+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Super Bowl

Threaded View

Default The Super Bowl

This is Super Bowl week and no thread? Is it just me or does there seem to be a decided lack of interest in this game? Even the media isn't hyping this year's game en masse. I understand there's a lot going on in the world but this is the least public interest I've seen in a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

Personally, I'll probably sit this one out. I've watched every Super Bowl since watching the Steelers beat the Vikings in Super Bowl IX but that streak will likely end this year. And it's not just the Super Bowl. This also marks the first year I didn't watch a single playoff game as well.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

No real buzz, outside of ATL and New England, not one cares, and most hope Atlanta wins. That bandwagon started filling up in the first half of the NFC Championship.
    Welcome to the Suck

I will be cheering for the Patriots, but I am more interested in seeing all the protests during the day in Houston...could make things 'interesting'
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

I am excited about the game. I always cheer for teams to win their first Super Bowl, and Atlanta is a fellow Southern city. I would cheer for anyone against the Patriots, but Atlanta makes it even easier.

It should be a good game, and the Falcons should pull it out.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    It should be a good game, and the Falcons should pull it out.

Keep dreaming.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

I truly could care less. I haven't been at this level of disinterest since the Bills in the mid 90s by their 3rd SB.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

I can see the Patriots easily winning this. Belichick is a master of taking a star out of the game. I see Julio Jones having a down game. If the Atlanta backs don't step up and New England gets up early, I think Ryan starts making mistakes. Pats win 31-17

I see Atlanta's defense making Brady very uncomfortable, and he starts making mistakes. Atlanta's offense is just too much, and the Falcons win 35 - 28.

Liking the start so far. Falcons up 14-0.

Pick 6! Falcons up 21-0 now.

21-3 at halftime. Brady just isn't looking comfortable, and Atlanta's offense is making the big plays.

28-3 now. This game is all but over.

28-20 now. Falcons should still win, but the pressure is on.

Looks like our first OT Super Bowl. Amazing comeback by the Pats.

Brady was just too good today. First OT Super Bowl and largest comeback ever.

If the Falcons hadn't screwed up in field goal range, they likely win. Instead the Patriots pull it out.

I think I'd rather see the Titans never make the Super Bowl again over seeing them give up a huge lead like ATL did tonight.

17. 3 Users Liked This Post

DieHardTitan (02-06-2017), Parddy (02-06-2017), Sect309Fan (02-06-2017)

The GOAT argument is officially dead. Anyone that still thinks there is a QB from any generation that was better than Brady is nuts. 5 SBs rings, 2 other SBs lost. The man is simply legendary and we will all remember this game for decades.

19. 2 Users Liked This Post

Jones31 (02-06-2017), Parddy (02-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    The GOAT argument is officially dead. Anyone that still thinks there is a QB from any generation that was better than Brady is nuts. 5 SBs rings, 2 other SBs lost. The man is simply legendary and we will all remember this game for decades.
    Brady is the very definition of a system QB. You get pressure on him and he goes down like a sack of potatoes each and every time. He never had a great arm, he has average pocket awareness, and he has no athletic ability. He hits wide open receivers all day because of that system. New England can draft and sign average players and make them look like studs, because of the system.

Montana was 4-0 in Superbowls. Brady is 5-2, and truthfully, he should be 3-4. That was a choke job by Atlanta, mixed in with some good fortune for New England.

Cassell went 11-5 with that team. Garappolo was 3-0 and would've been 4-0 had he not been injured. Why did Jimmy G look like the best QB in the league after the first three games this season? I'll tell you why, SYSTEM.

21. 2 Users Liked This Post

Maximus (02-18-2017), TitansGiantsBears (02-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardTitan View Post
    Brady is the very definition of a system QB. You get pressure on him and he goes down like a sack of potatoes each and every time. He never had a great arm, he has average pocket awareness, and he has no athletic ability. He hits wide open receivers all day because of that system. New England can draft and sign average players and make them look like studs, because of the system.

Montana was 4-0 in Superbowls. Brady is 5-2, and truthfully, he should be 3-4. That was a choke job by Atlanta, mixed in with some good fortune for New England.

Cassell went 11-5 with that team. Garappolo was 3-0 and would've been 4-0 had he not been injured. Why did Jimmy G look like the best QB in the league after the first three games this season? I'll tell you why, SYSTEM.
    Montana was also a system QB, who also had the greatest WR of all time alongside 3 HOfers on that D. Taylor and Brent Jones and Roger Craig weren't slouches either. Steve Young proved that system as well. Not buying it. Brady is the GOAT as much as it pains me.

23. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (02-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Montana was also a system QB, who also had the greatest WR of all time alongside 3 HOfers on that D. Taylor and Brent Jones and Roger Craig weren't slouches either. Steve Young proved that system as well. Not buying it. Brady is the GOAT as much as it pains me.
    People seem to forget that Montana went to KC when he was past his prime and took them to the playoffs. I'd love to see Brady play for a middle-of-the-pack team.

+ Reply to Thread