without the sound on isn't much fun IMHO).

  14. #533
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,776
    Rep Power
    10981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTP77 View Post
    One thing that ran through my mind last night was that they need to take Griff off double duty. He had been working in ST drills on top of regular team practice. He looked slow and out of sync last night.
    hes so good on special teams though

  15. #534
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hanging out at Mr Dowd's house
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    3087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RohitTheNair View Post
    The uninformed things Collinsworth said about VY's situation (like something about how we were sending him mixed signals or something)....That was total BS, its almost like he makes things up to support whatever argument he is making....

    Aikman doesnt do that, and that therefore, to me, makes him a far better commentator overall, what they each said about VY's situation is just one example that came to mind.

    If that makes me crazy, so be it..
    actually what was so bizarre about what collinsworth said that time was that it was so unlike him to say something so stupid and contradictory.

    i really wish they would play it back some time and ask him to explain just what he ment.

    as for kerry and vince.

    i think last night shows just how silly it is to be yanking qb's based on one nights stats.

  16. #535
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Universal Consciousness
    Posts
    9,771
    Rep Power
    13629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryangm2123 View Post
    hes so good on special teams though
    I'm just talking about camp but they are breaking this week anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts