+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blaine Gabbert

Default Blaine Gabbert

This is the official draft Blaine Gabbert thread.

Great size at 6' 5" and 235-240 pounds.

Nice stats the past two seasons in the Big XII.

2009: 262 - 445, 3,593 yards, 24 TD's, 9 INT's and a 140.45 QB Rating.
    2010: 301 - 475, 3,186 yards, 16 TD's, 9 INT's and a 127.03 QB Rating.

Total: 563 - 920, 6,779 yards, 40 TD's, 18 INT's and an average QB rating of 133.74.

No negative off-field issues (that I'm aware of).

I think this kid has the potential to be the franchise QB we need.

I just hope he falls to us at 8.

With the Panthers, Bills, Bengals, Cardinals and 49ers ahead of us, all of them could use a QB.

I'm on the Gabbert band-wagon from here on out and will be cheering for him to be the next Titans QB.

It's Always Something...

No thanks.

There is no QB in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick. I'll be extremely upset if we don't go defense or BPA (if someone like Green is still available).
    Something, something and a little more something.

3. 3 Users Liked This Post

BoroTitan (02-28-2011), TitansGiantsBears (02-28-2011), TitansJonne (04-22-2011)

Then I hope you end up extremely upset.
    It's Always Something...

Does that mean you're hoping the Titans draft either Mallett or Newton? *shudders*

Gabbert will be gone in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
    Gabbert will be gone in the top 5.
    You hush with that...
    It's Always Something...

I've been doing some reading on Gabbert and watching some video. The kid has a great mind and apparently can grasp an offense pretty quickly. He seems to have "it" between the ears. Watching film though I see a few problems. He has a tendency to run in panic sometimes. I saw several instances where he ran (often not securing the football) when he could have stayed in the pocket. He also threw off his back foot alot, especially for highlight videos (5 of 14 throws on one video). Granted, both of these are coachable offenses. He looks great when he throws with form and steps into his throw though. I'm not sure about his footwork since he operated out of the gun, but it's said that he's worked with someone since high school on taking snaps from under center. I wouldn't be disappointed if the Titans take him but there are players I'd rather see in blue and white, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

Kaepernick in the 2nd. Period
    I Go By My Own Rules.Nobody Else's.Not Even My Own.

9. The following user likes this post:

Aaron3322 (04-22-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    Kaepernick in the 2nd. Period
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ7xfvFgZ1E

Measurables and tests are great but I watched Kaepernick in person at the Senior Bowl and he did very poorly. He looked very skiddish and unsure of himself. Showed absolutely no confidence in his ability which I was looking forward to seeing because i'd heard such good things about him going into it. I know that game doesn't make or break a guy, but it does tell me he's a serious project. I think he needs at least 2 years of sitting on the bench and even then i think it'll be another year before he really starts to show what he's got. But then again none of these guys are really ready to start day 1.

I'll have to see him (Kaepernick) play in the NFL before I ever have any faith in him. I saw him in person here in Boise and on tv a bunch. His offense didn't help my opinion of him but even when a pass play was called he'd be off running at the first sign of pressure. I hated when Boise State played them because his speed and that offense was a pain to defend in college but in the NFL he becomes a much slower player (aka the defenses are much faster and agile at each and every position).

I honestly think Locker is a better prospect than him and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows how much I dislike Locker (as a player).

+ Reply to Thread