+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big 10+1 to add a 12th team???

Thumbs up Big 10+1 to add a 12th team???

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4735336

Make it happen...Pitt, Notre Dame, Cincy, or Missouri(I doubt the leave the big12). Those are the only teams I want to see brought in. All are good academically, and have good football and basketball programs.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

I would like to see one of the Big East teams jump, and then add East Carolina to the Big East from C-USA.

Hmmm... So how does Green Bay keep its field clear? (we're under about 10" of snow right now. I'm wondering how a longer season might pan out for the Big 10)

They could play a ccg in ford field, the metrodome etc. Make a mandatory bye week in the schedule. That would mean two extra weeks meaning the season would end the same time as the sec and big 12

Orca is offline Nam Sybillam quidem Cumis... Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute

And at the after the ccg we could watch tOSU lose in a Bowl game, again.
    "In war there is no substitute for victory"

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Beautiful...it reads like poetry.

I love how Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez states the Big Ten is irrelevant the last three weeks of the season because they aren't playing.

Perhaps you're irrelevant because of the quality of play when your teams are playing Mr. Alvarez. Ohio State has become a running joke in bowl games and they're the class of the conference. Who else is on the national radar now that Michigan is wallowing in the mire? Iowa? You have what is essentially a one team conference now and that one team isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    I love how Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez states the Big Ten is irrelevant the last three weeks of the season because they aren't playing.

Perhaps you're irrelevant because of the quality of play when your teams are playing Mr. Alvarez. Ohio State has become a running joke in bowl games and they're the class of the conference. Who else is on the national radar now that Michigan is wallowing in the mire? Iowa? You have what is essentially a one team conference now and that one team isn't very good.
    yea big10 is just not that great right now. Im confident Michigan will be in a bowl next year so that should help a bit. but its cyclical.

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    yea big10 is just not that great right now. Im confident Michigan will be in a bowl next year so that should help a bit. but its cyclical.
    I'm not sure how the Big 10 went downhill so quickly. Just a few short years ago it was a legitimate debate about which conference was better the SEC or the Big 10. Now the debate is whether or not the Big 10 is as good as some of the mid-majors. Only the most die-hard of Big 10 homers would argue the conference is competitive with the other major conferences right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Tell me, Why do I like you again?

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    I'm not sure how the Big 10 went downhill so quickly. Just a few short years ago it was a legitimate debate about which conference was better the SEC or the Big 10. Now the debate is whether or not the Big 10 is as good as some of the mid-majors. Only the most die-hard of Big 10 homers would argue the conference is competitive with the other major conferences right now.
    1-Barry Alverez leaving wisky really hurt. He was the best coach in the conference arguably and really put wisconsin on the map. The current coach has the program kinda going downhill IMO.

2-Jim Tressel has lost his magic kinda. It has really started to show in the last 2 years. He just cant decide if he wants to run a pro-style or the spread...and its hurting the team performance.

3-Lloyd Carr and his ENTIRE staff (minus the RB coach) leaving destroyed Michigan. That along with the bumbling of finding a new coach (the les miles, jon gruden, greg shiano, richrod mess) killed the recruiting class of 2008. The 2008 class also has only 10 players left on the team from freak injuries and attrition...out of over 25 players.

4-Most of the lower tier teams (Northwestern, Iowa, PSU, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota) got better over the last 4 years...PSU was a joke, then in 2005 they became legit again. Iowa was never that great, then ferentz somehow got them going, Zook made illinois a team that can beat anyone in the conference (they are like the trap game all of the time in the conference) even tho they still arent great. Northwestern was resurrected by randy walker (RIP) and his successor kept them going. Indiana was becoming decent until their coach died. And Purdue is better now. So those teams started to win a game or 2 a year against the big dogs (OSU, Wisky, Michigan).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4745381

maybe it is getting a little steam

Edit: mizzou apparently is open to the idea.

I love the deluded athletic director from Michigan State who says, "The Big 10 is still the nation's premiere conference."

He says it with all the conviction of an "As Seen on TV" infomercial hawker.

+ Reply to Thread