+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Penn State scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    So you are essentially saying raping a child is OK if it's your friend committing the crime? That's pretty sick. All bets are off when it's both criminally and morally wrong.
    I never said it is ok. I am saying that the human instinct is to protect your friend than to protect an unknown person. These sports guys live and die for each other. "Code of honor" and "part of the team" mentality. They protect their own.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Insert sweep under the rug tactics. There is no help for people like that.
    Welcome to the Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    I am saying that the human instinct is to protect your friend than to protect an unknown person.
    That's where you are wrong. It's human instinct to protect children before others; it's Anthropology 101. Those bastards displayed their true character.

4. 3 Users Liked This Post

Jones31 (11-09-2011), TTP77 (11-11-2011), ZachLV27 (11-09-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Parddy View Post
    I think before it's all said and done, this complete story is going to be scarier and uglier than we can even imagine.
    Testimony is going to be far more in depth and brutal than the details we've read

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    That's where you are wrong. It's human instinct to protect children before others; it's Anthropology 101. Those bastards displayed their true character.
    Here is a good article supporting my point.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...y.html?hpid=z3

According to Lanning, who spent 35 years profiling pedophiles, a hallmark of “acquaintance molesters” is that they tend to be deeply trusted and even beloved. They are not strangers, but “one of us.” They are expert at seducing children and are almost as expert at seducing adults, including parents, into believing in them.

“It’s hard to identify those people close to you as a potential molester, because you know them so well,” Lanning says. No one wants to believe such a thing of a friend.

Denial is not human instinct, it's a response to instinct. Fight or flight. They all initially checked out, then they all made the same bad choices after that, based on their own selfish needs.

I comprehend all the explanations for their behavior, but it doesn't change their actions or the victim's lives. It doesn't inspire any sense of mercy on my part for the perps, and it's not mine to give anyway. They all perpetrated horrible crimes.

8. The following user likes this post:

SouthSide Titan (11-12-2011)

Penn State University President Graham Spanier will either resign or be voted out by the end of today, a source close to the board of trustees told The Express-Times.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brea...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    So you are essentially saying raping a child is OK if it's your friend committing the crime? That's pretty sick. All bets are off when it's both criminally and morally wrong.
    Before you ask, I'd rat out anyone for that, if I didn't drag them into the street first.
    To add to that it invoves children. While I don't think Paterno did anything wrong, he as well as others were wrong for just brushing the incident off and not reporting it to the Police.

Say whatever you want.Your actions let me know what you're about.

I don't care about the Seniors getting screwed out of senior day. This game on Saturday, especially with Paterno likely still there, needs to be cancelled.

Otherwise you will have 106,000 gathered for a support Joe Paterno pep rally, and the kids that went through this hell will go through it all over again.

Paterno resigns or is fired today, different story maybe.

But there is NOT a single person at PSU standing up to the football program right now. Paterno if frigging calling the shots, even around all of this mayhem. Its like he's basically the defacto university president and no one there has the power or balls to get him the hell out of there.

Someone, ANYONE with power, hell get the frigging NCAA President or Big Ten President (has he uttered a word either????) involved and stop this before we're all subjected to one of the worst displays you will ever see on TV in our lifetime.

If this goes through, I will never support NCAA athletics again. Not a single ****ing dime
    What a long strange trip it's been...

12. 2 Users Liked This Post

kytitansfan1 (11-09-2011), Yvette (11-10-2011)

He should be resigning right now, not at the end of this year...that is a joke
    Christian Ponder, Miami Marlins, Miami Heat, Florida Panthers

14. 2 Users Liked This Post

315 (11-10-2011), Yvette (11-10-2011)

Paterno has been fired.
    Welcome to the Suck

16. 5 Users Liked This Post

Parddy (11-10-2011), Titan723 (11-10-2011), Toronto (11-10-2011), TTP77 (11-11-2011), Yvette (11-10-2011)

bout time

18. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (11-10-2011)

This makes me ashamed to even say I'm a PSU fan...............Joe needs to go!!
    I have the right to remain silent, I just don't have the ability.

20. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (11-10-2011)

The rioting at Penn State is pathetic. All those "adults" that think they are standing up for Paterno are sad excuses for human beings that should be thinking about the kids that were wronged and not a football coach getting fired.
    Something, something and a little more something.

22. 5 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (11-10-2011), Parddy (11-10-2011), SouthSide Titan (11-12-2011), Toronto (11-10-2011), Yvette (11-10-2011)

Penn State University Radio reporting rumor that senior players will refuse to play Saturday in protest of Paterno’s firing…
    I want to punch some people.
    Something, something and a little more something.

24. 2 Users Liked This Post

Toronto (11-10-2011), Yvette (11-10-2011)

Penn State made their first correct decision in this whole mess in 9 years. Took them long enough.

26. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (11-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
    I want to punch some people.
    If this rumor protest is true it is very disgusting. If they go through with it and one day have children, I hope they look down at them and say wtf was I thinking.

28. 2 Users Liked This Post

315 (11-10-2011), Yvette (11-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Titan723 View Post
    If this rumor protest is true it is very disgusting. If they go through with it and one day have children, I hope they look down at them and say wtf was I thinking.
    They are thinking that they supporting their beloved coach in a difficult time. It's not like Paterno was the one having sex with kids.

Sandusky is the criminal here (and even that hasn't been proven in a court of a law). The Penn State adminstration that covered it up has a lot to blame as well. While Paterno isn't a victim, he sure isn't the horrible guy that some people are making him out to be.

They are thinking that they supporting their beloved coach in a difficult time. It's not like Paterno was the one having sex with kids.

Sandusky is the criminal here (and even that hasn't been proven in a court of a law). The Penn State adminstration that covered it up has a lot to blame as well. While Paterno isn't a victim, he sure isn't the horrible guy that some people are making him out to be.
    If you were the parent of that kid molested by Sandusky that Paterno chose to not go to the cops on, I'd bet anything you'd feel differently about Paterno not being a "horrible guy." He was and is morally bankrupt. All he gave a **** about was his legacy and his records. All Penn state officials cared about was not having this story come to the forefront and make the evening news. And BTW, Paterno may yet be subject to criminal charges, not to mention civil suits.

31. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (11-10-2011)

It's not like Paterno was the one having sex with kids.
    He's just the person who didn't care that children were being raped. His effort was minimal at best and only done to keep the status quo. I wanted to barf when he said in hindsight he should have done more. Why? Because he doesn't like the price he's paying now? I doubt he spoke with any of the victims and has regrets because of them. It's all about how it has affected him. POS!

+ Reply to Thread