+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 College Football Season

Default 2013 College Football Season

College football kicked off the season last night, and Ole Miss-Vandy was a major story line to the evening.

Alex and I went to the game last night, but due to all the injuries and technical issues, we left at the beginning of the fourth quarter (it was already 11:10, and we both had to go to school/work today).

We did make it home in time to see Vandy dramatically take the lead in the final two minutes thanks to an amazing 4th and 18 conversion by Jordan Matthews and a TD pass the next play. Unfortunately, Ole Miss killed us on a 75 rushing TD two plays later (good blocking and poor angles). Even then, it wasn't over, thanks to a facemask on the kick return. Vandy had the ball on the 49 to start, but we threw an interception (tipped pass) to end the game.

Ole Miss and Vandy are both really good teams. Vandy fans like me are disappointed that the defense had little answer to the zone read, since that is pretty much all Ole Miss ran the whole night. Their QB shredded us with his running (and made some good passes as well). On Vandy's side, Jordan Matthews showed why he will be a first round pick in the NFL draft next year. 10 catches for 178 yards and a TD.

Next week, my alma mater Austin Peay visits Vandy for the first time ever.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

UConn stinks!!!!! That is all.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

3. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (09-03-2013)

If Lane Kiffin hadn't had a successful dad, would he ever had been a head coach? He was a huge failure in Oakland, ran out of the job in Tennessee (and leaving the program a wreck), and now is a big flop at USC. Losing to Washington State at home by scoring just 7 points is pathetic.

And how in the world does Texas give up 550 yards ON THE GROUND? I could see BYU winning the game, but through the air, not the ground.

My NFL mobile app sent me an alert saying Lane Kiffin was fired from USC this morning.

Christmas came early this year!!!!!
    Was going to do some procrastinating, but decided to put it off for later.

Great day for college sports in Tennessee. Vandy beat Georgia at home for the first time since 1991 (they had a couple of wins in Georgia since then). It was also a "signature win" for Coach Franklin, his first over a ranked team, and Vandy's first home win over a ranked team since 2008.

At about the same time, UT kicked a game-winning field goal in the final seconds to down South Carolina. It was their first win over a ranked team since 2007. They still have a killer schedule coming up (@Bama, Missouri, Auburn), but they have a chance at a bowl.

TSU continues to win, as they downed UT Martin. They are 7-1, and 4-0 in the OVC. They also went into this game ranked #22 in the FCS standings, and they have the #1 defense in the FCS.

MTSU didn't play this weekend.

How bout my Nolesssssssssssss
    Christian Ponder, Miami Marlins, Miami Heat, Florida Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyd24 View Post
    How bout my Nolesssssssssssss
    You are one of the few here that can celebrate. You should be a big UCLA fan tonight, as they are tied with Oregon at halftime. It's too bad that there isn't a playoff this year, as Florida State would be almost assured of a top 4 spot.

Bama blasted UT. Texas A&M dominated Vandy (though they gave me a little hope scoring the last 17 points of the first half before giving up a pick 6 on the first play of the 2nd half). UConn got crushed.

Congrats to Duke and David Cutcliffe. They beat Virginia Tech for their first win over a ranked opponent since 1994, and they will go to their second straight bowl for the first time in Duke history.

Parddy, you guy got yourself one damn good football coach, but that's not where he'll benefit UCONN the most. The guy was without a doubt the best recruiter ND had and is widely praised as one of the best recruiters in football. You should see some good years going forward (may take a few years to get his guys in there).
    Something, something and a little more something.

11. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (12-12-2013)

#hei5man

who do y'all have in the game monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyd24 View Post
    who do y'all have in the game monday?
    I still think Auburn wins it, but the way Duke and Bama played in their bowl games makes me understand why Florida State is the favorite. Duke should have beat A&M, but collapsed in the 2nd half, while Bama didn't look very good against Oklahoma. I think there is a good chance for this game to reach 100 total points, so it should be exciting.

Down goes the buckeyes! Now FSU needs to win for this season not to end on such sorry terms.
    Welcome to the Suck

Looks like Charlie Strong is going to take the Texas job. They are not only getting a good coach, but a great person.

45-20 FSU, I know that may be unrealistic but I'm a homer considering I was there for 6 years but I think Auburn gets a few early touchdowns but FSU makes adjustments and we put them away.

And I agree, Strong is a hellueva coach, he is debatably the difference between Urban at UF and Urban at OSU....a defense

Score don't matter now, impressive comeback to win.
    Welcome to the Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    I still think Auburn wins it, but the way Duke and Bama played in their bowl games makes me understand why Florida State is the favorite. Duke should have beat A&M, but collapsed in the 2nd half, while Bama didn't look very good against Oklahoma. I think there is a good chance for this game to reach 100 total points, so it should be exciting.
    Oops
    Welcome to the Suck

Man what a game. Football. Still the best reality TV - the last 3 days have produced drama that most directors can only dream of....
    What a long strange trip it's been...

Words cannot describe that for me

22. The following user likes this post:

Jones31 (01-07-2014)

+ Reply to Thread