+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: NCAA to give report on USC Thursday.

Default NCAA to give report on USC Thursday.

OK, The report is suppose to come out Thursday and USC has already setup for a news confrence to address the report. So it's might finally happen.

What is your feelings or hopes that comes from the reports that happens to the USC program.

I hope they drop the hammer on them, death penalty would make me happy but never will happen. I say they lose scholarships and get banded from post season bowls and tournaments.

2. The following user likes this post:

Comar (06-09-2010)

I see no point in hurting the kids that are there following the rules. The rule violations are in the past so no future bowl games should be part of the penalty. I know I'll be in the minority here seeing as there is a lot of hatred for USC here.

I think they should lose scholarships for both football and basketball and some other sanctions should be imposed.

I'll feel bad for the kids that are there now, but I hope Lane gets everything he deserves.

That being said, I still miss the guy. I think I might have had a "man-crush".
    Part of you was part of him, and will be forever. You're in both worlds, and that makes you special.

5. The following user likes this post:

TTP77 (06-09-2010)

Just saw on ESPN:

Forfeiture of wins from 2004 season

Scholarship reduction

AND

2 YEAR POST SEASON BAN!!!!!!!!!

I for one never thought this day would come. They have finally got what has been coming to them.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

Hahahaha!

Suck it Lame!
    It's Always Something...

Quote Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
    I see no point in hurting the kids that are there following the rules. The rule violations are in the past so no future bowl games should be part of the penalty. I know I'll be in the minority here seeing as there is a lot of hatred for USC here.

I think they should lose scholarships for both football and basketball and some other sanctions should be imposed.
    There may be some truth to the theory that many would love to see a harsh penalty because they hate USC so much, I don't believe that's the full story. I think people are more worried the NCAA will show favortism to USC vs. penalties handed out in the past for the same level of violations. Yes, it sucks to be the kids currently attending USC to deal with the university's past sins, but posseason bans, loss of television appearances, and reduction of scholarships are the only effective punishments at the NCAA's disposal and would be in line with past cases of similar violations.

As long as USC doesn't lose television appearances I don't think it will really hurt them. The national tv exposure is what the kids are worried about. Keeping their tv appearances and losing bowl games seems a lot fairer for the kids that are there since this directly effects their future.

Someone on twitter asked if there was an open job Lane Kiffin could bolt to....

If that's all they are getting they got off real light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    If that's all they are getting they got off real light.
    Out of curiosity, how do these punishments compare to what Alabama has received in the last decade?

Worse
    Last edited by Jones31; 06-10-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
    As long as USC doesn't lose television appearances I don't think it will really hurt them. The national tv exposure is what the kids are worried about. Keeping their tv appearances and losing bowl games seems a lot fairer for the kids that are there since this directly effects their future.
    On the subject of the players....

I believe kids who join a program that falls under sanctions that didn't occur when they were there should be able to leave the university without penalty. This could be just as harsh (if not worse) punishment for the school than losing incoming freshmen who may or may not work out anyway. Let's say you're one of these kids Kiffin took with him from Tennessee. Those guys should be able to enroll elsewhere, or even a kid who played last year for Carroll but had no part in the improprieties.

Lane and Ed move back to USC and guess what, they were part of the whole issue back during their first stops at USC. It's usually a new coach taking over a trouble team that gets stuck with the punishments not of he fault, but this time the new coach was part of the problem...LOL!!

16. The following user likes this post:

TitansGiantsBears (06-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do these punishments compare to what Alabama has received in the last decade?
    Bama really took a step back when it lost it's scholarships and took years to get back to it's winning ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dakid View Post
    Bama really took a step back when it lost it's scholarships and took years to get back to it's winning ways.
    USC might be in the same boat, especially if the Pac-10 expands as predicted. USC will no longer be top dog in the conference.

The report is 67 pages long wow

Statement from Reggie Bush

"I have a great love for the University of Southern California and I very much regret the turn that this matter has taken, not only for USC, but for the fans and players. I am disappointed by today's decision and disagree with the NCAA's findings. If the University decides to appeal, I will continue to cooperate with the NCAA and USC, as I did during the investigation. In the meantime, I will continue to focus on making a positive impact for the University and for the community where I live."

Wow these sanctions are crazy....

JeromeSolomon

30 scholarship losses for USC - 10 per year for three years.

WindyCityScribe

"From December 2004 through March 2009, the institution exhibited a lack of control over its department of athletics..."

Ruh roh....

WindyCityScribe

USC running backs coach Todd McNair is nailed for his knowledge. The NCAA also says McNair tried to deceive them about that knowledge.

BFeldmanESPN

#USC must vacate the 2004 BCS title game, all of 2005 season and will be reduced to 75 scholarships over a three-year span
    Last edited by TTP77; 06-10-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Too bad they can't punish Tim Floyd and Pete Carroll for their role in all of this. It sucks that the players and coaches involved with all of this get to keep doing what they are doing while the place they left suffers.

I didn't realize that the women's tennis team had a big problem as well, using the university phones for free long distance calls.

Last edited by TTP77; 06-10-2010 at 02:29 PM.

24. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (06-10-2010)

+ Reply to Thread