+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 141 to 146 of 146

Thread: Peyton Manning's future

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanPop View Post
    What about T-Bone?
    Word in Denver is that Jacksonville wants him.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    1705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanPop View Post
    All those Vol Manning fans can keep wearing their ORANGE Manning Jersey's now.
    I think alot just took them off.
    Was going to do some procrastinating, but decided to put it off for later.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,794
    Rep Power
    28152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanPop View Post
    All those Vol Manning fans can keep wearing their ORANGE Manning Jersey's now.
    Yep, seeing how Denver will wear Orange at home next year full time.
    Welcome to the Suck

  4. 2 Users Liked This Post

    Comar (03-19-2012), titanfan62702 (03-19-2012)

  5. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same city as always...
    Posts
    5,838
    Rep Power
    25713

    Default

    Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams went all-in on trying to land four-time MVP Peyton Manning. When Manning announced on Monday that he intends to play for the Denver Broncos, Adams reacted to the news with measured disappointment.

    With Peyton Manning on board, expectations are through the roof in Denver. But Jason Smith identifies one glaring issue.
    "I want to thank the whole organization for their efforts in trying to sign Peyton and also to Peyton for the time he put into the process," Adams said via a statement released by the team. "Peyton called me this morning to inform me of his decision and obviously I am disappointed, because I thought we would be a perfect fit."

    The Titans were one of the three finalists -- along with the Broncos and the San Francisco 49ers -- and Manning and Titans head coach Mike Munchak hit it off during the quarterback's meeting with the team. It was very hard for Manning to call Munchak Monday morning and inform him of his decision to go to Denver,a source close to the situation told NFL Network's Michelle Beisner.

    The 89-year-old Adams told The Tennessean on Monday that he wanted to do what he could to win a title as soon as possible.

    "I was hoping we could get him," Adams said. "On my next birthday I will be 90 years old. So I felt he could get us in the championship quickly.”

    Adams, though, seemed to have accepted the development well, telling the newspaper that he joked with Manning about his next stop.

    "I told him he was going into high altitude so he better start getting in shape," Adams said.

    Adams acknowledged that the team is "going to miss getting him" to The Tennessean, but made a point in his statement to praise the current Titans quarterbacks.

    "I like our quarterback situation moving forward and we will continue to build the team through free agency and the draft with that goal in mind," he said in the statement.

    "I also want to commend Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker," Adams added. "They were thrown into a very difficult situation. Matt was very good for us last year; and at some point, we expect Jake to be our future franchise quarterback."

    Look Bud....you spent SIXTEEN years with the same HC, that couldn't made the job done. We were close in 2000...but being close is not the same as GETTING THE JOB done.

    Another thing Bud...you are close to be 90 years old...but you never thought that there were players, coaches who were FAR from being good, and specially that Vice-President of hell, Underwood, who seemed to have his head inside a dark place, and you kept for THIRTY years!!

    And yes, if I was Hasselbeck and Locker I would feel really offended for not trusting any of them. At the end, is not their fault to have a winless SB Titans team...they just got here, and quickly you made a move to damage their confidence and trust.

    I don't like you a BIT...Bud. For your age, you compete well along with a 7 year old, maturness...and profesionality..and also with the tantrums and spoilness you display.

    SELL THE TEAM to someone who could take better care of things, but be REALLY sure to keep it in Nashville. It's amazing, Bud....that you haven't work things right in the way to say that this team won at least 1 SB, in all these years.

    You are a FAILURE, Bud.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

  6. #145
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    3356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post
    Look Bud....you spent SIXTEEN years with the same HC, that couldn't made the job done. We were close in 2000...but being close is not the same as GETTING THE JOB done.

    Another thing Bud...you are close to be 90 years old...but you never thought that there were players, coaches who were FAR from being good, and specially that Vice-President of hell, Underwood, who seemed to have his head inside a dark place, and you kept for THIRTY years!!

    And yes, if I was Hasselbeck and Locker I would feel really offended for not trusting any of them. At the end, is not their fault to have a winless SB Titans team...they just got here, and quickly you made a move to damage their confidence and trust.

    I don't like you a BIT...Bud. For your age, you compete well along with a 7 year old, maturness...and profesionality..and also with the tantrums and spoilness you display.

    SELL THE TEAM to someone who could take better care of things, but be REALLY sure to keep it in Nashville. It's amazing, Bud....that you haven't work things right in the way to say that this team won at least 1 SB, in all these years.

    You are a FAILURE, Bud.
    And that folks is why you never anger a Latino.
    Catch the Damn BALL!!!

  7. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same city as always...
    Posts
    5,838
    Rep Power
    25713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTitan View Post
    And that folks is why you never anger a Latino.
    lol....it's because I'm sick of Bud, to no end. (My 19 years as a Houston Oilers fan and all these years as a Titans fan, support it)
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts