+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Odds of us moving out of the first round?

Default Odds of us moving out of the first round?

any chance that we try to get even more picks and move out of the first round? I wouldnt think it would be likely but i guess it depends on how the draft goes in respect to our value board
    Be attending all 10 titans home games this year, that is NOT including the preseason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBDC...ayer_embedded#!

I don't see the Titans doing it to get more picks for this year. The Titans are already in one of the best situations with so few holes for the 2009 season. I could see them trading down in one of the rounds because of value or future picks. I think with how few holes we have, and our extra picks to spend, that we are in a great position to trade up . Granted we can't spend our comp picks but those comp picks provide us the ability to trade our normal 4 picks in those same 4 rounds, which are of higher value than the comp picks anyways.
    Last edited by PBV; 04-17-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    "Don't forget that little emotions are the great captains of our lives."
    -Vincent Van Gogh

3. 2 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (04-17-2009), Rolltide14TOMB (04-17-2009)

Teams that move down usually are the ones who draft early. I'm sure every team would love to have an extra first rounder but I'm not sure how much value we'd receive for a pick near the end of the round.

I'd bet if their is a team picking early 2nd round and feels that a team between the Titan's 30th pick and their's that might draft a player they want, then they'll pull the trigger on a trade to get their guy easy.

6. The following user likes this post:

Rolltide14TOMB (04-18-2009)

yeah dakid thats what i was thinking as well...i mean id would love to leave the first round with 1) Hayward-Bey 2) Harvin 3)Alphonso Smith....but if one of those 3 isnt there then eh....lets pursue a trade...
    Dream world for me would be to trade up for macklin
    Be attending all 10 titans home games this year, that is NOT including the preseason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBDC...ayer_embedded#!

1-30-30 Tennessee (Worth 620 points)
    2-30-62 Tennessee (Worth 284 points)
    3-30-94 Tennessee (Worth 124 points)
    4-30-130 Tennessee (Worth 42 points)
    4-35-135 Tennessee* (Non tradable Comp pick)
    5-37-173 Tennessee* (Non tradable Comp pick)
    6-30-203 Tennessee (Worth 11.2 points)
    6-33-206 Tennessee* (Non tradable Comp pick)
    7-30-239 Tennessee (Worth 1.5 points)
    7-33-242 Tennessee* (Non tradable Comp pick)

Total worth of our 6 tradable picks for 2009 = 1,082.7 points

We could package all our picks and move up as far as the 15th overall pick and still have our 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round Comp picks. Of course we could also trade players or future picks to move up even farther. I doubt we trade any significant future picks (1-4), because of the 30+ FA's we will have in the next 2 offseasons, many of whom are current starters.

We could trade our 6th pick and move up in round four by about 9 spots.
    Or we could trade our 4th pick and move up in round three by about 9 spots.
    Or we could trade our 3rd pick and move up in round two by about 12 spots.
    Or we could trade our 2nd pick and move up in round one to the 18th pick overall.

The only way I see us trading down, is if someone comes to us with multiple 2nd or 3rd round picks. I don't see us having much use out of more 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th round picks in 2009. There won't be many roster spots, so draft picks would be getting cut in camp.
    "Don't forget that little emotions are the great captains of our lives."
    -Vincent Van Gogh

9. The following user likes this post:

Rolltide14TOMB (04-18-2009)

actually i think we will draft kenny britt

+ Reply to Thread