+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20
FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Draft?

Don't we still have Mike Otto too? I think he can play either center or guard as well.

Javy Javy javy.....with the 32nd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans select Tim Tebow QB University of Florida
    in my defense.....at least javy had a good year.....

besides that, yeah, horrible preseason comment

i shoud probably get a notice
    Be attending all 10 titans home games this year, that is NOT including the preseason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBDC...ayer_embedded#!

3. The following user likes this post:

TTP77 (04-20-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by TTP77 View Post
    Don't we still have Mike Otto too? I think he can play either center or guard as well.
    Mike Otto is a Left Tackle, And the only one out of the group that hasn't played a different position, (I'd have to research that a little more)! Troy Kropog can play Tackle or Guard and Fernando Velasco can play C/G! But regardless the subtraction of one needs an addition of another. But both spent most of the year on the practice squad. The way i look at it is... Just give Munch his own selection in the 6th or 7th round just like in the past.

5. The following user likes this post:

Aaron3322 (04-21-2010)

I'm pretty certain when we drafted Otto he was supposed to be able to play center. i'ma think on this and look back but i wonder how many olinemen we will even carry. now i could see us signing some UDFA's at the position for competition and camp bodies.

this is very random, but if I haven't mentioned it before...color me unimpressed with jason peirre-paul. I know his athletism and potential is quite high but honestly, if that's the case...would anyone be opposed if we drafted secondary or a different player first round and trade a 6th or 7th pick for vernon gholston from the jets?

I know you're probably thinking "why he's a bust." but he has (or had) tons of potential and he is very athletic for a big man & he is still fairly young. I also mention this because w/ the addition of Jason Taylor, he is probably going to be buried in the depth chart & it seems like they finally have given up on him.

he was very productive as a 4-3 DE is college, maybe he's just not ment for 3-4 or comfortable with it...so who knows maybe he could thrive in our scheme. besides I don't care how much of a defensive guru rex ryan is, I doubt he can bring out the best of his d line like washburn can.
    Last edited by gnarl; 04-21-2010 at 04:52 AM.

yowza, this is scary stuff

http://cfn.scout.com/2/964152.html

Out of the last 22 teams to play in the last 11 Super Bowls, just 12 them drafted and developed their quarterback. Of those 12 teams, Tom Brady was under center for four of them (and he was a dumb-luck sixth round pick), two were quarterbacked by Peyton Manning, a once-in-a-generation star, and two were quarterbacked by Ben Roethlisberger, who was along for the ride for one of his championships. The other four were led by Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Steve McNair, and Eli Manning, and only Manning won a title.

It could be argued (very subjectively) that of the last 22 Super Bowl teams, only five, the 2006 and 2009 Indianapolis Colts, the 2004 Philadelphia Eagles, the 1999 Tennessee Titans, and the 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers, were there because of the highly drafted quarterbacks taken by their respective teams. Eli Manning might have been great at times, but the 2007 New York Giants won because of a defensive front that sat on the heads of opposing quarterbacks, the 2006 Chicago Bears (Grossman) and the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers (Roethlisberger) got in mainly because of hot defenses and great running games.

In other words, there's no reason to blow tens of millions of dollars on a quarterback with a high draft pick, and you should let someone else develop the passer who'll someday lead you to big things.

possibly the funniest mock i've read yet and comes complete with fake trades! how can you not like that? or something....

of course, i hate this...

16. Tennessee
    Jason Pierre-Paul, DE

Fun moment on my NFL draft preview podcast: Lombardi (the old-school former GM who studies tape) absolutely loved Pierre-Paul's potential, then Aaron Schatz (the head of www.footballoutsiders.com) came on and introduced his new SackSEER formula for evaluating speed rushers, which, of course, absolutely despised Pierre-Paul. Now I'm thinking ESPN needs a weekly show called "You Make My Skin Crawl," with old-school scouts/executives arguing with sabermetricians about a variety of sports topics and never agreeing on anything. Not only would I watch this show, I want to host it.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100420

SI_RossTucker

Cincy WR M. Gilyard told us that he thinks Kyle Wilson is better than Joe Haden. Gilyard played against both. Says Wilson's a "technician".
    hmmm, interesting.....

yea Southside, well I've come to the conclusion that guy is a major moron. that is quite possibly the stupidest mock for this team I've seen yet. a buttload of CB's and not one safety which is really a bigger need overall than CB. He wants us to draft an OL because we have "little proven depth." ok, let's go out and draft even more unproven depth!

