+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BCS Bowl bids (projected)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Which would you rather see, another close one with Bama-LSU, or LSU wipe the floor with OK. St.? I think the voters still feel the same. Oklahoma can't get out of their own way in this one.
    I dunno Johnny, Alabama should have beat LSU earlier this year anyhow. Hell Georgia had them beat today. I didn't like what the coach said going in at the half. Something like, we get after em for 30 min then try to finish em off?

If the Cowpokes play the way they did today after 2 weeks off, they are capable of beating anyone. They know Miles from his time there as head coach. They played their best game of the season and made a big step up program wise by beating a team they hadn't beaten in 8 tries and notching yet another win against a quality opponent. That T. Boone Pickens money is sure making a big difference in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Unless this game drastically changes the computer rankings and Alabama loses 2nd place votes by not playing this week, you will have your game. I think you will, but I would be cool with an LSU-OSU game too.

As an OU fan, given the way this season had played out, I can't say I was suprised by the loss, however I didn't expect it to be a blowout. Congrats to the Pokes on their Conference Championship.
    Last edited by JimOkc; 12-04-2011 at 01:33 AM.

2. The following user likes this post:

Johnnyb (12-04-2011)

Having seen this Bama team in person all season and seeing the LSU team in person that night, there is no other team in the nation that can hang with either of these teams. These "high powered" offenses look nice and pretty when they aren't playing good defenses but as soon as Luck, or Oregon, or Okie St. runs into either of these D's... you can forget the greatest show on turf. The difference is unbelievable in how much better both of these D's are than any other team out there. They're so much faster, always in position (particularly Bama), and will absolutely make you pay if you screw up (particularly LSU). I know you won't believe me till it happens, but LSU will romp anyone but Bama in a title game.

But if we don't make it then so be it... We should of beat them back on Nov. 5th. That's why anyone who says LSU was in a worse position than us cus they had to play in the SEC championship game is just dumb. I'd much rather be in the Atl celebrating than sitting on pins and needles wonderin if we're getting in.

Just say no to a re-match...OKST vs. LSU!!!
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

5. The following user likes this post:

Comar (12-04-2011)

Alabama is the only team in the country than can stop LSU for an entire game. LSU is the only team in the country that can stop Alabama for a whole game.

Oklahoma State had a great win last night, but they would score maybe 10 points against either team, while LSU or Bama would score 40 against them. The rematch should still be on.

BCS Championship - LSU vs. Bama
    Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. Oregon
    Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma State vs. TCU/Boise State/Michigan
    Orange Bowl - Clemson vs. West Virginia
    Sugar Bowl - Stanford vs. Kansas State
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

7. 2 Users Liked This Post

don28 (12-05-2011), Johnnyb (12-04-2011)

I got this sinking feeling that OSU will the nod thanks to OU laying dowm for OSU. Pretty convenient for OU to have the biggest loss of the season when the used to be Big 12 has a shot to be in the BCS Championship. Can't buy any reasoning for a team that lost to Iowa St. Extenuating circumstances excuses don't fly for losing games.

So if OSU goes. Go ahead and give LSU the championship OSU isn't even in LSU/Bama's league.
    Welcome to the Suck

It's really up to the pollsters. The computers will likely make Oklahoma State #2 and Bama #3, so the pollsters will make the difference.

I understand the argument for Oklahoma State, but I agree with Charlie. Alabama has a decent chance to win the national championship...Oklahoma State does not.

Oklahoma State getting the nod would be a farce, nothing more. They aren't even in Alabama/LSU's class. I'm not sure anyone is really. IMO, Alabama is the best team in the nation. If they had a kicker they would have beaten LSU. (Ok, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas). Still, a siignature win over an overrated Oklahoma team doesn't impress me much. I'd much rather see another 9-6 game than a 37-10 game.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

11. The following user likes this post:

Johnnyb (12-05-2011)

That's why they play the games.

Nobody thought Iowa State would stand a chance against Ok State. Did anyone think Appalachian State would beat Michigan in the big house?

