+ Reply to Thread

Thread: College Football 2014

Default College Football 2014

Let's get this thread going, I know I haven't been on hear in probably near a year, but part of that is do to me just losing a general interest in the NFL as a whole. I'd still call my Titans my team, but growing up in South Florida there's just no real deep ties to the Titans so it's tough at times to really get all in on them.

Anyways, what are your projections for the CFB season, headed to the game in Dallas this Saturday to watch my Noles play, cant wait.

Hope Red Lobster caters the game for Winston.
    Christian Ponder, Miami Marlins, Miami Heat, Florida Panthers

2. 2 Users Liked This Post

Parddy (08-28-2014), Sect309Fan (08-28-2014)

Welcome back, Jimmyd!

Football talk in Nashville this off-season has mainly centered around whether UT can somehow get to 6 wins and a bowl game and whether Vandy can overcome the loss of their head coach and best receiver to still make it back a bowl for a fourth straight year. The UT-Vandy game (in Nashville) may be the final factor in answering both questions.

This weekend is huge for both teams. Vandy should beat Temple tonight (14 point favorite), but I want to see how well they look. The huge game is next Saturday at LP Field against Ole Miss. UT plays Utah State. Utah State would likely have beaten UT last year, but they are replacing a lot of their offense. UT is replacing their entire offensive and defensive lines, but they have an excellent group of receivers. If UT wins, their bowl hopes are still alive. If they lose, then there will be a lot of chaos for UT Nation.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

4. 2 Users Liked This Post

Comar (09-01-2014), Parddy (08-28-2014)

UConn plays BYU Friday night. I am fearing the worst.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

Vandy may be as bad as the SEC media has predicted them to be, Wow, I didn't that coming (though it was a fear of mine after all the offseason changes). 37-7, with Vandy's only TD on a botched snap of a punt. It's looking like a really long season...

How bout that AAC conference eh 309? We get no respect. lol
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

Darn AAC.

My Vandymania board is in meltdown mode after just one game. Some fans think we hired the worst coach possible. Coaching definitely played a big part of that loss (pulling your starting very early and scoring zero points on offense), but I think seeing how Mason responds to this disaster will be the telling point. Under Franklin, Vandy didn't lose to a bad (non-bowl) team in his three years. That streak appears to be over (though maybe Temple will be really good this year).

I am still going to the Ole Miss-Vandy game at LP Field next Saturday. I finally have 50 yard loge seats, and I want to see at least one game from that viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Parddy View Post
    How bout that AAC conference eh 309? We get no respect. lol
    I'm excited to see East Carolina join the AAC. Gives them a few better opponents than when they were in C-USA.

10. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (08-29-2014)

What a great season opening game for my VOLS against Utah State last night.....(38:7)..........!!!

Tennessee played 21 true freshmen....and the talent was on full display......!!!

BRICK BY BRICK

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VOLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-hh6QUDfrc
    Last edited by SwissTitansFan; 09-01-2014 at 07:06 AM.
    http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=137556524  6

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    Welcome back, Jimmyd!

Football talk in Nashville this off-season has mainly centered around whether UT can somehow get to 6 wins and a bowl game and whether Vandy can overcome the loss of their head coach and best receiver to still make it back a bowl for a fourth straight year. The UT-Vandy game (in Nashville) may be the final factor in answering both questions.

This weekend is huge for both teams. Vandy should beat Temple tonight (14 point favorite), but I want to see how well they look. The huge game is next Saturday at LP Field against Ole Miss. UT plays Utah State. Utah State would likely have beaten UT last year, but they are replacing a lot of their offense. UT is replacing their entire offensive and defensive lines, but they have an excellent group of receivers. If VANDY wins, their bowl hopes are still alive. If they lose, then there will be a lot of chaos for VANDY Nation.
    Fixed that for you 309!
    Part of you was part of him, and will be forever. You're in both worlds, and that makes you special.

Thanks.

14. The following user likes this post:

Comar (09-02-2014)

Well, today pretty much killed all my enthusiasm for college football for 2014. From now on, all I care about is pro football.

Vandy is already down 14-0 to UMass. Will Coach Mason survive the week?

He wouldn't be hurting if he didn't.....
    Welcome to the Suck

Vandy pulls off the improbable comeback with a blocked punt for a TD (after two previous TDs were called back after replay), a good defensive stop, a miracle catch on the four yard line (our guy just went over the back of the defender and took the ball away). a TD, and finally stooping UMass at the five yard line and them missing a field goal.

Anyone watch that Ole Miss Auburn game? I cannot remember a game ending that way...
    What a long strange trip it's been...

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Anyone watch that Ole Miss Auburn game? I cannot remember a game ending that way...
    I did. Helluva game, horrible ending with the Ole Miss player getting hurt like he did. He had a great game.

+ Reply to Thread