+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning's future

Default Peyton Manning's future

With the writing being pretty much on the wall that he's done in Indy, where will he end up?

There is a slight groundswell from certain people in the local radio media that Manning should be brought in and let Hasselbeck go.

What say you.
    Welcome to the Suck

noway the front office lets Matt walk to bring in Peyton. Peyton would cost a ton more and would be doing the same thing Matt does, holding a place.

3. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (01-28-2012)

One of the greatest if not the greatest ever in the NFL. But still, no.

Im more than ok with our QB selection between Hassel and Locker.

if he can still play at about a 75% level...he is still better then 3/4 of the other starting qbs in the league... i would LOVE to have him here instead of hass... i really feel that him under center would open the running game...A LOT. imagine him (and this will never happen but its nice to dream) a healthy britt, nate, williams, and hawk, and Cj. we would almost be unstoppable on offense... i mean who the hell could defend all of them with a HOF qb throwing to them / audibling out to a run to the fastest man in the nfl? and having locker learn from hass AND manning would be awesome... locker compares very well to farve... and anything manning could impart would be awesome!!!

with that said, hes probably going to end up in washington... no way synder lets him go anywhere else if he can help it.
    If theres one thing I just can't stand, its the ravens and the crappy fans that "cheer" for them...so follow me on twitter @ravens_suck !!

6. The following user likes this post:

Maximus (01-29-2012)

Philly. That team has been in a crazy QB search, since McNabb and Vick days.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Manning needs to go where there's a great O-Line to protect him.

The Jets would be a good landing spot. Fans aren't too happy with Sanchez right now and they have a solid line to protect Manning.

Plus, he and Eli both in NY would be very intriguing.
    It's Always Something...

9. The following user likes this post:

somenavyguy (03-08-2012)

I think Manning is one hit from ending his career for good and maybe his quality of life too. Anyplace outside the AFC south would be fine with me. I think he stays in Indy
    A good dog is not easily ruined

Injury aside, that goes for any football player.
    Welcome to the Suck

I was totally taking his previous injury into considerstion as any team wanting him should, including the Clots. I would say that Manning's %'s are higher that most

Miami
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

No, No, and No. Manning insists on taking ALL of the snaps in practice, which would be to the detriment of Jake Locker's development. Hasselbeck is just fine, and Locker will do much better with Matt as a sounding board. Peyton can shuffle off to Washington, San Francisco, Miami, NY Jets, or maybe the CFL's Toronto Argonauts.
    Smashing through the boundaries, Lunacy has found me, Cannot stop the battery.
    "Battery", Metallica, Master of Puppets

15. 5 Users Liked This Post

315 (01-29-2012), barnybyrd (01-29-2012), somenavyguy (03-08-2012), Titanico (01-30-2012), Yvette (01-29-2012)

Seeing him in a Titans uniform would make me

John
    “Now What?’’

17. 3 Users Liked This Post

titanfan62702 (02-04-2012), Titanico (01-30-2012), Yvette (01-29-2012)

The Niners make the most sense to me. They play in an easy division, have a balanced offense which is only enhanced by his presence, and a defense like he's never had before. Plus he would be thousands of miles away and out of our division/conference

Personally, it wouldn't bother me to see him with the Titans, although I don't see it happening.

Jets or the 49ers. I also wouldn't just rule out old JJ & the Cowboys. Just don't think Romo will get them to the next level.
    Was going to do some procrastinating, but decided to put it off for later.

Watching the ProBowl, seems the concensus is he's not progressing 5 months after surgery, word seems to be he's done.
    Welcome to the Suck

As much as I like to bash Jug Head, I would much rather see him go out on his own terms

22. 3 Users Liked This Post

GoPats (01-30-2012), JimOkc (01-30-2012), Yvette (01-30-2012)

I guess I should weigh in on this. Personally, I hope he retires and becomes a TV analyst. I laugh at all the people that think he should coach, because that is not what star QBs in the NFL become. There is more money and a whole lot less pressure to be on TV.

If he does get cut by the Colts and still is physically able to play, he certainly won't be a Titan. It doesn't make sense to stall the rebuilding effort at QB for a few years. I don't see Manning ending his career like Favre, jumping from team to team. I see him more like Montana, picking one more team and sticking with them till the end.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

We’re still waiting for official word on Peyton Manning’s future with the Colts, but some Titans fans are already trying to lobby the former Tennessee Volunteer to come back to the state.

There’s a website, comehomepeyton.com, devoted to the cause that’s asking for donations to erect billboards and run radio ads in Indianapolis encouraging Manning to come back to the Volunteer State if he’s done with the Colts. The site also features some song parodies, including a reworking of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” that works a lot better than it probably should.

Some of the impetus for the campaign seems to be a column by Tennessee writer and radio host Clay Travis making the case for why the Titans need Manning. Travis argues that the Titans offense is good enough to go to the Super Bowl with an elite quarterback and that Manning’s presence wouldn’t retard Jake Locker’s development any more than Matt Hasselbeck’s. Hasselbeck signed a three-year, $20 million contract before last season. With a healthy amount of cap space, the Titans could pull off dropping Hasselbeck and adding Manning if they so desired.

The issue, of course, is whether Manning is healthy enough to make any of these efforts worthwhile. That’s the big X factor in the growing cottage industry of Peyton speculation and all the song parodies in the world aren’t going to make a difference until there’s an answer to that question.
    I Go By My Own Rules.Nobody Else's.Not Even My Own.

MrBean is offline Anti-Lollipop Group Member MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute MrBean has a reputation beyond repute

God no.

26. 2 Users Liked This Post

don28 (01-30-2012), TitansJonne (01-30-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    I guess I should weigh in on this. Personally, I hope he retires and becomes a TV analyst. I laugh at all the people that think he should coach, because that is not what star QBs in the NFL become. There is more money and a whole lot less pressure to be on TV.

If he does get cut by the Colts and still is physically able to play, he certainly won't be a Titan. It doesn't make sense to stall the rebuilding effort at QB for a few years. I don't see Manning ending his career like Favre, jumping from team to team. I see him more like Montana, picking one more team and sticking with them till the end.
    I agree with this.

Manning's not going to be traded, so if he's healthy enough to play and the Colts really cut ties, he'll have his choice of suitors. I don't think he would pick Tennessee just because of the emotional baggage of having to play Indy twice a year. I know he's got some history there, but that would be like moving across the street from your ex or something. People don't do that... they move out of town!

Personally I think he's going to be forced into retirement, which is a God awful shame, even as a Pats fan. You never like to see the greats go out on any terms but their own. Manning's earned a lot of respect over the years and I'd prefer it if he had a chance to continue and then hang 'em up when he's ready.

Despite the hopes of some unrealistic Indy fans, it seems like a foregone conclusion that he won't be a Colt next year though. I don't think he'll end up in NY with the Jets, but I think I agree with Parddy and would guess Miami if I had to take a stab at it.

28. 2 Users Liked This Post

Johnnyb (01-30-2012), Sect309Fan (01-30-2012)

+ Reply to Thread