+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Favre...Here we go again? Or not

If he wants to come back and can still play, I see no problem with it. In fact, I would enjoy watching him stick it to Green Bay. I can't blame him for wanting to do that. However, I can imagine a day when Brett QB's the Brunswick Fire NFL expansion franchise in 2056. At that time the frozen head of John Madden will provide play-by-play for all the Fire's games, a la Futurama. The only "problem" I have is ESPN covering every fart that proceeds from the man's butt like it's a major news story.

2. 3 Users Liked This Post

BoroTitan (05-06-2009), GoPats (05-11-2009), Yvette (05-09-2009)

I wonder how long until Madden rethinks his retirement?
    A good dog is not easily ruined

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    If he wants to come back and can still play, I see no problem with it. In fact, I would enjoy watching him stick it to Green Bay. I can't blame him for wanting to do that. However, I can imagine a day when Brett QB's the Brunswick Fire NFL expansion franchise in 2056. At that time the frozen head of John Madden will provide play-by-play for all the Fire's games, a la Futurama. The only "problem" I have is ESPN covering every fart that proceeds from the man's butt like it's a major news story.
    wow

You should hear the bitching up here from all the Packer fans up here. It's comical...

6. The following user likes this post:

nikki32 (05-06-2009)

In like a two year olds mofo fantasy where like winnie the pooh has no poo = Favre. grow up. you and lance armstrong USED to be heros of mine until midlife ridiculous I donna wanna grow up and accept the fact that Megan Fox won't even look at me much less sleep with me crisis...grow up...move on...hence the movement. we are moving on...why can't you? cash in on all of your previous fame and move on...
    RIP Leslie Nielsen. You were funny!

I hope he comes back. Love watching him play. The drama is secondary and I could care less.

Watching Favre meltdowns/highlights > watching Tavarous Jackson try to throw a football.

NFC North = Cutler/Vandy North, Favre/Peterson, Swartzy attempting to turn around the worst NFL team in history, bitter cheese head nation

I'm loving that division if this happens

9. The following user likes this post:

TitansGiantsBears (05-07-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I hope he comes back. Love watching him play. The drama is secondary and I could care less.

Watching Favre meltdowns/highlights > watching Tavarous Jackson try to throw a football.

NFC North = Cutler/Vandy North, Favre/Peterson, Swartzy attempting to turn around the worst NFL team in history, bitter cheese head nation

Go Bears!!

Brett Favre reportedly told commissioner Roger Goodell last summer that Packers GM Ted Thompson doesn't want Favre playing for the Vikings because "he knows I'll kick his a** twice a year."

So the reports about Favre's motivation for returning are true? Favre's conversation with Goodell took place when he applied for reinstatement, hoping to be released by the Packers so he could join the Vikings. At this point, there's no doubt that Favre has a desire to come back to play. It's up to his throwing arm to cooperate.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/Home_NFL.aspx?rwr=1

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post

thats my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by BoroTitan View Post
    i for one wouldnt mind seeing some more favre magic

its gotta be better than watching some tavaris jackson magic

15. 2 Users Liked This Post

nikki32 (06-22-2009), Nintova (05-28-2009)

"I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail,"

Quote of the year!!

Not much of a Fran fan ( I don't think he belongs in the HOF . . . ) but gotta love a straight talker who is passionate about his team and it's dealings.

Profootballtalk.com "caught wind of a tip" Sunday morning that free agent Brett Favre may secretly already have signed with the Vikings.

PFT then tried confirming it with a source who knows the situation for sure, and that person said only, "I will not deny it...I will leave it at that." It's possible Favre has already signed, but the Vikings are waiting to submit the contract to the NFL office. PFT also passes along another rumor that Reebok has already green-lighted the production of Vikings' No. 4 jerseys.
    Source: Profootballtalk.com

lol ^ "secretly signed"
    Go Beavs. Go Titans.

I read somewhere in the last week or so, that his wife booked a gazillion rooms for Nov. 1, Vikes @ Pack.

I feel like I'm watching a train wreck... if he loses one more playoff game I'm gonna curl into the fetal position for him.

21. The following user likes this post:

nikki32 (06-22-2009)

If he loses one more playoff game, I'm going to jump for joy.
    Welcome to the Suck

Farve news is no. 2 on my list of boring football news, no. 1 is VY news. Farve is competing for no.1 though.

24. The following user likes this post:

TitansGiantsBears (06-22-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    I read somewhere in the last week or so, that his wife booked a gazillion rooms for Nov. 1, Vikes @ Pack.

I feel like I'm watching a train wreck... if he loses one more playoff game I'm gonna curl into the fetal position for him.
    Don't twist yourself into a pretzel because some "over the hill with amazing skills QB" doesn't know when to quit. I think he will figure it out on the field. In fact, I hope he does. Thank you again for this board.

If (a very big if) Favre goes to Minnesota and wins a Super Bowl those Viking fans that are now screaming bloody murder will bruise their knees in adoration.

+ Reply to Thread