+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    The GOAT argument is officially dead. Anyone that still thinks there is a QB from any generation that was better than Brady is nuts. 5 SBs rings, 2 other SBs lost. The man is simply legendary and we will all remember this game for decades.
    Brady is the very definition of a system QB. You get pressure on him and he goes down like a sack of potatoes each and every time. He never had a great arm, he has average pocket awareness, and he has no athletic ability. He hits wide open receivers all day because of that system. New England can draft and sign average players and make them look like studs, because of the system.

Montana was 4-0 in Superbowls. Brady is 5-2, and truthfully, he should be 3-4. That was a choke job by Atlanta, mixed in with some good fortune for New England.

Cassell went 11-5 with that team. Garappolo was 3-0 and would've been 4-0 had he not been injured. Why did Jimmy G look like the best QB in the league after the first three games this season? I'll tell you why, SYSTEM.

2. 2 Users Liked This Post

Maximus (02-18-2017), TitansGiantsBears (02-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardTitan View Post
    Brady is the very definition of a system QB. You get pressure on him and he goes down like a sack of potatoes each and every time. He never had a great arm, he has average pocket awareness, and he has no athletic ability. He hits wide open receivers all day because of that system. New England can draft and sign average players and make them look like studs, because of the system.

Montana was 4-0 in Superbowls. Brady is 5-2, and truthfully, he should be 3-4. That was a choke job by Atlanta, mixed in with some good fortune for New England.

Cassell went 11-5 with that team. Garappolo was 3-0 and would've been 4-0 had he not been injured. Why did Jimmy G look like the best QB in the league after the first three games this season? I'll tell you why, SYSTEM.
    Montana was also a system QB, who also had the greatest WR of all time alongside 3 HOfers on that D. Taylor and Brent Jones and Roger Craig weren't slouches either. Steve Young proved that system as well. Not buying it. Brady is the GOAT as much as it pains me.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

4. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (02-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Montana was also a system QB, who also had the greatest WR of all time alongside 3 HOfers on that D. Taylor and Brent Jones and Roger Craig weren't slouches either. Steve Young proved that system as well. Not buying it. Brady is the GOAT as much as it pains me.
    People seem to forget that Montana went to KC when he was past his prime and took them to the playoffs. I'd love to see Brady play for a middle-of-the-pack team.

Welcome to the Suck

People seem to forget that Montana went to KC when he was past his prime and took them to the playoffs. I'd love to see Brady play for a middle-of-the-pack team.
    And lost in the AFC Championship by 4 TDs. He was also on the shelf part of the season. If the Oilers hadn't gotten choking down to an artform they destroy that Chief team.

Outside Randy Moss and maybe Wes Welker, name another Jerry Rice/John Taylor. Gronk plays the role of Brent Jones. For that matter, Belichick is a defense first coach, so who is his Bill Walsh/George Seifert?

Man when I have to defend Brady....the debate is over man. They are a middle of the pack team with an alltimer as HC and another alltimer at QB.

There is no way a QB could elevate mediocre receivers to that level. None. Look at their receivers, do you notice something different about them as opposed to all the other receivers in the league?

That team is 100% system, and 100% Bellicheat. I don't see Tom Brady making throws that Ryan, Rodgers, Brees can't make. Like I said, he's hitting wide open guys with mostly dink and dunk passes. Didn't their running back set the record for most catches by a RB in a Superbowl?

Then of course there's 15+ years of cheating, no asterisk in the record books, but many Football fans know. Just like we know that deflategate was merely a make up call for all the other times the Patriots were busted for their numerous offenses involving cheating, but nothing was actually done about it.
    Last edited by DieHardTitan; 02-06-2017 at 02:05 PM.

How is it that they couldn't make it work with Ocho Cinco, but they make every other Tom, Dick and Harry look like hall-of-famers?

As far as I'm concerned, this will always be the Patriots legacy:

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...patriots-apart
    I have no love for that franchise and I'm sorry, but I'm just not where you are here.

