+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Draft?

Yea he really could be a good LB. He is a LB pretty much that they just threw back at S its starting to seem. It would be pretty cool to have a LB that is fast enough to maybe chase down a guy like CJ tho. Yes, he is that fast. I am calling a 4.3 for him at the combine.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

Kiper's was just a first round draft. i'll keep looking to see if i can find anything else though Southside!

4. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (02-02-2010)

That was a good objective read! Thanks.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

6. The following user likes this post:

TTP77 (02-03-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by TTP77 View Post
    Kiper's was just a first round draft. i'll keep looking to see if i can find anything else though Southside!
    I think your right! I was reading the headline a week ago on ESPN and either Mcshay or Kiper was saying they were going to do a 7 round mock draft! I think he's waiting untill after the combine to do it though.

I was talking to Gary Estwick last week and he seems to think the Titans will overlook Carlos Dunlap's recent problems and pick him if he's available at 16-17! And im ok with that. Dunlap reminds me of Mario Williams in a way! Maybe it's just his size comparason at 6-6 290 lbs. I think Jim Washburn can utilize his talents. Actually if we pick a DE, I either want him or Derrick Morgan!

I've heard that Dunlap is very lazy and doesn't dominate the way he should, more so just benefiting from the talent around him

Lazy D-lineman, not Tennessee's style, with or without Washburn's help.

IDK if Dunlap will even be available when we pick. He does seem to be red flagged though so it might happen. I do think if they right guy is there we'll go Dline if we can. With safety and/or LB next.

Quote Originally Posted by TTP77 View Post
    IDK if Dunlap will even be available when we pick. He does seem to be red flagged though so it might happen. I do think if they right guy is there we'll go Dline if we can. With safety and/or LB next.
    It's the only reason he's not going in the top-5! My big thing with Dunlap is... He's not a trouble maker, He's not a bad kid! He had one mess up with the DUI and it was a horrible decision on his behalf! But with that being said, It's not like he's had multible run-in's with the law. Sometime's people need something like to happen so they can learn from it. Im not a florida homer, But i wouldn't be upset if we picked him either.

11. The following user likes this post:

TTP77 (02-04-2010)

Well if anyone can take him to the next level Washburn is the guy. lol

I was really hoping McCoy would fall to us but it looks like he's a top 5 pick now. :sad

13. 2 Users Liked This Post

Aaron3322 (02-12-2010), Southside Tirant (02-03-2010)

Hey TTP77, I just seen Mcshay has a new 2.0 Mock Draft! Would you post it when you get a chance. Thanks for going out of your way to do all of this!
    Last edited by Southside Tirant; 02-10-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southside Tirant View Post
    Hey TTP77, I just seen Mcshay has a new 2.0 Mock Draft! Would you post it when you get a chance bro. Thanks for going out of your way to do all of this!
    TTP77 is a she

16. 3 Users Liked This Post

Aaron3322 (02-12-2010), Southside Tirant (02-11-2010), TTP77 (02-12-2010)

id really like to get secondary help first. I wouldn't mind a DE later for depth.

Maybe we can sign somebody this offseason for either 2 thou.

Quote Originally Posted by carltron View Post
    id really like to get secondary help first. I wouldn't mind a DE later for depth.

Maybe we can sign somebody this offseason for either 2 thou.
    The only problem with that is... After Haden there's a big drop-off at the CB position! But i agree with the notion of going after a DE later in the draft, The only reason i say that is if you have a draft "loaded" with D-Lineman (DE's and DT's) and not so much with LB's, CB's and and other positions of need, wouldn't you go after the position that's thin first?

19. The following user likes this post:

gnarl (02-10-2010)

i pretty much feel the same way. and if healthy... i do think ford, jones, brown, hayes (yes we need depth) would be a pretty good starting line. ford is a very good pass rusher but needs to work on run stopping. we see what jones can do when healthy & hayes really came into his own this year. Brown is good & proven minus his offsides he seems to enjoy getting.

but i wouldnt mind going for LB thats if keith is coming back. I know their is a drop off in CB but i wouldnt be opposed to getting a saftey either.

21. The following user likes this post:

Southside Tirant (02-11-2010)

i pretty much feel the same way. and if healthy... i do think ford, jones, brown, hayes (yes we need depth) would be a pretty good starting line. ford is a very good pass rusher but needs to work on run stopping. we see what jones can do when healthy & hayes really came into his own this year. Brown is good & proven minus his offsides he seems to enjoy getting.

but i wouldnt mind going for LB thats if keith is coming back. I know their is a drop off in CB but i wouldnt be opposed to getting a saftey either.
    I'v been thinking alot about player's and position's that would make me happy as a fan and someone that makes sense! And after looking at endless mock drafts, (And you might think im crazy) But the only "DE" i was happy to see us drafting was Carlos Dunlap! And only because... He can be just as good as Mario Williams or better (If he turns his work ethic around). But besides him as i said before, I would want Derrick Morgan, The rest of them just don't feel right to me (Everson Griffen and Jason P. Paul)!

