+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dillusional Longhorn/VY Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
    Being a Giants fan also I know a little about Collins.
    I knew I liked you!

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    I knew I liked you!
    I used to live in New York and became of fan when I was up there during the 80s and 90s. Since the Giants are NFC and the Oilers (now Texans) are AFC I had no problem rooting for both. Of course the Oilers (now Texans) were always my #1 team since my roots are in Texas. Though I admit I haven't missed a Giants game in 3 seasons.

So I assume you are a Bears fan also?

I used to live in New York and became of fan when I was up there during the 80s and 90s. Since the Giants are NFC and the Oilers (now Texans) are AFC I had no problem rooting for both. Of course the Oilers (now Texans) were always my #1 team since my roots are in Texas. Though I admit I haven't missed a Giants game in 3 seasons.

So I assume you are a Bears fan also?
    Not really. I was just rooting for them because a player I know played for them a few years back. However, people here know me under the TGB name so I brought it over from the old board.

the Oilers (now Texans)
    What's wrong with this picture?

. Since the Giants are NFC and the Oilers (now Texans) are AFC I had no problem rooting for both. Of course the Oilers (now Texans)
    Note: The Texans are not the Oilers evolutioned.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Quote Originally Posted by titansikou View Post
    What's wrong with this picture?
    Nothing, if taken in its proper context. The poster isn't saying that the Oilers became the Texans. He or she is saying his/her favorite team used to be the Oilers and now is the Texans because his/her roots are in Texas.

7. The following user likes this post:

Jones31 (05-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    Nothing, if taken in its proper context. The poster isn't saying that the Oilers became the Texans. He or she is saying his/her favorite team used to be the Oilers and now is the Texans because his/her roots are in Texas.

Say what?
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

TitansGiantsBears i have been meaning to ask you...how in the world does one become a fan of chicago, New York, and Tennessee? Thats like me being TideIrishHoosiers
    Be attending all 10 titans home games this year, that is NOT including the preseason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBDC...ayer_embedded#!

Orca is offline Nam Sybillam quidem Cumis... Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute

TGB is obviously cosmopolitan, like Orca...

"In war there is no substitute for victory"

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    TGB is obviously cosmopolitan, like Orca...

Then you two should take a laxative.

12. 2 Users Liked This Post

JimOkc (05-03-2009), Orca (05-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post

Say what?
    Means he was an Oilers fan.....is now a Texans fan.
    Welcome to the Suck

Orca is offline Nam Sybillam quidem Cumis... Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Old Oilers Fan View Post
    Then you two should take a laxative.
    This is not the first time that Orca has been told he is full of it!

"In war there is no substitute for victory"

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    Means he was an Oilers fan.....is now a Texans fan.

My case it's a similar one. Only that I choose to become a Titans fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide14TOMB View Post
    TitansGiantsBears i have been meaning to ask you...how in the world does one become a fan of chicago, New York, and Tennessee? Thats like me being TideIrishHoosiers
    Actually, I'm a fan of only two teams... The Giants whom I've followed since before their first Super Bowl win. They will always be my first love in the NFL but the Titans aren't far behind. Living here in the Nashville area, it's much easier to follow the Titans than the Giants.

I moved to Tennessee during the time the city was voting on whether or not to allow an NFL team to come here. It's hard to go to rallies, talk to friends and neighbors about the pros of having a team, etc, and not be a fan. I didn't even realize I'd become a fan until the year the team played at Vandy. I went to a few games that year, but it was at the Jets game that I stood up and cheered when a play was made behind the line. I realized, "Oh crap! I've become a fan of this team!" I actually targeted the Jets game just to see Parcells and to see Jumbo Elliott play.

The Bears part of it was in support of a player that I know from back home that used to play for them but no longer does. I toyed with the idea of dropping the Bears altogether on this new board but people here know me as TGB so I went with it.

VY does have and will have several chances to prove himself.

Pre-Season

and im pretty sure in a game or two next season he will see some garbage time.

and i think in atleast a game maybe 2 during pre season, he will get to play with the first string offense to see how well he will fair.

+ Reply to Thread