+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Titans 2013 Mock Drafts

The Yahoo mock draft had us getting Ezekiel Ansah. I absolutely love that pick, if we could get him in the first (especially if Warmack is gone), I'd be stoked for that and getting Warford.

I really have only three players I'm interested in at pick ten & that's Dee Milliner, Ansah, & Warmack. Ansah has the type of athletic ability the Titans are known to covet, that's why I've been saying if he's there he'll probably be the pick unless Miliner is also there, which I think are long odds.

If all three are gone I'd just as soon see them deal down a few spots, pick up an additional pick or two, & see if they can bag a great player there.
    Was going to do some procrastinating, but decided to put it off for later.

I would love to trad our pick for an extra 2nd.

A Top 10 pick and a 2nd rounder or a Top 20 pick and 2 2nd rounders? The answer is simple. One we're out of the first, the wealth of talent especially on defense is crazy deep.
    I Go By My Own Rules.Nobody Else's.Not Even My Own.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I really have only three players I'm interested in at pick ten & that's Dee Milliner, Ansah, & Warmack. Ansah has the type of athletic ability the Titans are known to covet, that's why I've been saying if he's there he'll probably be the pick unless Miliner is also there, which I think are long odds.

If all three are gone I'd just as soon see them deal down a few spots, pick up an additional pick or two, & see if they can bag a great player there.
    I'm having trouble seeing the hype surrounding Dee Milliner. He hardly has any interceptions. Can someone please explain the hype surrounding Milliner to me? At this point I would rather us pick Xavier Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairweather Fan View Post
    I'm having trouble seeing the hype surrounding Dee Milliner. He hardly has any interceptions. Can someone please explain the hype surrounding Milliner to me? At this point I would rather us pick Xavier Rhodes.
    I actually can give you an educated answer on this, as I've watched him more than many of the pundits I'm sure

At 6'0", 201 lbs. Dee has excellent size for a starting corner. Between his sophomore and junior seasons he hit the weight room hard and added some needed muscle to his frame. He's not afraid of contact at all and plays run support very well. Has a great press off the line, getting his hands on receivers and has the size to match up with bigger receivers. Very fluid hips and great break on the ball ability.

There are two major reasons he doesn't have the interception total that really would stand out: 1. other teams simply didn't throw his way all that much, choosing to go towards the less experienced corners on the other side, and 2. he played a lot of man, so he's in less of a position to actually intercept balls, rather than just deflect them. This is evident by his 22 pass breakups. If you need evidence of his size and ability to play bigger receivers, then turn on the Notre Dame game, where he manned up against Tyler Eiffert and broke up two passes intended for him.

Honestly though, I don't see any way he's there for us when we pick. We'd have to be willing to trade up to get him. While I don't particularly like this idea, it's the first year I've ever actually thought it may be very likely that we do actually trade up. The coaching staff knows they've got to do well this year or they're all gone, and I know that they love Milliner. If they think that he could be a contributor from day one, fit in well with our system, and lock down one side of the ball, then I really could see it happening. Plus we have quite a few picks this year as well.

6. 2 Users Liked This Post

Fairweather Fan (04-16-2013), Parddy (04-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    I actually can give you an educated answer on this, as I've watched him more than many of the pundits I'm sure

At 6'0", 201 lbs. Dee has excellent size for a starting corner. Between his sophomore and junior seasons he hit the weight room hard and added some needed muscle to his frame. He's not afraid of contact at all and plays run support very well. Has a great press off the line, getting his hands on receivers and has the size to match up with bigger receivers. Very fluid hips and great break on the ball ability.

There are two major reasons he doesn't have the interception total that really would stand out: 1. other teams simply didn't throw his way all that much, choosing to go towards the less experienced corners on the other side, and 2. he played a lot of man, so he's in less of a position to actually intercept balls, rather than just deflect them. This is evident by his 22 pass breakups. If you need evidence of his size and ability to play bigger receivers, then turn on the Notre Dame game, where he manned up against Tyler Eiffert and broke up two passes intended for him.

Honestly though, I don't see any way he's there for us when we pick. We'd have to be willing to trade up to get him. While I don't particularly like this idea, it's the first year I've ever actually thought it may be very likely that we do actually trade up. The coaching staff knows they've got to do well this year or they're all gone, and I know that they love Milliner. If they think that he could be a contributor from day one, fit in well with our system, and lock down one side of the ball, then I really could see it happening. Plus we have quite a few picks this year as well.
    Thanks. So you are saying you do think he is the best corner in the draft and is worthy of a top 10 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairweather Fan View Post
    Thanks. So you are saying you do think he is the best corner in the draft and is worthy of a top 10 pick?
    Maybe. I watched Rhodes some as well and think he is an extremely talented corner with excellent size and great cover ability. I just don't know how willing to hit he is and how his run support is. With Milliner the questions are how does he play in a zone or in space, not lined up over a guy to cover man to man. He's done a little of that, but not enough to really be sure.

They're both supremely talented athletes though, and if I had to choose between them I would go with Milliner because he does hit and he can run very well, so the zone stuff could be worked on if he's lacking there. It's really hard to teach a guy to stick his nose in there and blow up a run play though. But I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

9. 2 Users Liked This Post

Fairweather Fan (04-18-2013), Parddy (04-17-2013)

So now there is a chance we could draft DJ Hayden in the first? WOW! That came out of nowhere. He is now Mayocks #1 CB.

Are these guys just throwing at a dart board now? WTH?

Whoever we draft I hope they are not versatile. I am tired of hearing "well this guy is versatile". We need somebody who is good at just doing what they do. I have decided I want Warmack over Cooper.

13. The following user likes this post:

Johnnyb (04-23-2013)

Was going to do some procrastinating, but decided to put it off for later.

+ Reply to Thread