But here was my other thought... How would you all feel about drafting Brandon Spikes, Sergio Kindle or Sean Weatherspoon? (Im not a Florida homer by the way) lol. I was just thinking about how losing Bulluck would leave us without a "Vocal Leader" on defense! And i think Spikes can play any LB position we wanted him to, Not just MLB! And he's a great leader! And honestly i would rather have any of those 3 then anybody else with the exception of Eric Berry and N.Suh. But i think going after one of those three in the 1st round makes more sense then a DE! Then go after a DE or CB in the 3rd and so on. I know Sean Weatherspoon is a outspoken LB, I just don't know how Sergio Kindle is when it comes to being a leader, I just know Kindle can be a DE if LB doesn't work out or the other way around. But the only reason im mentioning all of this is because... S.Tulluch is very quiet and isn't known for communicating with the Defense! So it's just something to think about.
    Last edited by Southside Tirant; 02-11-2010 at 10:39 AM.

I would love to have sean witherspoon or brandon spikes. I don't think sergio would be 4-3 no matter what position he plays.

and tully may not talk much, but I think he is very competitive and tries to lead by example w/ his play.

I would love to have sean witherspoon or brandon spikes. I don't think sergio would be 4-3 no matter what position he plays.

and tully may not talk much, but I think he is very competitive and tries to lead by example w/ his play.
    I understand that Tully is a great player, But who takes the Headset and leads the Defense? If we lose Bulluck we need someone who can replace commanding the Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MDK Titan View Post
    TTP77 is a she
    TY!

I get that a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Southside Tirant View Post
    I understand that Tully is a great player, But who takes the Headset and leads the Defense? If we lose Bulluck we need someone who can replace commanding the Defense.
    I truly think McRath will be able to do it. The kid is smart just needs another offseason in the strength and training program. I think Tulloch is a good player but IMO he is not the guy to wear the helmet. He frustrates me sometimes too b/c I think he tends to over-pursue and rely on his athleticism too much. He absolute got blown up a cpl times last year also. I know he had a bunch of tackles but if you look at the stats are lot of those were made in the secondary and are a function of inability to stop the run at the line. JMO

27. The following user likes this post:

JimOkc (02-19-2010)

Here's the McShay draft...He has Gerald McCoy going #1...:sad

St. Louis Rams

Record: 1-15
    Gerald McCoy*, DT, Oklahoma

The Rams have a poor track record when it comes to drafting defensive linemen early, and now they have a tough choice to make between the stronger, more instinctive Ndamukong Suh and the quicker, more disruptive McCoy. Coach Steve Spagnuolo is looking for defensive linemen who can penetrate, which is why we think McCoy could be the top overall pick.

Detroit Lions

Record: 2-14
    Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

The Lions will gladly take Suh here. He won't provide the pass-rush production of McCoy, but he is a force versus the run and he consistently disrupts passing windows thanks to his excellent instincts and long arms.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Record: 3-13
    Jason Pierre-Paul*, DE, South Florida

The Bucs will consider Tennessee S Eric Berry here, but they are in dire need of a speed rusher and Pierre-Paul is the most explosive one this draft class has to offer.

Washington Redskins

Record: 4-12
    Anthony Davis*, OT, Rutgers

Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford has enough physical and mental tools to develop into a good NFL starter eventually. However, he also enters the league with enough question marks (shoulder injury, spread offensive system, etc.) for a team like the Redskins to pass and fill one of several other holes. Solidifying its offensive line should be Washington's top priority, and Davis is the most naturally gifted tackle in this year's deep group. Two other options at tackle are Russell Okung (Oklahoma State) and Bryan Bulaga (Iowa).

Kansas City Chiefs

Record: 4-12
    Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Berry could make a huge impact in the Chiefs' secondary as well, but Kansas City has too much work still to do at core positions to spend No. 5 money on a safety. The offensive line needs to be solidified, and that could happen by bringing in Okung, who has a quick first step, good power and a mean streak.

Seattle Seahawks

Record: 5-11
    Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa

Look for Seattle to pass on a quarterback in the top 10 for the second straight year. Finding a replacement for Walter Jones at left tackle is the more immediate need, and the team will get a safer prospect there than at quarterback. Bulaga still has room to improve in pass protection, but he displays the feet and balance to develop into a very good overall starting left tackle in the NFL.
    Cleveland Browns

Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee

Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant will be tough to pass up here, but the Browns did spend a pair of second-round picks on WRs Brian Robiskie and Mohamed Massaquoi last year. Berry has the talent and experience to make the kind of impact for the Browns that perennial Pro Bowler Ed Reed made for the Ravens early in his career.