I'm an SEC fan so I want them to continue to BCS title dominance, but I would like to see last nights Ok State against either LSU or Bama and see how it turned out.

But... I'm cool with a rematch too.
    It's Always Something...

This also happened in 2006 when #1 Ohio State beat #2 Michigan by 3 points in that year's "game of the century". Michigan would end up staying #2 until passed up by Florida after the last week of the season to get into the National Championship. Back then, everyone was saying UM/OSU were the 2 best teams in the country. 1 month later we all saw the team that snuck in (florida) go on to win the championship.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    This also happened in 2006 when #1 Ohio State beat #2 Michigan by 3 points in that year's "game of the century". Michigan would end up staying #2 until passed up by Florida after the last week of the season to get into the National Championship. Back then, everyone was saying UM/OSU were the 2 best teams in the country. 1 month later we all saw the team that snuck in (florida) go on to win the championship.
    Not only were analysts saying they were the two best teams in the country but some were calling Ohio State the best team in the history of college football after the win over Michigan. Tom Brady went on tv talking about what a joke it would be if Florida got the nod over Michigan and then Florida went out and beat the hell out of Ohio State. Another reason I hate that girly man.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

Your BCS lineup will be:
    Title: LSU-Bama.
    Rose: Wis-Ore.
    Fiesta: Ok St-Stanford.
    Sugar: Va Tech-Michigan.
    Orange: Clemson-West Va.
    Welcome to the Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    Your BCS lineup will be:
    Title: LSU-Bama.
    Rose: Wis-Ore.
    Fiesta: Ok St-Stanford.
    Sugar: Va Tech-Michigan.
    Orange: Clemson-West Va.
    This a guess or is it official? I haven't seen anything yet. I don't know how TCU wont get into the top 16 and get an automatic bid.
    Something, something and a little more something.

Nevermind. I found it.

These games just make me hate the BCS even more. Passing on two top 10 teams just to get more fans in the stands might be good business but it damn sure isn't what is best for the sport.

LSU - Bama
    Official

Quote Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
    This a guess or is it official? I haven't seen anything yet. I don't know how TCU wont get into the top 16 and get an automatic bid.
    Yeah, CBS and SI guys were tweeting it before the show.
    Welcome to the Suck

The Sugar Bowl is the big question mark. Virginia Tech and Michigan both get selected, while Kansas State, Boise St, and TCU get jobbed. With the ACC so weak, how do they get two teams in, while the Big 12 gets just one?

Sugar Bowl went after the money rather than the best teams. (not that it is the first time it has happened)

Here is an interesting article breaking down the voters in both polls that count. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ml?eref=sircrc

The Stanford-Oregon and Virginia Tech-Clemson rankings are an ideal measure of how much voters in the Coaches' and Harris polls actually paid attention to the games. Oregon beat Stanford 53-30. The game was not close after halftime. Yet 45 coaches ranked Stanford ahead of Oregon and 90 of the 115 Harris Poll voters placed Stanford above Oregon. (Remember, Oregon's only losses were to consensus No. 1 LSU and AP No. 5 USC.) The only argument for voting Stanford ahead of Oregon -- and it's a plausible one -- is the fact that Stanford beat USC on the road in triple-overtime.

Clemson, meanwhile, outscored Virginia Tech 61-13 in two meetings -- including one in Blacksburg. If we learned anything this season, it was that Clemson was definitively better than Virginia Tech. So how many coaches ranked Virginia Tech above Clemson? Thirty-four. Meanwhile, 51 Harris poll voters apparently had better things to do than watch or look up the results of those two games.

----------------------------------------------

I would be fine with a commitee deciding the BCS over the current system of clueless/biased voters and computers that have classified programs. There is no accountability in the BCS selection.

Is it true that Nick Saban voted Oklahoma State 4th in his final poll?
    Part of you was part of him, and will be forever. You're in both worlds, and that makes you special.

Quote Originally Posted by Comar View Post
    Is it true that Nick Saban voted Oklahoma State 4th in his final poll?
    It is

+ Reply to Thread