+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Former GM's wife blasts Titans on the air!

Default Former GM's wife blasts Titans on the air!

Damn! When it rains it pours!

From Nashville City Paper.

Just when you thought Titans coach Jeff Fisher's week couldn't get worse, it did.

Sally Reese, wife of former Titans General Manager Floyd Reese, called in to Nashville's sports radio show, The Zone (104.5-FM) on Thursday afternoon, and proceeded to rip team management for how they handled her husband's resignation two years ago.

But she hadn't taken her best shot yet.

She then managed on the air to accuse Fisher of extra-marital affairs, and of the team's 59-0 loss to the New England Patriots last Sunday, said she wished the Titans would have lost 100-0.

Fisher has been divorced since February 2008, so it wasn't clear what Mrs. Reese was referring to, or when, or even why.

Her husband, who ironically is employed by the Patriots, left the Titans in January 2007.
    Last edited by TITAN 1; 10-22-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    Make it a great day!

Damn... I stop listening to sports radio and missed her comments. What did George, Willy, and Darren say to all that ??
    Welcome WHIZ...Time to turn this thing around !!!

i thought it was pretty funny and also damn one sided.

floyd's drafts hadnt been that great for several years and some of them were out right busts.

there is some question just how bad the team got hurt when the head of college scouting glenn cumbee died.
    it was cumbee who was responsible for a lot of the players like kearse and mcnair.

and we never did hear this kind of hysterics from mike holovak or his wife.
    he was the previous gm and when a scout ect played a part in getting warren moon, munch and matthews.
    instead mike quietly stayed on as a scout till the late 90's.
    in fact she should appreciate that bud even gave floyd an assitant general manager jon with out till that time (i believe some of the oiler fans maybe know) without any previous front office experience.
    jerry glanville had wanted floyd to come with him to the falcons as an assitant coach.

and just because she didnt know about certain things didnt mean they didnt happen.
    knowing she had done stuff like this before he may have decided not to tell her everything.

and i am curious to see how the pats will react.
    especially to her out right gloating over the game.. the payback is a bitch comment.

it might get interesting when this starts to hit the national sports news later on.

Accuse... hell, inappropriate martial conduct was grounds for the divorce. Doesn't take that much of the imagination to figure that out. I noticed her on the Titans site on FB the other day. Yep it was about Floyd.
    Welcome to the Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Damn... I stop listening to sports radio and missed her comments. What did George, Willy, and Darren say to all that ??
    i think they were sorta stunned by some of it.
    and she kept on saying she waited until floyd and the rest of the pats people were on the plane on the way to london so he couldnt stop her.

I didn't hear it but they were still in shock over it today.
    Welcome to the Suck

Surely, Floyd will be pissed about his wife acting like a fool.
    Make it a great day!

9. The following user likes this post:

Red Birds (10-22-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    I didn't hear it but they were still in shock over it today.
    The call was made this afternoon.
    Make it a great day!

considering how tightly coach bill has kept the reins on access to his coaches ect i dont think he will be too thrilled about all this.

but he really does like floyd and considers him to be one of his mentors..

Wow, what a bitch.
    2014-15 Kentucky Wildcats 5-0

13. The following user likes this post:

Red Birds (10-22-2009)

Wow, I met her when I was in Nashville a few seasons back. That was the time John McClain hooked us up with tickets, etc to come out there. It was after the game and AJ and I were hanging out outside of the stadium with some Titans fans. I just remember 3 older ladies approaching us, very drunk I should add. One just starts giving us crap about Houston, etc. If she were I guy I would have been tempted to drop the gloves. We verbally traded jabs for a good 10 minutes. Anyway, as she walked off someone in the know laughed and told us who she was. It was Floyd Reese's wife.

I just remember her coming off as very low class, so this story doesn't surprise me. She definitely had a big mouth and no filter from the brain.

15. 5 Users Liked This Post

Comar (10-23-2009), Fairweather Fan (10-23-2009), Tam (10-27-2009), TitansGiantsBears (10-25-2009), Yvette (10-22-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    I noticed her on the Titans site on FB the other day. Yep it was about Floyd.
    Me too and I'm guessing she burned some bridges today.

By the way, seems like I remember hearing she has issues with alcohol and gets a little obnoxious.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

i kinda wonder if they got terry mccormick to come back on the air as a way of letting her know this stuff was probably going to make the news ...
    she got off soon after that.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN 1 View Post
    The call was made this afternoon.
    Oh. The way they sounded made me think it was yesterday.

The Pats were on the way to London by this time most likely. They left this afternoon.
    Welcome to the Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
    Wow, I met her when I was in Nashville a few seasons back. That was the time John McClain hooked us up with tickets, etc to come out there. It was after the game and AJ and I were hanging out outside of the stadium with some Titans fans. I just remember 3 older ladies approaching us, very drunk I should add. One just starts giving us crap about Houston, etc. If she were I guy I would have been tempted to drop the gloves. We verbally traded jabs for a good 10 minutes. Anyway, as she walked off someone in the know laughed and told us who she was. It was Floyd Reese's wife.

I just remember her coming off as very low class, so this story doesn't surprise me. She definitely had a big mouth and no filter from the brain.
    I remember you sharing that with us on the TOMB. She must have some real issues.
    Make it a great day!

It's not a big deal, I mean she was just having a little fun. I'm sure Fisher with his new found sense of humor will push right past this
    A quote from Titans Central. That was awesome.

A good dog is not easily ruined

21. 4 Users Liked This Post

hooktool (10-22-2009), LB (10-22-2009), PBV (10-24-2009), TitansJonne (10-23-2009)

Very very low class move by her. Say what she wants about the Titans, this organization has put alot of money in her husbands pocket that has greatly benefited her. But then to call out a person for one of their mistakes is another. Very white T in my opinion.

23. 3 Users Liked This Post

Tam (10-27-2009), TITAN 1 (10-22-2009), Yvette (10-22-2009)

Thanks Hookem, I know you all meet her and missed your post while I was posting.

So we know she's PO'd about Floyd being fired by Bud and she's taking it out on the Titans. Yep, I'd say she has some issues.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

If I were married to that, & someone handed me a drink laced with poison, but told me at the last second that it was, I'd STILL DRINK IT!

26. The following user likes this post:

TITAN 1 (10-22-2009)

+ Reply to Thread