DieHardTitan, its over. You're basically just grasping at straws at this point. You hate the Patriots and thats cool (the majority of fans do), but the greatness is clear as day.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

How is it that they couldn't make it work with Ocho Cinco, but they make every other Tom, Dick and Harry look like hall-of-famers?
    When you can't learn the playbook, players aren't worth crap in New England.
    Welcome to the Suck

I am just absolutely shocked. Atlanta had a great season, post-season and they were trully dominating on SB...how did they choke? I will never know.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

I've said this for ages and the success of other average QB's in that system when Brady was out is damning evidence. To me, the measure of a QB is his worth to the team. Backup QB's have found too much success to dismiss the argument. What would the Broncos have been in the 1980's without Elway? They certainly wouldn't have lost three Super Bowls because he elevated that team. They were an average team at best without him but conference champions with him under center. A good modern example were the Colts. With Manning, it didn't matter who went down or whatever their weaknesses were, they were a Super Bowl contender/favorite every year. He got hurt and they're a 3-13 team. He elevated that team's level of play.

I don't think Brady does that. I think he knows the system very well and it's a system built upon his strengths and designed to hide his weaknesses. There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's smart football but I can think of at least 10-15 QB's I'd rather have under center than Brady. And as you pointed out, he folds under pressure. Every single game I'm ever watched in which he's pressured, he's struggled but teams rarely play the Pats that way. Instead, they play right into their hands and try to cover rather than rush. If I was an opposing coach I'd instruct my players to beat the hell out of him. No bounty for it, but I'd make sure he wouldn't stand back there and dink and dunk his way down the field.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

16. 2 Users Liked This Post

DieHardTitan (02-07-2017), Maximus (02-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    I've said this for ages and the success of other average QB's in that system when Brady was out is damning evidence. To me, the measure of a QB is his worth to the team. Backup QB's have found too much success to dismiss the argument. What would the Broncos have been in the 1980's without Elway? They certainly wouldn't have lost three Super Bowls because he elevated that team. They were an average team at best without him but conference champions with him under center. A good modern example were the Colts. With Manning, it didn't matter who went down or whatever their weaknesses were, they were a Super Bowl contender/favorite every year. He got hurt and they're a 3-13 team. He elevated that team's level of play.

I don't think Brady does that. I think he knows the system very well and it's a system built upon his strengths and designed to hide his weaknesses. There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's smart football but I can think of at least 10-15 QB's I'd rather have under center than Brady. And as you pointed out, he folds under pressure. Every single game I'm ever watched in which he's pressured, he's struggled but teams rarely play the Pats that way. Instead, they play right into their hands and try to cover rather than rush. If I was an opposing coach I'd instruct my players to beat the hell out of him. No bounty for it, but I'd make sure he wouldn't stand back there and dink and dunk his way down the field.
    Amen. Amen. Amen. We've seen how some teams fare without their starting QB. I remember the year A-Rod missed a game or two and Matt Flynn set the GB record for most passing yards in a game. It looked like he was another product of a system. However, a few years later when A-Rod went down for en extended period of time, GB struggled to stay afloat. I can't remember their record during that time, but I know they got hammered by Detroit in one of those games. 40-10 if I recall correctly. Atlanta self-destructed, but I'm going to have to hear about Brady being the greatest for the rest of my life. Apparently he held Atlanta scoreless for the last 27 minutes of the game. Not only that, but he also called three running plays for Atlanta after they were up 28-3.

Why don't other teams replicate that system and go to multiple Super Bowls?
    It's Always Something...

They don't have the players....
    Welcome to the Suck

They don't have Tom Brady.
    It's Always Something...

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan23 View Post
    They don't have Tom Brady.
    Why have the Patriots won without Tom Brady? What is it Tom Brady does better than the other elite Quarterbacks?

Why have the Patriots won without Tom Brady? What is it Tom Brady does better than the other elite Quarterbacks?
    They haven't really won anything without Brady. They missed the playoffs the one year he was out (though at 11-5), and the last playoff win by the Patriots without Brady was back in Dec 1997 (Blesdsoe was QB).

What Tom Brady does better than anyone else is win. He has been a starter for 16 years, and the Patriots missed the playoffs only twice in that span. In 2002, the Patriots were 9-7 and missed due to tiebreakers (5 AFC teams were 9-7), and in 2008 Brady was injured early on and the team missed at 11-5. And in those 14 years, the Patriots went one and done just twice, while reaching the Super Bowl seven times.

Brady has a 183-52 record in the regular season and 25-9 in the playoffs. He has won more Super Bowls than any other QB.

The Patriots have been in the top 5 in points scored for the last seven years (#1 twice) and in the top 10 the last thirteen years.

And Brady has been able to do all of this outdoors in a cold weather city.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

23. 2 Users Liked This Post

TitanPop (02-16-2017), TitansFan23 (02-16-2017)

Wins
    Welcome to the Suck

+ Reply to Thread