+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: BCS Bowl bids (projected)

Default BCS Bowl bids (projected)

There are 10 BCS bowl bids each year. Here are my predictions for the teams.

Automatic bids - SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, ACC, Pac-10

Houston will also get an automatic bid if they win Conference USA and finish ahead of TCU in the BCS standings. If Houston were to lose a game, TCU gets the automatic bid if they finish in the top 16.

So that's 7 of the 10. SEC will definitely get a 2nd team. Big 12 should get both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in. The last spot looks like a Pac-10 team for now.

So my predictions...
    BCS Championship - LSU vs. Oklahoma State
    Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs. Houston
    Rose Bowl - Oregon vs. Big 10 winner (could be Michigan St/Penn St/Wisconsin/Michigan/Nebraska)
    Orange Bowl - ACC Champ (Clemson most likely) vs. Big East Champ (Cincy right now)
    Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma State vs. Stanford
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Ugh... I don't wanna play Houston. That would suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    There are 10 BCS bowl bids each year. Here are my predictions for the teams.

Automatic bids - SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, ACC, Pac-10

Houston will also get an automatic bid if they win Conference USA and finish ahead of TCU in the BCS standings. If Houston were to lose a game, TCU gets the automatic bid if they finish in the top 16.

So that's 7 of the 10. SEC will definitely get a 2nd team. Big 12 should get both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in. The last spot looks like a Pac-10 team for now.

So my predictions...
    BCS Championship - LSU vs. Oklahoma State
    Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs. Houston
    Rose Bowl - Oregon vs. Big 10 winner (could be Michigan St/Penn St/Wisconsin/Michigan/Nebraska)
    Orange Bowl - ACC Champ (Clemson most likely) vs. Big East Champ (Cincy right now)
    Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma State vs. Stanford
    It's Always Something...

I laughed
    Something, something and a little more something.

LSU/Bama rematch...
    It's Always Something...

309 cheated he put Oklahoma State twice

Quote Originally Posted by MDK Titan View Post
    309 cheated he put Oklahoma State twice
    He's wrong twice now...

I meant Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, but obviously it is all screwed up now.

Recalculating....recalculating...recalculating...

BCS Championship - LSU vs. Alabama
    Sugar Bowl - Oklahoma State vs. Houston
    Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Stanford

LOL!!!
    Welcome to the Suck

I meant Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, but obviously it is all screwed up now.

Recalculating....recalculating...recalculating...

BCS Championship - LSU vs. Alabama
    Sugar Bowl - Oklahoma State vs. Houston
    Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Stanford
    find the nearest trash can
    Welcome to the Suck

11. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (11-20-2011)

Yep. And the craziness isn't over thanks to the SEC title game. What if Georgia beats the West team? Will the national championship be composed of two SEC teams, neither that won their own league? It could happen.

Yep. And the craziness isn't over thanks to the SEC title game. What if Georgia beats the West team? Will the national championship be composed of two SEC teams, neither that won their own league? It could happen.
    No it can't. If the top 2 teams are SEC teams that didn't win their conference then only 1 of them gets a BCS invite. This is because there is a cap of 2 teams from 1 conference that can play in BCS games and 1 of those teams would be Georgia for winning the SEC. The other team to play in the BCS title game would be the next highest ranked non-SEC team. The only way 2 teams from 1 conference can play in the championship game is if 1 of those teams is the conference champion.

Edit: I might have to take this back. There have been so many conflicting reports on this that I'm not sure which is true.
    Last edited by ZachLV27; 11-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Zach, I just learned that the SEC could have 3 teams represented in the BCS.

Scenario 1: Arkansas beats LSU, winner of tiebreaker plays Georgia and loses. Georgia goes to Sugar Bowl, and the reamaing top two teams play in BCS Championship.

Scenario 2: LSU beats Arkansas and loses to Georgia. Georgia goes to Sugar Bowl and LSU only drops to #2. Bama-LSU in BCS championship game.

A BCS conference champion always goes to a bowl, and the top two teams always play in the BCS championship. So three teams are possible.

Clemson vs Cincinnati. Now that is some can't miss college football.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

16. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (11-21-2011)

U forgot Boise
    If theres one thing I just can't stand, its the ravens and the crappy fans that "cheer" for them...so follow me on twitter @ravens_suck !!

The picture is little clearer now.

BCS Championship - LSU-Bama (lock)

Sugar Bowl - Houston vs. Kansas State/Michigan/(Oklahoma/Oklahoma St loser)

Rose Bowl - Oregon vs. Wisconsin/Michigan St winner

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech/Clemson winner vs. Louisville/Cincy/West Virginia (if all three tie, highest ranking in BCS gets berth. If two tie, head-to-head goes)

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma/Oklahoma St winner vs. Stanford

The one team screwed this year is Boise State. They may be #6 in the BCS, but since they didn't win their conference (TCU did), Houston will get an automatic bid over them. And I don't see any way the BCS takes two minor conference teams.

BCS Automatic Qualification

1. The top two teams in the final BCS standings will play in the National Championship Game.

2. The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and Southeastern conferences will have automatic berths in one of the participating bowls each year through the 2013 regular season.

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS game if either: A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or, B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

4. Notre Dame will automatically qualify for a BCS bowl if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if Step No. 5 has not been applied and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier, provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the National Championship Game.

7. If any slots remain unfilled after the placement of all teams qualifying for an automatic berth, then the bowls shall choose their participants from the pool of eligible teams.

The picture is little clearer now.

BCS Championship - LSU-Bama (lock)

Sugar Bowl - Houston vs. Kansas State/Michigan/(Oklahoma/Oklahoma St loser)
    Sure about that Mike?

Oklahoma State is making a statement tonight.
    It's Always Something...

20. The following user likes this post:

JimOkc (12-04-2011)

Which would you rather see, another close one with Bama-LSU, or LSU wipe the floor with OK. St.? I think the voters still feel the same. Oklahoma can't get out of their own way in this one.

22. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (12-04-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Which would you rather see, another close one with Bama-LSU, or LSU wipe the floor with OK. St.? I think the voters still feel the same. Oklahoma can't get out of their own way in this one.
    Because either are a given? Alabama will probably still make it into the game but this will sway some of the voters who are against a rematch happening no matter who it is.

If you've watched much of Alabama or LSU, it's pretty apparent that those two teams are the best teams in the nation. They execute the best, the have the best athletes at every position, and they have by far the best defenses in the nation. Either one of those teams would kill Ok St. or any other team in the nation. LSU beat Alabama at home, but in overtime. I know I'm a homer but I still believe Bama is actually the better team. They're more balanced on offense and they have the better D. The only thing they weren't as good in was special teams.

The main point though is that many other teams had a shot to go to the BCS championship but they all blew their chance. Ok St blew its chance when it lost to a team it was favored by 4 TD's and the team it beat tonight had no trouble with that team. They choked, plain and simple. Bama didn't choke, we were playing the no. 1 team in the nation and we were no. 2. One of us had to lose and it was us. We proved through the rest of the year that we're still the same team and haven't fallen off. Based on that the only way that anyone else would play in the NC is if the voters just decide they want anyone but Bama, not because they believe that Ok St. is the second best team in the nation. To vote anyone else in would be a farce. Not saying it can't happen... but it would go against what the current system is set up to be: the two best teams in the nation playing in a game to decide who's the best.

25. 2 Users Liked This Post

MDK Titan (12-04-2011), Sect309Fan (12-04-2011)

+ Reply to Thread