+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Titans Tailgate --riot-- League (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    Picking CJ #1 hasn't helped at all. Injuries to two of my top receivers has hurt as well. But it's a long season, and anything can happen.
    I feel your pain, I picked him #3 overall in another league I have and I'm 1-2 in it. Not having a big time stud RB hurts a lot. Darren McFadden is running like a mack truck right now though, I had a feeling he was gonna have a huge year.

I need a WR, any offers?
    It's Always Something...

I need to speak to 309ers's owner...I want to know details, because CJ is not the only issue there.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

4. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (10-11-2011)

I almost won this week...

I have a killer team in another league where I am 4-1 thanks to Brady, Welker, and Forte. I am 3-1-1 in a third league. This one just isn't working out for me.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Lol sorry 309. i really needed that win.

7. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (10-11-2011)

I almost won this week...

This one just isn't working out for me.
    It worked out for you well the last 3 years.

I demand you make a comeback in the W-L record.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

9. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (12-05-2011)

Apparently Calvin Johnson and Brian Urlacher can't make up a 90 point deficit.... who knew?

(I was however, beaten by Mike Vick and Keiland Williams last year when i was beating the guy 120-60... Vick had 50 pts by himself and Williams had 30. I still can't get over that one, WTF?!!!)

Missing the draft this year hurt me a lot. That combined with time restrictions has me sitting in the middle of the pack.
    Something, something and a little more something.

I still need a WR
    It's Always Something...

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan23 View Post
    I still need a WR
    Lets see if we can't get something done here...

I finally won! However, it feels cheap because my opponent didn't replace his QB that had a bye.

I finally won! However, it feels cheap because my opponent didn't replace his QB that had a bye.
    Your opponent whooped my rear, 3, maybe 4 years ago with 4 players on a bye week. I cannot tell you how frustrated and bullied I felt.

16. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (10-17-2011)

Two wins in a row! Maybe my season isn't over, after all.

18. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (10-26-2011)

Congrats to the teams who are finding ways to come-back, and be more competitive. All of you are very experienced FF owners after all. Keep that pace.

In other news, there's a deep withrawall in the F.A. pool. It seems that at some positions, there aren't even sleepers to count on...specially in the RB department.

I am a believer that this is one of many consequences about that long term, lock-out. Many players around the league had shown bad preparation, and lousy professionalism. I say that since they are pro-players and it should be their sole responsability to keep themselves in the best shape possible, in a lock-out situation or not. (mentally and phisically).

Anyways, that has involved a strange ingredient week in and week out.

This is why I don't like having a 4 person limit on adds per week...

3 RB's are on bye, my kicker and my D. I have added another RB, a new kicker and a new D. Then I added a different WR because my others had Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow throwing to them. Now if any of my starters gets hurt during the week I'm completely screwed and have no option to add anyone else.

I knew this thing would be a problem and really don't see any reason for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    This is why I don't like having a 4 person limit on adds per week...

3 RB's are on bye, my kicker and my D. I have added another RB, a new kicker and a new D. Then I added a different WR because my others had Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow throwing to them. Now if any of my starters gets hurt during the week I'm completely screwed and have no option to add anyone else.

I knew this thing would be a problem and really don't see any reason for it...
    Here is when the bye weeks had to be checked out, during or just when the draft ends, to avoid this type of issues.

I had to drop mark Sanchez for that same reason, he was having the bye-week exactly at week 8, which is the same one Aaron Rodgers has.

To keep from unnesesary yanks, I will change the number of players to 7...hope it helps.

22. The following user likes this post:

TitansFan23 (10-28-2011)

Its not just bye weeks though, you have to think about injuries, trades, everything. Appreciate the change since mark ingram is out this week almost for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Its not just bye weeks though, you have to think about injuries, trades, everything. Appreciate the change since mark ingram is out this week almost for sure.
    I understand. The only thing that I don't understand is that since many categories are already default set-ups, why nobody takes a look at them before the season starts, so we can all be on the same page. It's my utmost interest to keep this League as nice and competitive to everyone.

When I looked at the default set-ups which didn't suffer changes (just like this one) I thought "Up to 4 changes per week....ok. LEts see what everybody thinks about this point" Nobody said nothing about it, but Maximus until week 1 or 2. Nobody answered or backed up his suggestion, so that for me means that the majority is on agreement as leaving it as it is.

I would appreciate everybody to check all settings before the season starts. I can't go ahead and change a setting just because 1 or 2 people agree or disagree. This Leqague is made by everyone and everybody's opinion counts. Majority wins.

Now SEVEN players can be taken week after week. But this is the last time I change something because the minority agrees. I do not like that.

Hope it helps.

26. The following user likes this post:

Comar (11-06-2011)

Thanks for up'ing it to 7. I lost a game earlier this season, made the mistake of maxing out all four moves then realizing both my QBs had a bye. Had to play without a QB. I could of picked up Alex smith or Painter and won.

Bugs like this happen. 4 seemed like enough, but wasn't. No biggie, our league still rocks. Other than that, the waivers are working great. I'm glad we are using this system, and the fractional scoring. A lot of strong play from our league members this season too. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by PBV; 11-06-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    "Don't forget that little emotions are the great captains of our lives."
    -Vincent Van Gogh

28. The following user likes this post:

Comar (11-06-2011)

+ Reply to Thread