+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coming home to TN!

Quote Originally Posted by somenavyguy View Post
    Sorry for the delay I just got off a boat det on the Stennis. Internet for the air wing isn't good enough to get on here. I'll be there for the draft party can't wait to see you guys. I'm getting laid off I'd def stay in and finish out my other 10 years. I'd get a retirement check at 38 I'd be dumb to get out. I will find out by october but it's not my choice.
    OK I thought you had more smarts than that. That is strange that they are laying you off. You would think that they ask for volunteers or did they do that already?

and yes if you saw the news about the USS Stennis last week I was 30 ft away. It sucked. lol

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat...,7634937.story
    I heard about that.
    Welcome to the Suck

It's a system they came up with and are going by jobs. Mine being an Airframer (Aircraft Hydraulics and Structral repair) has no opening so they are letting everyone go until they reach a certain quota. We are allowed to finish our current contrat but no allowed to reenlist. So far everyone in the years above and below me are being let go. There's still hope but it's not high. Just a wait and see thing that none of us have any control over.
    If its Fast its Fun. If its Fun its Expensive. If its Expensive its usualy a Car or a Girl!

It's a system they came up with and are going by jobs. Mine being an Airframer (Aircraft Hydraulics and Structral repair) has no opening so they are letting everyone go until they reach a certain quota. We are allowed to finish our current contrat but no allowed to reenlist. So far everyone in the years above and below me are being let go. There's still hope but it's not high. Just a wait and see thing that none of us have any control over.
    You don't have the option of changing your MOS? I heard the Air Force is doing the same thing but give a option of "Blue to Green" (Air Force turning Army).

Army is doing the same thing. They are revamping retention control points for promotions as their excuse.
    Welcome to the Suck

Some jobs have the option to cross rate or MOS change some don't. Just so happens my job is over populated so I'm not getting the option. It's possible I can go Army there is the blue to gree for Navy to Army but it's been closing up in recent years. It's an option to look at. Maybe I can get lucky and get Fort Campbell.
    If its Fast its Fun. If its Fun its Expensive. If its Expensive its usualy a Car or a Girl!

7. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (04-09-2011)

Plane landed at 9:30 last night. It's so nice to be home in Tennessee!!!

9. 3 Users Liked This Post

kytitansfan1 (04-21-2011), Yvette (04-22-2011), zonian (04-21-2011)

Some jobs have the option to cross rate or MOS change some don't. Just so happens my job is over populated so I'm not getting the option. It's possible I can go Army there is the blue to gree for Navy to Army but it's been closing up in recent years. It's an option to look at. Maybe I can get lucky and get Fort Campbell.
    This is the reason i did not appeal my discharge. They told me there aren't alot of job openings so they would most likely deny me. Glad your back in Tennessee mate. Enjoy it, im sure the feeling of touching down was almost surreal for you.
    I Go By My Own Rules.Nobody Else's.Not Even My Own.

+ Reply to Thread