+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spurrier quits

Default Spurrier quits

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...e38886768.html

I guess he didn't want to get fired right after losing to Vandy this weekend, which does happen more often than you would think.

I have a lot of respect for Spurrier's success throughout the years, even if it brought pain on the Vols and Dores. This was going to be his only losing season as SC's coach.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I am sad to see Spurrier go, really liked him. Was hoping he would have gotten another ring before he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
    I am sad to see Spurrier go, really liked him. Was hoping he would have gotten another ring before he retired.
    He didn't retire.
    JUST WAITING ON 2019, GO TITANS!!!
    ∆ Now it is getting better...!∆

Wow. That was about as embarrassing a loss as you can get. Vandy had two weeks to prepare against a coach that had less than a week, and they still lost.

Last year Mason switched QBs constantly (and lost). This year, he has stuck by his QB, which may be an even worse decision. The guy is a turnover machine, with 10 INTs in just 6 games, and several lost fumbles. That is a big reason why Vandy hasn't scored more than 17 points in a game all year (not counting Austin Peay, which is the same as playing a high school team).

Vandy isn't that bad a team. Their defense is still one of the best in the SEC. They just are starting a very bad QB who is costing them wins every time he plays, despite the fact Vandy has 4 other QBs on their roster. If he continues to play, Vandy will not win another game and finish 2-10 for the season (0-8 in the SEC for a 2nd straight year).
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Sorry Mike, but Vandy and the Titans are on the same track.
    JUST WAITING ON 2019, GO TITANS!!!
    ∆ Now it is getting better...!∆

6. The following user likes this post:

zonian (10-19-2015)

+ Reply to Thread