+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning's future

I'd rather spend the money on Mario Williams and let Hasselbeck and Jake duel it out.

Go do some more funny comercials Peyton and bring some actual intelligence to sports commentating. I'd give anything to hear him break down a game over "Jaws".

2. The following user likes this post:

TitansJonne (01-30-2012)

I think it would be very idiotic for fans to do this not only to the team, but to the confidence of a young Jake Locker.
    I Go By My Own Rules.Nobody Else's.Not Even My Own.

If I have to listen to those idiots on 104.5 one more afternoon it's going to drive me to NPR ! Nobody even knows if he could pass a physical. So you give him 20 something million when he may be one hit away from retirement or worse ! You spent the #8 pick on a promising QB and you're going to let him finish his rookie contract without even seeing the field except in blowout loss situations. Just totally shortsighted.
    IF the Titans were to sign him. I would not go to or watch a game. It just might be the last straw for me !
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket...

5. 2 Users Liked This Post

titanfan62702 (03-09-2012), Titanico (02-01-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McFan View Post
    If I have to listen to those idiots on 104.5 one more afternoon it's going to drive me to NPR ! Nobody even knows if he could pass a physical. So you give him 20 something million when he may be one hit away from retirement or worse ! You spent the #8 pick on a promising QB and you're going to let him finish his rookie contract without even seeing the field except in blowout loss situations. Just totally shortsighted.
    IF the Titans were to sign him. I would not go to or watch a game. It just might be the last straw for me !
    Make the switch to 102.5 where they actually talk sports in the afternoon!

To summarize a post from an online article I read today, Peyton has become a one hit wonder...one hit and you wonder if he'll get up. He is one of the greats of the game but I don't want to see him in two-tone blue...not at this stage of his career and with Locker waiting in the wings.

7. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (02-01-2012)

Pretty slick, and kinda funny

Peyton Lose Yourself

He could go here, this coach loves him.

Wearing the Jersey

of course 309 would have a chance to wear his 18 again or did you give that to Jeff?

Funniest TV spots
    Last edited by TitanPop; 01-30-2012 at 11:32 PM.

9. The following user likes this post:

SouthSide Titan (01-31-2012)

Eminem is going to sue the crap out of that guy.

Or pistol whip him...
    It's Always Something...

If Mannings career is over I still think there is a chance he goes into coaching. I think I really depends if the desire to win and compete is still flowing through his veins or not.
    A good dog is not easily ruined

Quote Originally Posted by 315 View Post
    If Mannings career is over I still think there is a chance he goes into coaching. I think I really depends if the desire to win and compete is still flowing through his veins or not.
    There is absolutely zero chance of him going into coaching. He will most likely follow in the footsteps of Bradshaw, Marinio, Dilfer, Aikman, Simms, Fouts, etc and go into broadcasting. If he ever gets involved with an NFL team, it would be more like Elway and the Broncos rather than coaching.

Star QBs do not become coaches. One big reason is that after being a star so long, it has to be hard to start at the bottom of the coaching profession. He obviously can't be a head coach with no experience, so does anyone really see him as the QB coach on some team for five years? There are a lot of dues that have to be paid to even have a chance to be head coach.

It is so much easier to be an analyst, and you can make more money that way with so much less work. And I wouldn't be surprised if he tried his hand at acting for a while.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Cut that meat!
    Welcome to the Suck

14. 4 Users Liked This Post

don28 (02-01-2012), hooktool (02-02-2012), Sect309Fan (02-01-2012), Yvette (02-01-2012)

Manning would be a coach if he retires because im sure he wants to be close to the game. Ala Michael Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    Manning would be a coach if he retires because im sure he wants to be close to the game. Ala Michael Jordan.
    When did Michael Jordan coach?

If Peyton wants to be that close to the game, he would go the John Elway route. But being a announcer/analyst is pretty close to the game as well.

Captain Comeback did it...

Jim Harbaugh was the QB for the Colts and took them to the AFC title game; should have won it too had Kordell not gotten away with running out of the back of the endzone and then coming back in to catch a touchdown.

In his first stint as a NFL coach, he led the 49ers to the NFC title game.

Peyton could do it... That being said, I doubt he will.

He doesn't have the coaching pedigree Harbaugh does.
    Last edited by TitansFan23; 02-01-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    It's Always Something...

Well 309... A bunch of players have become coaches and I don't know you can be so sure. You don't know anymore as to what he will do as Elmer Fudd. I'm not saying he will but the chance is always there

Well 309... A bunch of players have become coaches and I don't know you can be so sure. You don't know anymore as to what he will do as Elmer Fudd. I'm not saying he will but the chance is always there
    It's called "history". That's how I know. Star QBs have many more avenues to success than coaching.

Harbaugh wasn't quite a star QB, and his path to coaching went through his dad at Western Kentucky. He scouted for his dad while he was still a player. He then became an assistant coach with the Raiders for a couple of years. After that, he was the head coach of San Diego, then Stanford, then the 49ers.

Peyton has none of that history. His dad never coached; instead he was a media personality, doing commentary and commercials after his career ended. So logically, Peyton would follow that route than become a lowly assistant coach and work his way up the food chain.

There are plenty of ex-players that became coaches, but there are almost no ex-QBs that did it.

Someones will is stronger than history. If it were me I would do nothing except spend my day with my new twins. If he wants to coach he will and if he doesn't he won't . Plain and simple.

. If he wants to coach he will and if he doesn't he won't . Plain and simple.
    I just want to know when he has ever said that he wants to coach. I feel fans think he would coach only because of the way he appears to call his own plays before he snaps the ball. They think he is the true offensive coordinator (which he isn't), therefore he must be a coach in the future.

I think I follow Manning pretty well, and I have never seen any interest in coaching. He loves to be on TV and be part of the media, and that is where I see him heading when his football career ends (which does not appear to be over just yet).

I heard him say he wants to coach as many times as I've heard him say say he wants to be a tv analyst. My feelings that there is a possibility that he MIGHT coach some day are no where near as strong as your feelings that he absolutely WON'T coach someday.

If he still has the desire to compete and win he could very well go into coaching.

Last edited by 315; 02-02-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    When did Michael Jordan coach?

If Peyton wants to be that close to the game, he would go the John Elway route. But being a announcer/analyst is pretty close to the game as well.
    The way jordan is owner and is often seen at the practices helping out. I can see manning wanting to stay on the field. Maybe not as a coach right away but likely an offensive assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    I just want to know when he has ever said that he wants to coach. I feel fans think he would coach only because of the way he appears to call his own plays before he snaps the ball. They think he is the true offensive coordinator (which he isn't), therefore he must be a coach in the future.

I think I follow Manning pretty well, and I have never seen any interest in coaching. He loves to be on TV and be part of the media, and that is where I see him heading when his football career ends (which does not appear to be over just yet).
    My belief he will coach comes from his football knowledge, ability to teach, and respect he has around the league.

+ Reply to Thread