Oakland Raiders

Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Considering the team has used high draft picks on a quarterback (JaMarcus Russell), running back (Darren McFadden) and wide receiver (Darrius Heyward-Bey) in recent years, it would make sense to shift the focus to the offensive line this April. Both of the Raiders' starting offensive tackles (Mario Henderson and Cornell Green) are below average, and Williams has the physical tools and toughness to provide an upgrade at one of those two spots immediately.

Buffalo Bills

Record: 6-11
    Sam Bradford*, QB, Oklahoma

Offensive tackle and quarterback are chief among the Bills' needs, and they should draft a tackle if Davis, Okung or Bulaga is available. This scenario has them selecting the top quarterback prospect in the 2010 class, though. Bradford is a bit of a project because of his slight frame and the spread system he played in at Oklahoma, but he has the football intelligence and accuracy to be molded into a good starter in the NFL.

Jacksonville Jaguars**

Record: 7-9
    Derrick Morgan*, DE, Georgia Tech

Morgan will not wow scouts with his results at the combine, but he is a high-motor, technically sound player who can pressure the quarterback and set the edge against the run. He has the physical tools to develop into a good every-down starter at the next level.

Denver Broncos** (from 7-9 Chicago)

Record: 6-7
    Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State

Denver still has needs along its offensive and defensive fronts as well as in the secondary, but it will be tough to pass on the clear-cut No. 1 wideout in this year's class should Bryant fall to the Broncos.

Miami Dolphins

Record: 7-9
    Rolando McClain*, ILB, Alabama

Bryant falling to No. 12 would be a dream scenario for the Dolphins, but if he is off the board, look for Miami to target a top talent in the defensive front seven. McClain is NFL-ready with the size, straight-line speed and work ethic to win a starting inside linebacker job immediately.

San Francisco 49ers

Record: 8-8
    Joe Haden*, CB, Florida

The 49ers could go in several directions with this pick, including quarterback, offensive line or a pass-rusher, but they wouldn't go wrong taking a top-10 skill player like Haden at this spot.

Seattle Seahawks (from 8-8 Denver)

C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen might be a possibility here, but we do not believe he's worthy of a first-round selection. After finding a left tackle at No. 6, it would make sense for the Seahawks to use this pick on a difference-maker like Spiller. Running backs generally are not worth drafting this high, but Spiller has additional value due to his home run ability as a receiver and return man.

New York Giants

Brian Price*, DT, UCLA

The Giants need to retool the middle of their defense, and Price would be a good player to start with. He possesses the quickness and power to develop into a disruptive playmaker who can get into opposing backfields.

San Francisco** (from 8-8 Carolina)

Mike Iupati, OT/G, Idaho

Iupati is a fast-rising guard/right tackle prospect who is strong and nasty and would fit in nicely with coach Mike Singletary's hard-nosed brand of football.

Tennessee Titans**

Carlos Dunlap*, DE, Florida

Dunlap is a bit immature and there are questions about his work ethic, but he also possesses a rare combination of size and athleticism for a defensive end. The Titans have enough veteran leadership on that side of the ball to pull the trigger here on a developmental project like Dunlap.

Pittsburgh Steelers

Record: 9-7
    Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

The Steelers would like to use this pick on a top offensive line prospect like Iupati or Trent Williams, but with both off the board, they will avoid reaching for another offensive lineman. They also will avoid stretching for a tackle like Maryland's Bruce Campbell to go for value with Dan Williams, who has the size and strength to develop into the eventual replacement for NT Casey Hampton, who is set to become a free agent.
    Atlanta Falcons**

Kareem Jackson*, CB, Alabama

The Falcons need to improve their secondary talent after getting shredded through the air this past season. Jackson is one of the most underrated prospects in the 2010 class, and has the size, agility and balance to hold up in bump-and-run coverage on the perimeter. Plus, Jackson's instincts and technique are outstanding, so he should be ready to play as a rookie despite leaving school a year early.
    Houston Texans**

Earl Thomas*, S, Texas

Thomas is undersized but physical enough to play safety in the NFL if used properly. Regardless, he's one of the three most talented defensive backs in the 2010 class, and the Texans could use an upgrade at both free safety and cornerback, so Thomas is a fit no matter where he ends up playing.
    Cincinnati Bengals

Record:10-6
    Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

The Bengals are likely to use an early-round selection on a tight end, and while Gresham is a risk due to knee injuries (torn left ACL in high school, season-ending cartilage damage to right knee in 2009), his combination of size and athleticism is rare and he can stretch the seam effectively.
    New England Patriots

Record: 10-6
    Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

Graham is a bit undersized to play a traditional defensive end role, and he does not have the ideal athleticism you want in an outside linebacker. If used properly, though, Graham can excel in the NFL, and he appears to be in Bill Belichick's wheelhouse with his nonstop motor, excellent technique and good overall football intelligence.
    Last edited by TTP77; 02-12-2010 at 01:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread