+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vandy Football Coach

Default Vandy Football Coach

I know a few Vandy grads and they happen to be women who are also huge sports fans. Needless to say that after reading this they aren't the biggest fan of Franklin.

I'm hoping he was joking but I know he isn't. This is just the mentality many in sports have. I've heard it from guys who have played baseball and football at major colleges as well as guys who played some minor league baseball (sadly I don't personally know any professional sports players).

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-of-their-wife

Franklin, in a relaxed mood near the beach, explained, "I've been saying it for a long time, I will not hire an assistant coach until I've seen his wife. If she looks the part, and she's a D-1 recruit, then you got a chance to get hired. That's part of the deal.

"There's a very strong correlation between having the confidence, going up and talking to a women, and being quick on your feet and having some personality and confidence and being fun and articulate, than it is walking into a high school and recruiting a kid and selling him."
    Something, something and a little more something.

The point he was trying to make is that recruiting a star athlete is a lot like trying to convince a beautiful woman to date you. I don't know how serious he was in that interview, but it certainly doesn't bother me.

There is a such breath of fresh air about Franklin and a winning attitude that it would take a whole lot to make me mad at him.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I know what he was going for. Heck, he makes it pretty clear when he quoted Moneyball. He just apparently never understood what they were saying in the book / movie.
    Something, something and a little more something.

He did apologize for the comments yesterday.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread