+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFLN and Comcast

Default NFLN and Comcast

Got the email today

As of May 1 Comcast will no longer carry NFLN.

A little more info.

NFL Network and Comcast
    Last edited by Jones31; 03-31-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    Welcome to the Suck

Glad I got DirecTV. Comcast can't pay for NFL Network because they have to pay the postage on the 15 advertisements that they bulk mail every month. As if people didn't know about the same 3 packages from the previous month.

I'm glad they mail as much, it keeps me employed. But those of you who are Comcast subscribers are getting the shaft. Hopefully it will all work out.

welcome to the club of nfl.com gamecast for the few weeks in november and december.

I have Charter (which is filing chapter 11 I believe).

So, I'm use to having no NFLN.

I have dish and comcast. I get my internet through comcast, although I am moving and dumping cable all together. I am going with DSL. I can't stand cable companies and they aren' helping themselves by dumping NFLN.

I don't mind paying the $5 or so that Comcast has been charging for the 'sports tier" which includes NFLN. But now they're not even giving us that option! I've been looking for a chance to use this smilie...so Comcast, this is for you!
    "I ain't got time to stand around here and discuss trivial trivialities." Barney Fife

Quote Originally Posted by Count Telecky View Post
    I don't mind paying the $5 or so that Comcast has been charging for the 'sports tier" which includes NFLN. But now they're not even giving us that option! I've been looking for a chance to use this smilie...so Comcast, this is for you!
    Comcast would be perfectly happy with keeping it on that "sports tier". It's the NFL that wants it removed from that. The NFL doesn't want Comcast charging extra for the channel even though they charge the cable companies a pretty penny for it.

Which in turn NFLN has to pay higher fees for doing so,
    Welcome to the Suck

I bet NFL Network will be on Comcast by the time Thanksgiving rolls around (first live regular season games get shown).

But if not, it doesn't really affect Titans fans that much. Just like games on ESPN, any Titans game on NFL Network will be simulcast on local broadcast TV in the Nashville area.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

OK...let me rephrase. This goes to whoever is keeping NFLN off of my TV and therefore keeping me from watching some Thurs night games in the comfort of my own home!

update: I know someone is going to tell me to just get the Dish network. I would but my wife's company pays for our cable internet and a portion of our cable bill.
    "I ain't got time to stand around here and discuss trivial trivialities." Barney Fife

Count me as one of the many thankful for DirecTV.

Guess i can shut off my sports pack then.

I hate directv, but have it right now. Trapped in their 'contract':

NFLN is ok, but it's really a racket no matter which way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by titansikou View Post
    I hate directv, but have it right now. Trapped in their 'contract':
    It costs satellite companies a good amount of money to lease you your equipment and install it to your whole house. Plus, there is usally a discounted rate for the first year. So a 2 year contract is pretty much required.

If there anything in particular you don't like about DirecTv? I have Dish, but I really like it compared to Comcast.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I agree. I really like dish network. I have never had any problems with them except when they moved NFLN out of their basic package I had to upgrade, but I wanted to upgrade any how.

I love my DirecTV, much better than I do the Dish network. So far (knock on wood), I have no complaints.
    Tana, TitanFire, Mystytan and Steve "Air" McNair.....always in our hearts and minds!

Here we have a cable and a satellite dish company. Both show NFLN in their basic packages.

And I am sorry to know that some of you are struggling to get NFLN in your PAID "private" companies. (I use quotation marks in the private word, because now they show commercials like crazy) same here.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

+ Reply to Thread