+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LSU or ALABAMA?

Default LSU or ALABAMA?

Who do you want to win, not think wins.

I'm SEC, so want Bama to go all the way to claim the SEC another Championship

Bama, I don't want Ohio St to get into the title game. The more undefeated teams in front of them, the better.

'BAMA! In my opinion OSU doesn't belong in the title game. They haven't played a team ranked in the top 10 since 2009. I'm a Louisville fan and even if they had run the table this year they wouldn't belong in the championship game because they haven't played anybody that matters. Although Teddy Bridgewater is one helluva QB!

Well it's halftime and Oregon doesn't look like they will be in the running unless they come out a diffrent team.

Go Stanford!!

Florida State will probably be #1 in the BCS after this weekend. The computers have them at #1 thanks to two top 10 victories.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    Florida State will probably be #1 in the BCS after this weekend. The computers have them at #1 thanks to two top 10 victories.
    Eh, I think there's still a lot of people who are going to keep Bama at #1 as long as they beat LSU simply because of the mindset of, "They're back to back National Champions, someone is gonna have to knock them off before they drop from #1".

You can obviously see where my feelings on the game lie though.

The pollsters will keep Bama #1. But they will also push Florida State from #3 to #2, and that may be enough to take the top spot thanks to the computers.

The pollsters will keep Bama #1. But they will also push Florida State from #3 to #2, and that may be enough to take the top spot thanks to the computers.
    Possibly, but Bama will get some help in the computers if they beat LSU. Especially if it's by any kind of significant margin.

Meanwhile FSU plays Wake Forest this week... That's not gonna help them put any distance up with the computers, or the pollsters.

FSU's schedule is so weak. BAMA will have to lose for FSU to jump to #1. Miami losing to VT won't help them.
    Welcome to the Suck

The BCS Standings are out. Bama is #1 and FSU is #2. The computer rankings really changed in Bama's favor. Barring a loss by Bama, there is no way Florida State can pass them now.

Bama is now #1 in 4 of the 6 computers, and #2 in the other 2. FSU is the opposite. As long as Florida State wins out, they will be in the BCS championship.

Bama should win the next two games easily, but they will be in a huge battle with #7 Auburn, and Missouri or South Carolina will be a challenge in Atlanta. A one-loss Bama team would not be in the BCS Championship at this point.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 11-11-2013 at 10:06 AM.

11. The following user likes this post:

Orca (11-11-2013)

Orca is offline Nam Sybillam quidem Cumis... Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute

The BCS Standings are out. Bama is #1 and FSU is #2. The computer rankings really changed in Bama's favor. Barring a loss by Bama, there is no way Florida State can pass them now.

Bama is now #1 in 4 of the 6 computers, and #2 in the other 2. FSU is the opposite. As long as Florida State wins out, they will be in the BCS championship.

Bama should win the next two games easily, but they will be in a huge battle with #7 Auburn, and Missouri or South Carolina will be a challenge in Atlanta. A one-loss Bama team would not be in the BCS Championship at this point.
    Agree, but FSU v. tOSU would be a travesty, given the latter's schedule.
    "In war there is no substitute for victory"

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Agree, but FSU v. tOSU would be a travesty, given the latter's schedule.
    If a team goes undefeated for two years straight in a BCS conference, I am not going to complain too much if they make it to the BCS championship. Plus Vandy is to blame. They bought out their meeting with Ohio State this year, and I am sure Ohio State would have won easily.

I don't think people would be complaining as much if they had a win over a Pac-12 school (Cal) and an SEC school in the same year.

Ohio State would get smoked in the BCS title game, really a win over a 1 win Cal team, stop..... just stop.
    Welcome to the Suck

+ Reply to Thread