+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30
1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Get CJ Signed.

Lightbulb Get CJ Signed.

Get him signed, go public with the offer then see who we back. Do some freckin thing!

2. 3 Users Liked This Post

Sect309Fan (08-02-2011), SouthSide Titan (08-03-2011), TitansJonne (08-02-2011)

I understand the upper brass whats to say hey your under contract get here and we'll work it out so they still feel in control but this is the best RB in the league. Yes over AP even. Off him The deal the man deserves
    If its Fast its Fun. If its Fun its Expensive. If its Expensive its usualy a Car or a Girl!

I'm afraid the longer they drag this out, the less likely he will want to stay long term. Don't play around - get him signed.

5. The following user likes this post:

JimOkc (08-02-2011)

That's what I'm saying. Give his the big deal and lock him up. You do another one of those advances and next year CJ will be gone to another team. Quit being cheap for the love of god!
    I Go By My Own Rules.Nobody Else's.Not Even My Own.

Few players are gifted to play this sport. CJ has shown that he is one future HOFer, and his abilities are great.

I am also really hoping that Reindfelt signs him soon.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

8. The following user likes this post:

JimOkc (08-02-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Give his the big deal and lock him up. You do another one of those advances and next year CJ will be gone to another team. Quit being cheap for the love of god!
    That was a one-time situation last year Any new contract at this point will be a long term deal.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Pay The Man!

MrBean is offline Anti-Lollipop Group Member MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute

I want him to get his contract too... but honestly, I am with the FO on this one. This is their leverage to get him into camp, and I am sorry, but with this shortened camp it's definitely one of the most important ones for everyone to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareTitans View Post
    I'm afraid the longer they drag this out, the less likely he will want to stay long term. Don't play around - get him signed.
    I'm not too worried about that. If/when they lock him up it should be for a long enough deal to cover the useful career of a top player. Besides once a deal is reached both sides willl play down any animosity. That said, I do want him in camp soon. There's just too much going on that's going to be new to him.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
    I want him to get his contract too... but honestly, I am with the FO on this one. This is their leverage to get him into camp, and I am sorry, but with this shortened camp it's definitely one of the most important ones for everyone to attend.
    If it is so important, why do the Titans not trying to do everything they can to get CJ there? All it takes is a few hours on the phone and maybe a few faxes to get this deal done. It's the complete (perceived) lack of effort on the front office part that really annoys Titans fans.

It would be one thing if the Titans presented CJ a reasonable offer and he refused it. There is no offer out there in the first place.

This game the FO is playing is going to be something they regret in the future.....on top of that they when they do make an offer it will probaly be the usual B.S. deal like last year.I have never seen a player of his caliber get low-balled like this.

Say whatever you want.Your actions let me know what you're about.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide Titan View Post
    This game the FO is playing is going to be something they regret in the future.....on top of that they when they do make an offer it will probaly be the usual B.S. deal like last year.I have never seen a player of his caliber get low-balled like this.
    I disagree with that. One, they haven't low-balled him at all. They just haven't started negotiations (as far as we know). Two, I fully expect a large 4 to 5 year contract with at least a $25 million signing bonus.

Last year was a very limiting year for CJ and the Titans. This year is not. And I would think both sides are well aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    I disagree with that. One, they haven't low-balled him at all. They just haven't started negotiations (as far as we know). Two, I fully expect a large 4 to 5 year contract with at least a $25 million signing bonus.

Last year was a very limiting year for CJ and the Titans. This year is not. And I would think both sides are well aware of that.
    As usual Sect you gave me some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping they will give him a long term deal with a better salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post

They were supposed to start negotiating September of last year. I can see where CJ would feel like this is his only option, since that did not happen. I am putting this squarely on Mike R's shoulders for taking this "we aren't going to negotiate until you are here" crap. He was here all last year, and while the deal couldn't be done until the CBA was signed, the bones of the deal could have been in place just waiting for the deal to be ratified.

MrBean is offline Anti-Lollipop Group Member MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HALL45ROX View Post
    They were supposed to start negotiating September of last year. I can see where CJ would feel like this is his only option, since that did not happen. I am putting this squarely on Mike R's shoulders for taking this "we aren't going to negotiate until you are here" crap. He was here all last year, and while the deal couldn't be done until the CBA was signed, the bones of the deal could have been in place just waiting for the deal to be ratified.

I disagree that they could work on it last year without a new CBA. They had no clue what the new CBA would hold.

19. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (08-03-2011)

I disagree that they could work on it last year without a new CBA. They had no clue what the new CBA would hold.
    You are correct, but they knew there was no deal in place when they made the promise to start negotiating and they didn't. This is the kind of **** that give the Titans a bad name, just remember this when they have trouble signing free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by HALL45ROX View Post
    You are correct, but they knew there was no deal in place when they made the promise to start negotiating and they didn't. This is the kind of **** that give the Titans a bad name, just remember this when they have trouble signing free agents.
    What promise to negotiate are you talking about? They upped his contract last year as much as they could under the last CBA.

What promise to negotiate are you talking about? They upped his contract last year as much as they could under the last CBA.
    With the promise to start negotiating on the new deal starting in September. BTW, I got this info from Jim Wyatt on the 104.5 yesterday (just so you know I am not just pulling this out of my butt).

23. The following user likes this post:

SouthSide Titan (08-03-2011)

Personally, I think drawn-out negotiations such as this give us a bad rep to players as well as their agents. Because of that I think it hurts our chances of signing some free agents and can leave a sour taste in some players mouths leading to them leaving Nashville once their contract is up.
    Christian Ponder, Miami Marlins, Miami Heat, Florida Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyd24 View Post
    Personally, I think drawn-out negotiations such as this give us a bad rep to players as well as their agents. Because of that I think it hurts our chances of signing some free agents and can leave a sour taste in some players mouths leading to them leaving Nashville once their contract is up.
    That's EXACTLY what's happening as we speak.Notice that you don't hear players saying "I would love to play in Tennessee." It's a reason for that. Who wants to come to an organization that negotiates the way our FO does?

+ Reply to Thread