I see he's picking on McRath for the Chargers game. Guess he finally realized he was wrong about Nick Harper on that one.

I do like the Jarrett Brown pick though lol
    I agree that this is a horrible mock. The Titans don't even have a 2nd round pick for one thing! I think it's a stretch to say the Titans need a safety more than they need a corner. Other than Finnegan who is solid, there's not another starting caliber corner on the roster. We have a buttload of depth guys at the position. They would be great depth if we had two legitimate starters, but we don't. With anything resembling a pass rush, Hope and Griffin should bounce back to form. Neither is great but they're at least serviceable with a rush. Back to the mock - If the Titans wait until the final two rounds to add linebackers they will get no one to push anybody. The need is too great at the position to wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    I agree that this is a horrible mock. The Titans don't even have a 2nd round pick for one thing! I think it's a stretch to say the Titans need a safety more than they need a corner. Other than Finnegan who is solid, there's not another starting caliber corner on the roster. We have a buttload of depth guys at the position. They would be great depth if we had two legitimate starters, but we don't. With anything resembling a pass rush, Hope and Griffin should bounce back to form. Neither is great but they're at least serviceable with a rush. Back to the mock - If the Titans wait until the final two rounds to add linebackers they will get no one to push anybody. The need is too great at the position to wait that long.
    Hope is scheduled to earn a buttload of money the next two years and he will be how old? i'm not convinced either he or Griff will bounce back but maybe. Besides we have no real depth at safety. I have more faith in Griff really. The real issue is not having a second round pick. I agree we need depth at LB. We really need depth at many spots...except CB! Your argument is that we need a dominant CB. I understand there are those who doubt the current crop of CB's on the roster. But if you can't get a good CB in round 1 then why do you think another later round one is going to be a difference maker?
    Last edited by TTP77; 04-21-2010 at 12:14 PM.

SI_RossTucker

Cincy WR M. Gilyard told us that he thinks Kyle Wilson is better than Joe Haden. Gilyard played against both. Says Wilson's a "technician".
    hmmm, interesting.....
    Very interesting indeed. I certainly wouldn't feel bad at all if we took Wilson at 16. There's only a few guys I'll be upset with if we take, wouldn't mind a DE or CB so hopefully I won't be too upset tomorrow

I'd be fine with Kyle Wilson too. But I don't think he'll be there.

This is just one example of why I majorly <3 Eric Berry...

# NFLFanHouse

"That was it for me with Deion. And that's why I've never tried to disappoint any kid that walks up to me." 14 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# NFLFanHouse NFLFanHouse

Eric Berry on Deion Sanders: "I went to one of his games once as a kid. I asked him for an autograph afterward and he just blew me off. "
    Eric, I wish you much success and happiness in your NFL career.

EDIT: and good article too

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/21/a...-to-be-picked/
    Last edited by TTP77; 04-21-2010 at 05:33 PM.

I'm praying we can get our hands on J.Shipley or J.Arenas! Or both! I just watched Shipley's YouTube Video on the Tennessean and the hair on my head stood up! I think he could be exactly what Welker is to the Pats, And being from Texas wouldn't hurt either, VY would trust him from day-1! I just keep thinking how great having Britt and Washington on the Outside and Shipley as the 3rd reciever, He could be the best Slot reciever we've ever had.

If you haven't watched the clip here it is... http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....ory=SPORTS0102

it always scares me to think that the decisions made in the next 72 hours will decide the fate of the franchise over the present future
    Turmoil in Titanville

18. The following user likes this post:

Aaron3322 (04-22-2010)

Unless we can make some trades and get an additional pick in the second round our first rounder has a ton of expectations.

20. The following user likes this post:

Aaron3322 (04-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by ryangm2123 View Post
    it always scares me to think that the decisions made in the next 72 hours will decide the fate of the franchise over the present future
    LOL...

It scares me to have Jeff Fisher as our HC!! You never know what things he's up to.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

+ Reply to Thread