+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutler Traded to Chicago

Default Cutler Traded to Chicago

Jay Cutler-QB- Broncos Mar. 31 - 9:12 pm et

In a statement late Tuesday, owner Pat Bowlen announced that the Broncos will attempt to trade Jay Cutler. SI.com's Peter King reports that the team plans to execute a deal before the April 25-26 NFL Draft.
    "Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful," Bowlen said. "His agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request." The Jets, Lions, and Bucs will likely be Cutler's most ardent suitors. The 49ers, Bears, Panthers, and Vikings may also show interest.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3608
    "Don't forget that little emotions are the great captains of our lives."
    -Vincent Van Gogh

Lions = 1st overall pick for Cutler?

Unless they're going after someone other than Stafford at #1 (which I don't see), this could be a feasible option. They've still got a first round pick at #20, and they've got to address the QB position sooner or later. Better a proven commodity than a rookie gamble, especially Stafford.

I figure the Broncos just set themselves back a good 3-4 maybe 5 years with this. You can blame Cutler for not being a man and picking up the phone now.

And Bus Cook is still a scum bag.
    Last edited by Jones31; 03-31-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Welcome to the Suck

4. The following user likes this post:

BJShan (03-31-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxin' View Post
    Lions = 1st overall pick for Cutler?

Unless they're going after someone other than Stafford at #1 (which I don't see), this could be a feasible option. They've still got a first round pick at #20, and they've got to address the QB position sooner or later. Better a proven commodity than a rookie gamble, especially Stafford.
    Didn't the lions promise Culpepper the spot though? ... not that they have to honor that.

Anyway, I kind of feel bad for the Broncos. They flubbed a bit with this, but Cutler is acting the brat, IMO. I wonder if he's going to turn out to be a cancerous type like TO.

I don't feel sorry for the Broncos at all. They shoved out Shanny without having a reliable replacement in mind, and didn't have the foresight to see that McDaniels was a product of the system, and would be an utter failure as a head coach.

At the same time though, Cutler needs to man up. Dude whines more than Sean Hannity.

7. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (03-31-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxin' View Post
    I don't feel sorry for the Broncos at all. They shoved out Shanny without having a reliable replacement in mind, and didn't have the foresight to see that McDaniels was a product of the system, and would be an utter failure as a head coach.

At the same time though, Cutler needs to man up. Dude whines more than Sean Hannity.
    Someone who hasn't even coached a game is already a failure?

I don't blame Cutler a bit for not picking up the phone and talking to these two. They appear to have lied about soliciting trades, and then apparently gave Cutler an attitude when they finally had a face-to-face meeting a couple of weeks ago. If I was Cutler, I wouldn't have answered the phone either. It is very difficult to work and respect someone that you can't trust.

Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels have made this bed, and now they get to lie (pun intended) in it. When the Broncos become the next laughing stock of the league, the Raiders will be glad to have some company.

10. The following user likes this post:

barnybyrd (04-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
    When you alienate your best player, a Pro Bowler, a widely thought of up-and-coming QB, your coaching career is destined to be about as short as a relationship with Paris Hilton.

12. 4 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (04-02-2009), Fairweather Fan (03-31-2009), kytitansfan1 (04-01-2009), Zephyr (04-01-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
    It's a little premature, but he's been a failure up to this point. He's certainly not giving me any hope of the Broncos having a successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by don28 View Post
    I don't blame Cutler a bit for not picking up the phone and talking to these two. They appear to have lied about soliciting trades, and then apparently gave Cutler an attitude when they finally had a face-to-face meeting a couple of weeks ago. If I was Cutler, I wouldn't have answered the phone either. It is very difficult to work and respect someone that you can't trust.

Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels have made this bed, and now they get to lie (pun intended) in it. When the Broncos become the next laughing stock of the league, the Raiders will be glad to have some company.
    Nah Bowlen didn't do anything until expect whine about maybe losing him. Until now.
    Everything before was Xanders and McDunce.
    Welcome to the Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    Nah Bowlen didn't do anything until expect whine about maybe losing him. Until now.
    Everything before was Xanders and McDunce.
    To borrow from the movie Midnight Run: Xanders, Moron #1; McDaniels, Moron #2

16. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (03-31-2009)

LOL, it's fitting.
    Welcome to the Suck

Bowlen is one of the best / most liked owners in the game. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over someone who has Bus Cook as an agent.

Lions gotta make a run at him.

McDaniels could be the first coach in history to be fired before the pre season or he may turn out to be a genius.

I'm not holding my breath on Genius..... no coach under Belichick has had any great success, I heard somewhere Belichick said McD needed another year before making the big step.
    Welcome to the Suck

Wonder if they got 6 jerseys on sale at Sport Seasons yet.
    Welcome to the Suck

The Cutler story it's a bizarre one in my book.

Cutler was supposed to be Denver's next QB....so I am absolutely surprised by all this.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

I still think Bowlen is becoming looney as Al Davis is.
    Welcome to the Suck

Well at least we know where Jay is.... he's at UFC fight night downtown.
    Welcome to the Suck

+ Reply to Thread