+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indians - Cubs World Series

Default Indians - Cubs World Series

I just wanted to post this, since I still have a hard time it really is going to happen.

Congrats to both franchises, and it will be great to end either the longest or second longest WS championship drought. From a time perspective, my dad was 3 years old when the Indians last won it all, and he was a month old when the Cubs last were in one. Just amazing.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Rare when I am happy for a fanbase but no one has been tortured like Cubs fans yet year after year they filled Wrigley. Glad to see another ridiculous curse bite the dust.

This is a massive win for Fox. They are gonna get huge numbers from the Cubs storyline alone.
    Last edited by Toronto; 10-23-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

Looking forward to this myself. Someone's drought is about to end.

The Indians won 6-0 last night for game 1. Until a home team loses, it still is a toss up on who will win it all, though the game 1 winner has won the last 6 World Series titles and 17 of the last 19.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 10-26-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    The Indians won 6-0 last night for game 1. Until a home team loses, it still is a toss up on who will win it all, though the game 1 winner has won the last 6 World Series titles and 17 of the last 19.
    Kluber is just a great pitcher. Lefties are helpless to his 2 seam fastball. It looks like its coming at their knees, then it dives over home plate. It's just an unhittable pitch right now.

The Cubs won game 2 easily, 5-1. I doubt Chicago wins 3 in a row at home, but they do need to win at least 2 to have a shot.

Now that the Indians have won the first two in Chicago, it will take a miracle for the Cubs to win the series. The Cubs just aren't hitting well, and the Indians are.

I do hope the Cubs win tonight to send it back to Cleveland. It will really disappointing for both teams for the Indians to win on a visiting field and for all those Cubs fans to not even see a win at home.

The Cubs did prevail last night 3-2. I was nervous when the Indians had the early home run, but the Cubs had a 3 run inning to take the lead for good. The Cubs did put in their closer for a multi-inning save, but it worked out.

I still would be surprised to see the Indians lose the series at this point. I just don't see the Cubs winning two there.

Glad the Cubbies got one at Wrigley. Wish they had gotten two, its going to be tough to get two in Cleveland.

The Cubs struck early with 3 in the first and a grand slam in the 3rd for a pretty easy win (9-2).

Game 7 tonight! The Indians bullpen is well rested, while the Cubs have had Chapman pitch a lot this series. If the Cubs don't have a lead after 4 innings, the Indians should have the advantage. But if the Cubs get an early lead like in the last two games, then they have a great shot to win it.

Hard to not be excited as a sports fan. Fighting the shingles but gonna try to stay awake from painkillers to watch a mega curse end for one team.

I am glad I went to bed around 9:45, because if I had stayed up any longer, I would have had to watch the whole thing, which didn't end till about 11:50 PM. I did watch the last few innings on my DVR, and it was just an amazing game, one for the ages.

Congrats to the Cubs for ending the longest championship drought in American pro sports history! The Arizona Cardinals now hold that distinction, last winning a championship in 1947 when they were the Chicago Cardinals.

It was worth staying up.
    Welcome to the Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Jones31 View Post
    It was worth staying up.
    I'm bummed I missed it and watched on PVR. On some funky painkillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    I'm bummed I missed it and watched on PVR. On some funky painkillers.
    I paid for it last night... was asleep early.
    Welcome to the Suck

+ Reply to Thread