+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Chris Johnson Staying away from fast food

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Winchester, TN
    Posts
    1,106
    Rep Power
    8034

    Default Chris Johnson Staying away from fast food

    Now if we could get Lendale to do the same.

    There is also some good info on KVB, Torry Holt, and Mawae in this article.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    fast food must be code word for Baptist Sports Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith
    You don't sound like you're from Tennessee.

  3. 2 Users Liked This Post

    BJShan (04-06-2009), Jones31 (04-08-2009)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same city as always...
    Posts
    5,838
    Rep Power
    25713

    Default

    All players should be away from fast food, and should be eatting healthy food like crazy.
    Linemen are an exemption to that rule...they need those extra-pounds. WR's, RB's and CB's should stay away from it.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brentwood TN
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Oh Brian View Post
    fast food must be code word for Baptist Sports Park.
    Ever heard of the buffet chain Golden Corral? When I go there, a normal plateful will have a small piece of meat and lots of vegetables. No pasta, no fried foods. I wonder how many of the Titans get meals like that at BSP???

    Could at least part of LenDale's weight problem be traced back to BSP?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Ever heard of the buffet chain Golden Corral? When I go there, a normal plateful will have a small piece of meat and lots of vegetables. No pasta, no fried foods. I wonder how many of the Titans get meals like that at BSP???

    Could at least part of LenDale's weight problem be traced back to BSP?
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith
    You don't sound like you're from Tennessee.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    7457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Ever heard of the buffet chain Golden Corral? When I go there, a normal plateful will have a small piece of meat and lots of vegetables. No pasta, no fried foods. I wonder how many of the Titans get meals like that at BSP???

    Could at least part of LenDale's weight problem be traced back to BSP?
    I interned for the Miami Dolphins during the 2001 training camp. Us interns got to eat lunch at the same spread the players did once they got done eating.

    The choices and quality of food that they had puts Golden Corral to shame. Beef, chicken, turkey, pork, fish, salads, vegetables, desserts were available in large quantity. Some meats were fried, but many were grilled and nothing was forced down players' throats.

    The players had everything there to eat a healthy meal, but would have to have the mental discipline to follow through. That is where some players may be falling off the wagon.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    JustThisSideOfInsanity
    Posts
    2,279
    Rep Power
    8288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Oh Brian View Post
    fast food must be code word for Baptist Sports Park.
    Very very far from the truth, they have some of the best food in town, all tailored for each position and each player. No junk allowed.
    JUST WAITING ON 2019, GO TITANS!!!
    ∆ Now it is getting better...!∆

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brentwood TN
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by don28 View Post
    I interned for the Miami Dolphins during the 2001 training camp. Us interns got to eat lunch at the same spread the players did once they got done eating.

    The choices and quality of food that they had puts Golden Corral to shame. Beef, chicken, turkey, pork, fish, salads, vegetables, desserts were available in large quantity. Some meats were fried, but many were grilled and nothing was forced down players' throats.
    Any bread pudding for dessert?

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanPop View Post
    Very very far from the truth, they have some of the best food in town, all tailored for each position and each player. No junk allowed.

    I wasn't talking about the food they serve at the park. It was a joke about him staying away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith
    You don't sound like you're from Tennessee.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    4506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanPop View Post
    Very very far from the truth, they have some of the best food in town, all tailored for each position and each player. No junk allowed.
    I think what he was trying to say was that since CJ is staying away from BSP this off season and that he's also staying away from fast food that fast food might be a code word for the Titans facilities. Not a knock on the food at BSP .

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJShan View Post
    I think what he was trying to say was that since CJ is staying away from BSP this off season and that he's also staying away from fast food that fast food might be a code word for the Titans facilities. Not a knock on the food at BSP .
    you said that much better than I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith
    You don't sound like you're from Tennessee.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    GOD.
    I hear the food around BSP is terrible.
    I'm kidding, I know it's a joke.

    I'm glad he is. He needs to stay healthy and keep his speed up.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    7457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Any bread pudding for dessert?
    I didn't notice that. Definitely pieces of cake, jello, and puddings a plenty.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Oh Brian View Post
    fast food must be code word for Baptist Sports Park.
    ROFL.. I got it! nice one.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    2,305
    Rep Power
    9745

    Default

    Now if we could get Lendale to do the same.
    if I could do the same....

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    3122

    Default

    CJ is faster than food! That's how he plans on staying away from it.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts