+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let the hate begin - Holt signs with Jags

Quote Originally Posted by Red Birds View Post
    I'd rather pay one of the incoming rookies (Harvin, Nix, Hayward-Bay) that kind of money rather than paying Holt. I really wanted Holt and think he could have helped us but lets spend that money on a WR going into their prime that is young rather than Holt who is past his prime.
    The problem is there is not guarantee they will go after a 1st or 2nd round top prospect....even when there is a need

even when there is a need
    i would say...luxury not need...we Know we can be 13-3 good with the receivers we have...i would say NEED may be corner or d-line so we can maintain our defense. cause we are gonna have to make up for losing albert...we can draft some awesome receiver but if harper sucks and we struggle stopping the run we aint gonna win the championship...im thinking a Gage, washington, and if one other guy steps up like Hawk we may actually be better here than we think...although i wont cry if we draft a receiver...but im gonna have concerns about how jason jones steps in against the run on a consistent basis...i dont worry about him in passing downs but im slightly worried about our run defense slipping...and if thats the case we will have to leave our corners on islands more often and i dont want harper being exploited...plus we cant really afford to have a 1st pick receiver bust...we seem to have more success drafting defensive players early in the draft except for woolfolk and PAC (he wasnt a bad read on talent just behavior)
    Be attending all 10 titans home games this year, that is NOT including the preseason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBDC...ayer_embedded#!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide14TOMB View Post
    luxury not need...we Know we can be 13-3 good with the receivers we have...
    I think if anything last year proved what happens when you finally have offensive playmakers....Our D-line has been consistently good....and we were a middling team the two years prior

When we got CJ you saw the big bump

agreed...and we still have CJ...but our dline has consitently had haynesworth...you cant just take it for granted...what about those years with Volek and Bennett when we were putting up huge Offense but couldnt stop anybody? the wins resurfaced when the D resurfaced
    Be attending all 10 titans home games this year, that is NOT including the preseason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBDC...ayer_embedded#!

if Big Ben was our QB you think our receivers would be better? i do...however if the steelers had kerry who is immobile we would never know how good santanio was...i dont think we will ever win the super bowl until we get a top of the line quarterback...big ben, Eli, peyton, ben, brady, brady...etc you have to go back pretty far to find brad johnson

I just think that we still have some talent on the d-line....but to rely solely on CJ for offense is suicide if he goes down (like in the playoffs)...If there were a d-line playmaker on the board at that point I would be ok with it....but just like it doesn't make sense to reach for a WR in round 1 as we keep hearing....I think finally we have a year where we would be getting value on offense.....but I'm still not sure if the Titans will go for it....I think with a bit more offense next year....Kerry can spread the ball around...

7. The following user likes this post:

Rolltide14TOMB (04-20-2009)

i think the jags are thin and desparate enough at wr he saw a greater chance to be the primary wr for awhile.
    if the jags dont draft a wr early then one wonders if they told him they wouldnt to show their support for his being the primary wr/

of course the big question is can he handle that kind of work load after starting to have knee issues.

he might have better success with the titans but not as much chance to pad his stats.

as for harvin after what was said on 104.5 this morning no way do i want him.
    frankly some of it made him sound like another potential problem child.
    with the motivational issues and he has a bad news posse that follows him around.

So the real question now is, do the Jags still draft Maclin if he's there at 8?

I don't know what their primary needs are, but I think they'd do it.

Basically the AFC South is going to run the NFL in my opinion...
    Go Beavs. Go Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxin' View Post

really they have needs all over the place including the oline and the defense.

Holt or no Holt.... they are still the little jaggies.
    A good dog is not easily ruined

I would love for the Titans to have signed Holt, but I wouldn't have thrown that kind of money at him. As I said on another post, there's a fine line between overpaying and astute fiscal management. $20 to Holt for three years wasn't right for the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxin' View Post

ill be sick if they draft Mark Sanchez like some people are predicting.

I don't see the Jags drafting a QB that high. They already have a lot of money tied up in that position with Garrard and Lemons. I think they could still draft a WR though.

well we get two games to see how smart we were to not sign him, or how dumb we were to not sign him

This makes sense for them. The Hefty Lefty reportedly showed up to camp at the same weight he played at in High School. They wont draft a QB. They'll likely grab one more FA WR and if Crabtree is there when they pick, they probably trade it and get help where they need it. As was stated , this makes the draft a lot more interesting.

Only 4 mil of that money was guaranteed, I don't think any one in the Jags F.O. believes he lasts 3 years in this hard hitting division at his age. If he goes one good year and they make the playoffs they will be happy. People are trying to save their jobs

What does Gary Coleman have to do with Hags/Holt??????
    Welcome to the Suck

I'd rather them draft Sanchez than a receiver or Raji

At least Sanchez will ride the bench and not have an impact

i would draft sanchez in the second round. i think that he has what it takes to be a great QB in this league, and i really, really like him, i like his personality, and he has great skills, however, i don't think that he is a first round pick! use the first round pick on harvin! WE HAVE TO ADDRESS RECIEVER, HAVE TO, AND WE NEED TO DO IT QUICK!
    please front office, draft julio jones!!!!!

21. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (04-21-2009)

John David Booty ( 3 names ..serial killer in the making? ) started over Sanchez and he went in the 5th round last year ...

/end Sanchez talk

23. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (04-21-2009)

+ Reply to Thread